Turn on thread page Beta

The Liverpool FC Thread XII watch

Announcements
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    Just have a funny feeling you lot will slip up against West Brom and Hull.

Seriously if you lot fail to beat West Brom next week, it's very worrying. Liverpool always roll Everton over at Anfield but it didnt happen. Its far to early to say it, but this might mirror the 09/10 season. Liverpool finish runners up the previous season and then **** up the next.
    I've been saying that this is like the 09/10 season since pre-season. Frustrating times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    12 points on paper. In reality we'll end up getting about five.
    Yea I agree. Don't forget we have some tough CL games mixed in there.

(Original post by Lúcio)
    we've been lucky - on another year we would already be 6+ points down.
    never seen a worse start from us in terms of performances, so it's pretty hilarious how we're still in contention with everybody except chelsea who are 9 points ahead of us after 6 games (lol).

can't see arsenal getting anything from chelsea, not at the bridge.
    city will have no problems especially since villa's home form is generally poor.
    united's first test against a top 6 team - i think they'll win but that means everton would drop points which is a plus.
    soton will give spurs a good go too, even if it's at WHL.

every rival team except for city is playing a game where it wouldn't be a shock for them to drop points.
    we're playing west brom at anfield, if we can't get a win from that then we may as well just give up...

feeling positive about the weekend though; likely to have sturridge back and it's a relatively nice game too.
    i don't think we'll be more than a point adrift of united/arsenal by the end of the gameweek which would be a nice boost for morale.
    we just need a win to finally get things going.
    comfortable 3 goal margin with balotelli getting off the mark would be excellent.
    I don't think we're going to get anywhere near Man City or Chelsea tbh.

Man Utd will get battered over their next 6 games. Will be delicious. I think we'll be stronger in the 2nd half of the season so as long as we can keep in touch for GW20, I'll be okay.

Sturridge better not get injured for England in October.. Rodgers should tell him not to go tbfh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Yea I agree. Don't forget we have some tough CL games mixed in there.

I don't think we're going to get anywhere near Man City or Chelsea tbh.

Man Utd will get battered over their next 6 games. Will be delicious. I think we'll be stronger in the 2nd half of the season so as long as we can keep in touch for GW20, I'll be okay.

Sturridge better not get injured for England in October.. Rodgers should tell him not to go tbfh.
    don't get downhearted guys!
    we'll have sturridge back; if we still can't win it's time to panic, but for now let's just have hope!

nah, city have had a "meh" start but they've also not had easy fixtures either.
    chelsea have started exactly as expected - both are a good few levels above us.
    we just gotta hope that we pick it up before man united get in to their stride because they will at some point.
    you literally can't have such quality and be poor for an entire system.

their ideal starting XI is the 3rd best in the league on paper - even their defence isn't bad when their best are fit.

ReputationRep:
    tbh you've missed your chance to win the title, you're already out of the race. Main thing was to keep in touching distance(aka what City have done) and then trying to win the head to head fixtures.

United well they're screwed. Chelsea will probably park bus and get a draw or 1-0 win, Everton I think will win, Martinez teams tend to defy logic so I'm pointing to an Everton win. Liverpool I think will draw or lose though to United. They have the better first 11 and your play isn't as cohesive as it was last season. Arsenal I think will win, they're due a win in a big game for some time and Spurs will draw. That's a maximum of 5 points out of 18, they will lose to City for sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    tbh you've missed your chance to win the title, you're already out of the race. Main thing was to keep in touching distance(aka what City have done) and then trying to win the head to head fixtures.

United well they're screwed. Chelsea will probably park bus and get a draw or 1-0 win, Everton I think will win, Martinez teams tend to defy logic so I'm pointing to an Everton win. Liverpool I think will draw or lose though to United. They have the better first 11 and your play isn't as cohesive as it was last season. Arsenal I think will win, they're due a win in a big game for some time and Spurs will draw. That's a maximum of 5 points out of 18, they will lose to City for sure.
    We were never going to win the PL this season anyway, last season was the closest we got to winning the PL and that won't happen anytime soon since SAS was something else altogether. The main aim is to get top 4 this season and make sure we keep securing a CL place for the next few years and slowly add more quality into our team until we are ready to challenge for the title.

The Liverpool v United game is all the way in mid December so there is still time for our team to become more cohesive and players to start showing their best i.e. Lallana, Markovic, Coutinho and Balotelli. It's the same for United too, their team by then could be playing very well and gelling nicely or they might not still get into their stride. But since we play at OT it'll be a tough game for Liverpool so I agree with you that it'll be a draw or even a loss.

