Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Munrot07)
    Definitely. When I read time heist I went through the whole script not really knowing what was going on and then right at the end when it all clicked into place it was just "that is so good".

Spoiler:
    Show
    I felt that both Listen and Time heist have a feel of hide about them (one of the good episodes of season 7). The whole fear side of hide definitely comes through on listen and the ending of time heist made me think of the ending of hide.

The first two episodes also look like they will be good. Into the Dalek looks like it could be amazing but I am interested to see the execution of that one to see if it actually is as good on tv as the script is.
    I did the same! I read the script for time heist very briefly, but not right to the end because spoilers

Spoiler:
    Show
    read most of listen, and the one scene I was literally waiting for is in it! Couldn't believe it really, it's just such a good episode

I really hope they don't overdo into the dalek- done just right and it could be a fantastic episode. One of the most original scripts by far!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeywimey)
    I did the same! I read the script for time heist very briefly, but not right to the end because spoilers

Spoiler:
    Show
    read most of listen, and the one scene I was literally waiting for is in it! Couldn't believe it really, it's just such a good episode

I really hope they don't overdo into the dalek- done just right and it could be a fantastic episode. One of the most original scripts by far!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am just really hoping that the rest of the series lives up to the first 5 (excluding episode 3 :P ) episode Would end up being easily one of the best series post 2005.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Munrot07)
    I am just really hoping that the rest of the series lives up to the first 5 (excluding episode 3 :P ) episode Would end up being easily one of the best series post 2005.
    Absolutely! Last series was pretty bad, and from what I've read, Capaldi's doctor sounds like a
    Spoiler:
    Show
    cracker.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Loved the joke about English and Scottish accents in the leaked episode.

ReputationRep:
    So who is pumped for series 8?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iscribbletoomuch)
    So who is pumped for series 8?
    Looks like it is going to be Moffat's best series so far - especially with episode 4 (Listen). But, that won't stop people trying to criticise him.

ReputationRep:
    On a side note, which episodes do people like from the Tennant/Eccleston era? Turn Left is one of my all time favs.

ReputationRep:
    On a side note, which episodes do people like from the Tennant/Eccleston era? Turn Left is one of my all time favs.
    For some reason, and still to this day I don't know why, but I wasn't a big fan of the 9th Doctor. For me, he made me cringe at time by the way he acted. Still a good Doctor, though. My favorite episode of series 1 was "The Empty Child" & "The Doctor Dances".

Most people say The Doctor you first grow up with will probably be 'your' Doctor, which is correct with me. because Tennant is 'my' Doctor. I probably would say my favorite episode was "The Water of Mars" and "Human Nature".

If I had to pick my favorite episode of Doctor Who so far, that would be "Vincent and the Doctor". I didn't care about the monster, but the story of Van Gogh was fabulous. I never knew what he went through until I watched this episode. It made me look at him in a completely different way than I did in the past. Really want more episodes like that.

ReputationRep:
    Ahaaa 'Turn Left' was awesome
    Urrrm 'Family of Blood', 'Utopia', 'Sound of the Drums', ooh and 'Blink'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomLL)
    For some reason, and still to this day I don't know why, but I wasn't a big fan of the 9th Doctor. For me, he made me cringe at time by the way he acted. Still a good Doctor, though. My favorite episode of series 1 was "The Empty Child" & "The Doctor Dances".

Most people say The Doctor you first grow up with will probably be 'your' Doctor, which is correct with me. because Tennant is 'my' Doctor. I probably would say my favorite episode was "The Water of Mars".

If I had to pick my favorite episode of Doctor Who so far, that would be "Vincent and the Doctor". I didn't care about the monster, but the story of Van Gogh was fabulous. I never knew what he went through until I watched this episode. It made me look at him in a completely different way than I did in the past. Really want more episodes like that.
    I started watching doctor who really late- jan 13, I think "my" doctor has to be tennant, but 11 had some pretty good episodes too. Impossible astronaut/day of the moon, time of angels, and Vincent and the doctor are up there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 29Bilal96)
    Ahaaa 'Turn Left' was awesome
    Urrrm 'Family of Blood', 'Utopia', 'Sound of the Drums', ooh and 'Blink'
    I agree! Utopia and Blink were quite something

ReputationRep:
    I agree! Utopia and Blink were quite something
    :eek: --> "Don't blink"
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Turn Left/Blink were both good, as has been mentioned. Personally was a huge fan of Midnight too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    Turn Left/Blink were both good, as has been mentioned. Personally was a huge fan of Midnight too.
    Midnight! How could I forget? Going to go watch it now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to miss Matt Smith as the doctor but I am looking forward to the new series.
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Welcome Squad
    So looking forward to the next series. It's been a long wait and I want to see what Capaldi will be like

(Original post by shadowdweller)
    Midnight scared the **** outta me. Still can't really watch it
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by bubble999)
    So looking forward to the next series. It's been a long wait and I want to see what Capaldi will be like

Midnight scared the **** outta me. Still can't really watch it
    I know that feeling. Midnight, Blink, The Empty Child two parter, Waters of Mars and Silence in the Library two parter get me every time. Have to have someone with me to watch them.
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    I know that feeling. Midnight, Blink, The Empty Child two parter, Waters of Mars and Silence in the Library two parter get me every time. Have to have someone with me to watch them.
    Omg yes! All of these are scary.

Out of all of them, Midnight and Waters of Mars are ones I can barely watch. I don't find the others too bad now

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by bubble999)
    Omg yes! All of these are scary.

Out of all of them, Midnight and Waters of Mars are ones I can barely watch. I don't find the others too bad now

Posted from TSR Mobile
    With the double parters I'm better if I see both parts at once...if not the waiting kills me. I think the worst thing about Midnight and Waters of Mars is the Doctor now knowing that the things are and how to stop them. Urgh just imagining the faces of the monsters on Mars is making me scared to sleep now.
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    With the double parters I'm better if I see both parts at once...if not the waiting kills me. I think the worst thing about Midnight and Waters of Mars is the Doctor now knowing that the things are and how to stop them. Urgh just imagining the faces of the monsters on Mars is making me scared to sleep now.
    Why did I read this before bed :afraid:

But agreed, the psychology behind it and all :fyi:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.