Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jo_Marie)
    Oh OK I think I half expect all that you've said, it is often the phrasing, the time it takes to get your head round what they actually ask?!

So is that it for you now, or do you have any other interviews to go to?
    Yeah sorry I'm rambly haha! Again though, it might just have been me.
    I haven't had one yet, just had one rejection from my wildcard. Am sort of expecting two more rejections though - I have no classroom experience. I'll wait before being too defeatist, but yeah... it wasn't the most hopeful application despite my placement starting in Jan. P: How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madl24903)
    I've applied for Homerton (which is literally next door to the faculty) and Jesus college (which looks like a little castle! ).

It went well, I felt challenged but I loved every second of it. There's a Nandos nearby to recharge the batteries lol. We were told we should find out in 2 weeks time.
    I will apply to Homerton I think, as for the other I think I will just pick out of a hat! good luck anyway

ReputationRep:
    Oh well done getting it out of the way with. Hope it went OK. Any obvious tips or things to look out for? What was the whole day like, did it go on much after 4pm?

Fingers crossed you get an offer, I have mine there tomorrow!!

(Original post by magic_box)
    Had my St Mary's interview today - it was a really good day and I think it went well, I got a very positive feeling from the place (fingers crossed!)

Now just to wait and see - they said we should hear within 5 days so it's all very quick!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxstace123xx)
    Passed the numeracy test today, for those worried about the mental maths section, it is easier than the practise tests.

I think I actually found the mental maths easier than the second bit.
    Ooh thanks for letting us know. I have mine tomorrow and I'm bricking it!

ReputationRep:
    I've my first interview tomorrow with St Marys.

Next Wednesday I've got Roehampton. I've only recently started my time working with a school, and at the open days they all said that as long as you're at least applying they will consider applications. It's all about how you come across with other qualities right?

Where are the two you're waiting on?
    (Original post by awe)
    Yeah sorry I'm rambly haha! Again though, it might just have been me.
    I haven't had one yet, just had one rejection from my wildcard. Am sort of expecting two more rejections though - I have no classroom experience. I'll wait before being too defeatist, but yeah... it wasn't the most hopeful application despite my placement starting in Jan. P: How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Oh well done getting it out of the way with. Hope it went OK. Any obvious tips or things to look out for? What was the whole day like, did it go on much after 4pm?

Fingers crossed you get an offer, I have mine there tomorrow!!
    Thank you!
    The day lasted from 8.20am-2pm for me but my afternoon interview was near the beginning so I imagine some people were still there at 4! I don't think it would have ended much later than that though.
    What have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    That's odd... Mine is from 9.30 on the interview pack?

Is yours secondary?

I'm primary PGCE full time. You?

Im
    Thank you!
    The day lasted from 8.20am-2pm for me but my afternoon interview was near the beginning so I imagine some people were still there at 4! I don't think it would have ended much later than that though.
    What have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awe)
    Just completed my skills tests and amazingly passed the numeracy one!

If you go to your UCAS application, along the sidebar where you have already seen 'references / education / personal statement' etc categories to fill in, there is near the bottom a 'Print Form' option. I just chose that, printed the 12 pages of the application in total. The lady in the centre took one glance at one page to confirm it was 'gttr' official and that was that.

Don't forget two forms of ID! A signed debit/credit card counts as one. I didn't realise you had to have two for sure. I had my passport but my daft bank card isn't signed, so I almost wasn't allowed to take the tests. Managed to pull out my railcard from the depths of my bag, which she accepted. Obviously if you're a driver it's an easy answer though.
    well done on passing!! thank you for this its really helpful. I forgot about the forms of ID.

ReputationRep:

Is yours secondary?

Im
    Yes I'm Secondary RE but there was a mix of all different secondary subject applicants - I guess they just do secondary today and primary tomorrow
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!!
    Yes I'm Secondary RE but there was a mix of all different secondary subject applicants - I guess they just do secondary today and primary tomorrow
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, has anyone applied for Bristol University, have so much to prepare for the interview!! Portfolio on school experience, skills audit and an essay. Also has anyone got any specific information on the structure of the day, it said on one letter there would be more info but couldn't find it anywhere :-s
    Also applied for 2 schools direct places but haven't heard anything yet, only applied last Thursday though so think it could be a bit longer until I hear.
    Also have the skills test next week feeling nervous about the mental maths and spelling!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrea199)
    Good luck for tomorrow, let me know how it goes I now have one at St Marys for next week the day after my Roehampton one and I have my skills tests on Sat, busy busy busy!
    Ohh thankyou! and good luck to you next week sounds like you have lots of stuff to cram in for hectic!!

ReputationRep:

Is yours secondary?

Im
    Jo_Marie when you say interview pack you mean the long email right? There were no attachments I should know about?? Because for the the data info etc I just printed the email of and filled it in like that!

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, sorry don't mean to panic, I just refer to it as pack for the nine or so pages it has!! Lol that and the lady on phone referred to it as the pack. It was just everything that was under the main body of email. Don't worry I've not got anything you haven't!!

Dont forget your photos, i nearly forgot to pack them!

(Original post by cutebat)
    Jo_Marie when you say interview pack you mean the long email right? There were no attachments I should know about?? Because for the the data info etc I just printed the email of and filled it in like that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r275)
    Most of the Goldsmiths interviews (for all subjects) are this week and next, with a few scattered dates in January. I've got mine (for primary) today! I would definitely send it off - much better that you get it in before the interview days fill up (even if you are a little underprepared) than miss out! Send it!
    We were at the same interview then (if you were 12.45 onwards?) :-)
    I feel the maths might have hurt me a bit but they did a really great job of relaxing everyone and trying to make us breath.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bfc92)
    Has anyone heard back from the University of Birmingham for Primary? I submitted my application 2 weeks ago and still nothing
    Literally the only one of my choices that I haven't heard from, and its my first choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esmeralda4)
    I was under the impression that the 40 days was given for the unis to reply to your application, not necessarily interview within.
    It is 40 working days, and during that time they need to offer you an interview, carry out the interview and either accept you or decline you for a place. Hope that helps x

ReputationRep:
    As soon I posted that, I remember We had already spoken about this lol

Educational issues is tricky one isn't it, I half wonder whether I know enough, and yet of what I do know, I've been remembering names of people who have spoke about it or given opinions... I think I run the risk of over preparing so come 8 this evening, I'm not going to look at anything else. Tomorrow I'll do a quick read through of my notes, and go..... If St Marys won't have me, I'm sure someone will!!!? I JUST REALLY WANT IT!!

Lol, best of luck for next week, I would have been at the Monday one for Roehampton but it clashed! I'm glad for the time in between so I can practice delivery of my object, which I finished making last night!!

X
    That is how I feel, I feel like I really need to know what I am on about because obviously they will know the ins and outs of it! Ye I wouldn't over do it. Good luck for tomorrow I am sure you will be fine Let me know how it goes!

Your object sounds very intriguing

x

ReputationRep:
    So happy, I got 2 interviews come through today by email within half an hour of each other! Notts Trent is on Monday, which I feel totally unprepared for, maths test, group presentation, arghhhh. But I have my Birmingham City University on the 8th of Jan, thank god, I have loads of time to prepare, just worried cause we have a skills audit test, and it says it will cover ALL of the National Curriculum. We are talking about Maths, Science, English, art, music, re, pe and history.

Stupidly nervous, but stupidly excited I'm also waiting on University of Birmingham to hopefully get back to me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madl24903)
    Had my Cambridge interview today, so exhausted!
    Well Done how was the one-to-one interview?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.