ReputationRep:

I think you were the only one talking about Liverpool being title contenders

I would've taken 3rd/4th at the start of the season and I'd still take it now. Rodgers has put in too many new players at once - Lovren, Moreno, Manquillo, Lallana, Markovic, Balotelli. That's more than half the team who don't know each other so it was always going to disrupt our play. Sturridge being injured and Flanagan probably meant two more newcomers than expected are playing.

ReputationRep:
    Lol so true, Jam was the only one talking about challenging for the title

ReputationRep:
    Sugs dupes was.

Said if they got Falcao Liverpool would have the title...

Then his dupe said that Falcao would be a massive flop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    I think you were the only one talking about Liverpool being title contenders

I would've taken 3rd/4th at the start of the season and I'd still take it now. Rodgers has put in too many new players at once - Lovren, Moreno, Manquillo, Lallana, Markovic, Balotelli. That's more than half the team who don't know each other so it was always going to disrupt our play. Sturridge being injured and Flanagan probably meant two more newcomers than expected are playing.
    Tbf we've only been using the new players all at once out of neccesity due to injuries. If everyone was fit, only Moreno, Lovren and either Lallana or Balotelli depending on formation would be starting straight off. The others would be getting the odd start through rotation but wouldn't be regulars yet
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Sakho and Sturridge not in the squad for the Basel game. Different reasons of course.

ReputationRep:
    Dunno what Jam is on about, he was the only one peddling that, and anyone saying 'If this and if that' etc is hardly saying it will happen.

And the player in question, playing for Liverpool would have been different to playing for United. AND that was before I read up on his injury history and prognosis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by be so Dr Evil)
    Dunno what Jam is on about, he was the only one peddling that, and anyone saying 'If this and if that' etc is hardly saying it will happen.

And the player in question, playing for Liverpool would have been different to playing for United. AND that was before I read up on his injury history and prognosis.
    So basically you didn't read up on him enough and you're trying to cover your initial lack of knowledge of Falcrap?

It's still possible to win the title as you've gone past most of your hard fixtures(bar Chelsea, United and Arsenal) and played quite a few of the top half of the table but I think it's gone now. Should still make third though. Spurs I have no idea on how they'll do but would like to see them come 4th in expense of Arse... na who am I kidding.

ReputationRep:
    So basically you didn't read up on him enough and you're trying to cover your initial lack of knowledge of Falcrap?

It's still possible to win the title as you've gone past most of your hard fixtures(bar Chelsea, United and Arsenal) and played quite a few of the top half of the table but I think it's gone now. Should still make third though. Spurs I have no idea on how they'll do but would like to see them come 4th in expense of Arse... na who am I kidding.
    lol...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by be so Dr Evil)
    lol...
    Oh sorry i mean strange fruittt. Got you mixed up with some fagghit

ReputationRep:
    It's not really that funny jam, your point against me doesn't stack up and your whole 'Liverpool should win the league' bull is just tiresome

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I quit the liverpool could win the league stance when Chelsea bought Remy. I think you'll go HAM 2nd half of season but if Chelsea get a 10 point lead early it's all over.
    United really should be in 1st place currently though with the money they've spent and the fixture list they've had tho.

ReputationRep:
    On multiple occasions it was Liverpool 'should' and 'have the best chance' etc

ReputationRep:
    As in Liverpool had the best chance to win it this year. Not that they are going to or that they should? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    No, you said Liverpool should/are joint favourites etc, pretty self explanatory lol. anyways cba

Sakho's LFC career is in question now, ****s sake.

I think it's ****ing retarded how Rodgers didn't buy an RCB in the summer.

ReputationRep:
    You have Lovren, Sakho, Skrtel and Toure. Toure is a decent enough 4th choice CB, Skrtel is a decent backup CB. Sakho well tbh he's dodgy, gives his players dodgy passes, poor control of the ball and gets caught high up the pitch because he tries to go in for every single challenge. Lovren has played at RCB and Skrtel plays there at the very worst.

He's a physical presence, good at tackling but his positioning can be left suspect, same with David Luiz. Add to that he has a snail in Gerrard to cover, the fullbacks are usually high up the pitch and that Lovren also likes to be aggressive for balls it's a clear recipe for disaster.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.