Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    A*A*A*A and my place is confirmed. Full UMS in English and Maths was the icing on the cake. Can't wait for October

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomfailinghelp)
    Hey guys! I got 3 A*s (with higher UMS than last year 😏), and so my offer is confirmed. I guess I'll be seeing everyone there in October.
    (Original post by Jasey)
    A*A*A*A* wooooooo
    Congratulations gentlemen, you deserve it

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! I got 3 A*s (with higher UMS than last year 😏), and so my offer is confirmed. I guess I'll be seeing everyone there in October.

Well done bro!!

(Original post by paradoxicalme)
    A*A*A*A and my place is confirmed. Full UMS in English and Maths was the icing on the cake. Can't wait for October
    Congrats! I managed to get full marks in OCR english too!! So shocked after viewing the horror that are those grade boundaries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)
    Congratulations gentlemen, you deserve it
    (Original post by Jasey)
    Well done bro!!

Congrats! I managed to get full marks in OCR english too!! So shocked after viewing the horror that are those grade boundaries.
    Thanks boys - well done, you two deserved it!

(Original post by paradoxicalme)
    Well done!

Well done!

Well done to everyone! Congratulations - much love!

ReputationRep:
    Lmao feeling inferior already

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasey)
    Congratulations! I am still absolutely in shock about that, I didn't do brilliantly at AS so to see 200/200 at A2 blew my mind. Grade boundaries are awful this year. Also thank god for low psych boundaries, it would appear I only got 43/60 raw marks in one of my psych units but that was still an A*! RS boundaries did us all in - nobody got an A* in my group.

ReputationRep:
    I beat my 1 hunna record ...ima miss UMS :/
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Lucilou101)
    That's pretty tough

Hope it all goes well for you and your son!
    Thanks.

Fingers are crossed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Thanks.

Fingers are crossed.
    Oh yes, good luck to your son. They will let him in hopefully, its only a few UMS!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    PRSOM!!!!

And now that Apple Discount is legal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucilou101)
    x
    I called the porters office after giving up with the admissions office. They informed me that the admissions office is closed as they're "desperately trying to deal with people such as your[my]self"...

Durham is still busy. No one is replying to emails. I'm this close to ripping my hair out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Navo D.)
    Hahaha, did they ask you to pose?

Nicely done! 5A*s 1B (got an E in my English coursework RIP)
    Wait, 5 A*s at A level? :eek:

Gratz to everyone, hopefully I'll be posting something similar in 2 years time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILovePancakes)
    I called the porters office after giving up with the admissions office. They informed me that the admissions office is closed as they're "desperately trying to deal with people such as your[my]self"...

Durham is still busy. No one is replying to emails. I'm this close to ripping my hair out.
    Surely closing the admissions office doesn't help? I guess they're responding via email then.

Best of luck - try and remain calm, take your mind off it for a bit if possible eat some ice-cream etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    I beat my 1 hunna record ...ima miss UMS :/
    Hahah, I was thinking this. It is gonna be depressing to not get those pretty numbers anymore.

PRSOM!!!!

And now that Apple Discount is legal
    Lmao! I'm still waiting for the bailiffs to turn up.

Hope your son meets with some good news dude!

ReputationRep:
    Met the conditions of my offer, after all that waiting and uncertainty. Really looking forward to going to the uni and meeting everyone, just over 6 weeks left! :eek:. Still pinching myself, can't believe I'm actually going to be a Cambridge student!

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm an AS student and I just got my results and disappointed. Just wanted some advice and honest opinions do you think I could still apply with....
    Biology 83%
    Chemistry 79%
    Geography 95%
    Mathematics 74%
    I want to be a Bio Nat Sci and no mean comments please!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StudentSG)
    Hey I'm an AS student and I just got my results and disappointed. Just wanted some advice and honest opinions do you think I could still apply with....
    Biology 83%
    Chemistry 79%
    Geography 95%
    Mathematics 74%
    Hmmmm...

Was Maths dragged down by one module? What were the individual modules?

I don't think you'd receive an interview as it stands as raw averages unfortunately.

If you applied for a humanity, your changes would improve, but obviously I'm not recommending you do that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Somethings wrong i sense. They dont just reject people with 1's (warwick). Ill ring them up and if imperials a no goer then im off education. Still happy i got grade 1s in step papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    OMG NO!! How did this happen?! So sad. I was hoping to meet you at Warwick.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Son got A*A*A and 1 in STEP I. But A was in Physics and needed to be A*. Physics was 549/600...

Now waiting to hear from Christ's....

Gah.
    He got in! Christ's just called him and confirmed.
    :party::party::party:

He's delighted!

Thanks Lucilou101 physicsmaths tomfailinghelp EHZ17 BBeyond Elcor Duskstar Rhetorical Hips bored565 TVIO Mini-Me and everyone else for the support this morning...

You guys rock.

And congratulations and commisserations to everyone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StudentSG)
    Biology 83%
    Chemistry 79%
    Geography 95%
    Mathematics 74%
    AABB is good (don't lose sight of that, they're really good grades) but you'd be struggling for Cambridge, since they're so hot on UMS and your three most relevant subjects (which are what they include as your UMS average) average out to a B. My advice would be to work like hell in A2, apply to some good places (you could get places at a lot of great unis with good predicted and those ASes) and then, if you get the grades for cambridge, reapply in a gap year. That way, if you end up with A*A*A or better you're in a good position to apply, and if not you're going somewhere great anyway.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.