Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethygirl)
    The personality type question shouldn't have referred to the HPA system, because HPA system isn't directly linked to personality types and it said to refer to research in the answer, although you could still pick up 1 or 2 marks. It was getting at direct studies for personality types, for example I put about Friedman and Rosenan who investigated the link between type A personalities and coronary heart disease.
    Oh that's good as I wrote about Freidman and Rosenman as well but think I read on here that you had to refer to HPA and worried about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eleanor303)
    I can't remember the exact details but it was something along those lines. You might get lucky and pick up a few marks, particularly because I've heard quite a lot of people have made similar mistakes. You may also find that a few evaluative points that you wrote about can still pick you up some marks. However, there is always the possibility that you don't get any of these marks! Hope for the best though
    yeah hopefully
    but even if I lost all 12 marks I think it might be possible for me to get an A only if the grade boundaries are no higher than 112 in total- I think I got at least 46 in the second paper and 66 in the first paper
    praying for low grade boundaries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fmb2970)
    Hey thanks for your response!
    Well i've put the lack of control..and the workload.. but those were based on the findings from the research of Johansson.. So its like referring to it? Im not sure.. But because its a context question.. I have referred the context with the findings from the research (which is the fact that workload and lack of control affects stress) .. Do you think thats like referring to it even though the name of the researcher or how it was conducted wasnt included? Coz its only a 4 marker and i thought that it would be too much if i included it.. Since i thought that theyd give 2 marks for each point (ie workload and lack of control) and an elaboration in context.
    I guess mentioning workload and control gives u a mark definitely. But I personally think, and I think most people would agree (as they've done the same) that you definitely needed to mention a research in there to back it up :/ for example: Richard was stressed because of high workload. Research by johannson et al on Swedish saw mill workers found that since they were working in a high risk environment (high workload), they had higher levels of adrenaline in their urine and found that they had a higher amount of stress hormones during workdays compared to the rest days .-. Something like that.

Because if you look at the mark schemes on similar questions for past papers on this, it deffo includes research and researchers... But I dunno .-. It's over now lol I guess we have to wait til results day 😭😭😭😭 and focus on our next exams😨🔫

ReputationRep:
    My teacher said they started marking a few Unit 1 questions yesterday,didn't expect it to be done this quickly!!
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnight1811)
    My teacher said they started marking a few Unit 1 questions yesterday,didn't expect it to be done this quickly!!
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    that sounded really scaryy .. so nervous xD !!

ReputationRep:
    Is there an unofficial mark scheme anywhere???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloenew23)
    any unoffical mark schemes?
    Let me know if you've found one!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Those who don't feel like they did very well, if you take psychology next year I suggest you resit this exam if you can. I'm taking A2 and a lot of stuff overlaps such as the biological treatments such as ECT, CBT, Classical/ Operant and Social learning.
    I feel like I've gotten a high B if not A and there was such less stress for it, it's not the end of the world if you don't do as well.
    Also getting a high AS score will really help for A2 as there's so much more to cover and it makes you want to pull your hair out haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollev27)
    That's exactly what I did, I started writing about biofeedback and then realised!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just saw this now, and wow least im not the only one, did u have time to change it?

ReputationRep:
    Aqa certainly blessed us this year lets be honest🙌🙌🙌

ReputationRep:
    I'm so glad psychology is out the way...

Guyss...its over
    there is no point discussing answers bcoz we cant really get the paper back to change them.
    i just hope ive done well

Good luck to you all...hope you get ur desired grades.

ReputationRep:
    have you tried Googling it. im sure someone must have post it. check to see on twitter.
    (Original post by tay22)
    Is there an unofficial mark scheme anywhere???

Posted from TSR Mobile

hi
    for the 4 marker on methods to deal with stress i was short for time so just wrote cbt is a method of coping with stress- will this get me one mark?
    for the janet stem question i wrote about her having high responsibility for organising stuff and mentioned johansson study- would this get me marks?
    for the 12 marker i wrote 2 pages, 1 page on ao1 briefly describing ect then for ao2 evaluating it on the next page- would this get more than 6 marks of credit?
    Did everyone else put that Kieran had an inter locus so was more confident and belived in himself more meaning he was more likely to resist pressure to conform.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jake1998hut)
    hi
    for the 4 marker on methods to deal with stress i was short for time so just wrote cbt is a method of coping with stress- will this get me one mark?
    for the janet stem question i wrote about her having high responsibility for organising stuff and mentioned johansson study- would this get me marks?
    for the 12 marker i wrote 2 pages, 1 page on ao1 briefly describing ect then for ao2 evaluating it on the next page- would this get more than 6 marks of credit?
    Did everyone else put that Kieran had an inter locus so was more confident and belived in himself more meaning he was more likely to resist pressure to conform.
    Thanks
    1. You can write about CBT as long as it is linked to stress but SIT is better
    2. Johanson is good to mention I did this to as long as you outlined the study and linked it to the STEM eg experimental group had less control so more stress and adrenaline in urine etc
    3. As long as you outline ECT and drug therapy like anti deoressents and anti psychtice you'll be fine eg ECT unilateral/bilateral given anaesthetic, 3 times for 5 weeks etc
    For ao2 I wrote ect weakness due to memory impairment/ sham ECT is also effective
    Strength - last resort when all other therapy fails, prevents risk of suicide etc

Strength - drug therapy - fast acting, accessible, easy to administer
    Weakness - overdependence, only symptoms not cause

4. Yes Kieran had internal locus of control - more confident saying they trained hard so go football, less need for approval unike the other one and less likely to blame luck/fate unlike the other one etc plus research by Crutchfield

You apeear to have written aboout the right things in these qu's so as long as you found the rest alright you've done well so don't worry

ReputationRep:
    Guys I'm really worried, about this. I reckon I got like 53 on paper 1 but what if the boundary go to high? Could it go above 53 on paper 1 for a B? I'm nervous....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunDun111)
    Guys I'm really worried, about this. I reckon I got like 53 on paper 1 but what if the boundary go to high? Could it go above 53 on paper 1 for a B? I'm nervous....
    If this happens the whole exam system is a complete joke and AQA are pathetic anyway if you do biology you'll be even more furious. I think though 53 should be a B grade and no higher than 57 for an A but I strangely found unit 2 easier.

ReputationRep:
    The questions are on pages 76 for unit 1 and 144 for unit 2 if anyone wants to check

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iodo345)
    The questions are on pages 76 for unit 1 and 144 for unit 2 if anyone wants to check
    I don't know why but I've started getting really nervous for this now. For the 12 marker on bowlbys theory instead of putting evidence coming against it comes from Schaffer and Emerson, I put one disadvantage comes from Schaffer and Emerson? Will this mean it will be disregarded....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iodo345)
    If this happens the whole exam system is a complete joke and AQA are pathetic anyway if you do biology you'll be even more furious. I think though 53 should be a B grade and no higher than 57 for an A but I strangely found unit 2 easier.
    What do you think will be the grade boundaries then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnight1811)
    What do you think will be the grade boundaries then?
    54-58 for an A unit 1

50-54 For an A unit 2

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.