The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ThatPerson2
It would be radians because you used calculus to get it - degrees and calculus don't mix;

http://math.stackexchange.com/questions/720924/why-do-we-require-radians-in-calculus

phew! I thought that was the norm so that's why I used it.

So... my answer is right then...?? (Come on arsey my man...)
Original post by wrfrew
guys is this spam or an actual thing?

Proper fing, mate
Reply 3282
can i get an a overall with 2 mid level a's in C3 and S1 and a very high b here?
Reply 3283
Original post by 11234
Help!!

How many marks would I lose for putting 32In2^2 + 32In2 -12 instead of 32In2^2 - 32In 2 +12

help!! Pls
Reply 3284
Original post by 11234
Help!!

How many marks would I lose for putting 32In2^2 + 32In2 -12 instead of 32In2^2 - 32In 2 +12

a lot
Original post by Joseph.S
Hmm. Annoying if you're correct. I plugged in my value again and 27.1 is correct. 0.46 wouldn't sound right if they wanted it years. I guess we'll wait for Arsey.

27.1 when you use degrees
0.473 when you use radians
Original post by Randomz96
Hi people could someone answer this since I need an a* in maths for uni..... Basically up to the last question I dropped 4 marks then on 8b I differentiated 3^2x and stuck in the correct limits and did the rest correct but I'm thinking this is a big maths error, how many marks will I loose , the qu was out of 6. Thanks

someone answer this please!
Reply 3287
Original post by ThatPerson2
It would be radians because you used calculus to get it - degrees and calculus don't mix;

http://math.stackexchange.com/questions/720924/why-do-we-require-radians-in-calculus

That is not technically correct; as long as you carry the π/180, it is possible to use degrees.
Has arsey posted the answers yet? Can someone please post a link if he has I can't seem to find it
got around 64, damn, here's hoping the boundaries are nice
Original post by sahlean
it doesn't say anything about using degrees?

MY HEAD IS SPINNING RIGHT NOW

I saw one guy on about using degrees and getting 27.1 years, which made me doubt my own and then think well 0.4 is a weird answer.. now people are making me think I'm right again.

*fingers crossed come on arsey*
Original post by DomRauba
someone answer this please!

Did you use pi, and substract the volume of the cone?
Original post by Joseph.S
Hmm. Annoying if you're correct. I plugged in my value again and 27.1 is correct. 0.46 wouldn't sound right if they wanted it years. I guess we'll wait for Arsey.

I wrote both down just in case (checked them with the equation and both work). But he's right, calculus with trig ALWAYS uses radians (unless specifically stated), though apparently in past papers they have accepted both as an answer. You'd only lose up to one mark for using degrees.
Original post by pepperonipizza
Has arsey posted the answers yet? Can someone please post a link if he has I can't seem to find it

nope he hasn't been online yet :0
Reply 3294
Original post by xKay
a lot

How many it was only a 3 marker
Original post by thatNoseyParker

I saw one guy on about using degrees and getting 27.1 years, which made me doubt my own and then think well 0.4 is a weird answer.. now people are making me think I'm right again.

If you use calculus then the angle has to be in radians so dw your answer is correct
Am I the only one who found C3 so much easier than C4?
Reply 3297
Original post by Randomz96
Hi people could someone answer this since I need an a* in maths for uni..... Basically up to the last question I dropped 4 marks then on 8b I differentiated 3^2x and stuck in the correct limits and did the rest correct but I'm thinking this is a big maths error, how many marks will I loose , the qu was out of 6. Thanks

As long as the volume of the cone was correct, and the coordinate of Q was correct, meaning that everything else was correct, I assume that you could lose maximum three marks. I believe that 68 will still be an A*.
Reply 3298
Original post by lemon8
can i get an a overall with 2 mid level a's in C3 and S1 and a very high b here?

anyone?
Original post by thatNoseyParker

Yehhhhh, i got 27.1 too. Apparently, you have to work in radians but i dont think they specified which mode to work in, so they may allow both answers, i dunno. When working in degrees, it seemed right, and radians seemed sooo weird and unrealistic in terms of the context of the question

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending