The Old Boredom Thread... Watch

M j R
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by Mithun)
So are you a pro?

He played a bit for the magics right? I don't remember him much but I used to follow NBA quite closely a few years back, lost track of it since joining Uni.
Was his best years at Orlando Magic, he also played for Manchester Magic for a half season before getting into his Amaechi Foundation, whereby he's putting his own money into building basketball centres, I think in Leeds and somewhere else last time I over heard him mention it, wasn't meant to hear anything then he realised I was actually listening not listening to music like he thought I was and took it out the offfice and outside. I work for Manchester Magic (Amaechi Basketball Centre) I'll be there at Christmas. I don't play anymore but I used to be good I could probably play once I've had my foot operation and make it pro in the uk.
Mithun
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by M j R)
Was his best years at Orlando Magic, he also played for Manchester Magic for a half season before getting into his Amaechi Foundation, whereby he's putting his own money into building basketball centres, I think in Leeds and somewhere else last time I over heard him mention it, wasn't meant to hear anything then he realised I was actually listening not listening to music like he thought I was and took it out the offfice and outside. I work for Manchester Magic (Amaechi Basketball Centre) I'll be there at Christmas. I don't play anymore but I used to be good I could probably play once I've had my foot operation and make it pro in the uk.
Eavesdropper

He will have to spend a lot if he is to make Basketball popular over here,it doesn't seem to be that big at the moment.

What's wrong with your foot?

You must be pretty tall then eh.
M j R
Rep:
?
*turns music off just incase it is too loud*

I did say not to get me going as I can go on and on and on about basketball, which I have done so many times. It's my fav sport I just love it, I've supports Manchester Magic from day 1, which is why I have the respect of all the staff down at the centre and why I get asked to work there every now and then. I'm thinking of asking for the first life membership...just to be cheeky.
M j R
Rep:
?
Eavesdropper

He will have to spend a lot if he is to make Basketball popular over here,it doesn't seem to be that big at the moment.

What's wrong with your foot?

You must be pretty tall then eh.
I'm 6ft, my big toes need to be straightend, as my balance is affect by them not being in the right place. On his website he has a video which was filmed partly at the commonwealth games, and in a BBC interview he begs for funding because the people who give founding wanted them to get their act together which he states they have so if pistol shooting and curling can have funding why can't basketball, his plan was mentioned on BBC news (24?) how he plays to make a centre in Plymouth which I don't think is going ahead from what I heard. It wasn't so much eavesdropping more in the right place at the right time.

See what I mean I can go off on one about it.
Mithun
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by M j R)
I'm 6ft, my big toes need to be straightend, as my balance is affect by them not being in the right place. On his website he has a video which was filmed partly at the commonwealth games, and in a BBC interview he begs for funding because the people who give founding wanted them to get their act together which he states they have so if pistol shooting and curling can have funding why can't basketball, his plan was mentioned on BBC news (24?) how he plays to make a centre in Plymouth which I don't think is going ahead from what I heard. It wasn't so much eavesdropping more in the right place at the right time.

See what I mean I can go off on one about it.
To get the funding he needs to get people interested in the sport because Basketball is way behind the likes of Football, Cricket and Rugby and until that changes I doubt many people would be interested in investing. Its going to be a very tough task.

I don't mind you going on and on as I tend to do that when it comes to sports but we might end up annoying the ladies.
Laura Lou
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
:rolleyes:

:aetsch: just kidding
Laura Lou
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm going to bed now guys

See ya :ciao:

:hugs:
Mithun
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Laura Lou)
:rolleyes:

:aetsch: just kidding
It's not my fault, blame MjR :p:

Have a good Night Laura :hugs:
M j R
Rep:
?
To get the funding he needs to get people interested in the sport because Basketball is way behind the likes of Football, Cricket and Rugby and until that changes I doubt many people would be interested in investing. Its going to be a very tough task.

I don't mind you going on and on as I tend to do that when it comes to sports but we might end up annoying the ladies.
There's intest in basketball, I've been told the statistics...In terms of professional sport it's miles behind but if I get any more bored of uni I might drop out and help the cause. The Amaechi Basketball Centre has reduce local crime rates by taking the chavs off the street and onto the courts which is one good thing, I believe 10,000 kids walk through the doors of the centre every week.

Amaechi's idea is to proved an affordable place to play basketball and to help reduce game rates etc etc in the local area.

I was hoping my mate Andrew Lovedale would be getting more court time than he is right now at Davidson NCAA div1 College, as he is one person I've said will make it to the NBA and I believe he will, and I want him to.
M j R
Rep:
?
(Original post by Laura Lou)
I'm going to bed now guys

See ya :ciao:

:hugs:
Night night Laura :ciao:

In future if someone mentions basketball you'll know to shut me up before I get started on it.
Mithun
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by M j R)
There's intest in basketball, I've been told the statistics...In terms of professional sport it's miles behind but if I get any more bored of uni I might drop out and help the cause. The Amaechi Basketball Centre has reduce local crime rates by taking the chavs off the street and onto the courts which is one good thing, I believe 10,000 kids walk through the doors of the centre every week.

Amaechi's idea is to proved an affordable place to play basketball and to help reduce game rates etc etc in the local area.

I was hoping my mate Andrew Lovedale would be getting more court time than he is right now at Davidson NCAA div1 College, as he is one person I've said will make it to the NBA and I believe he will, and I want him to.
Getting the chavs in, now thats a good idea. His idea seems pretty good and as long as the coaches are good should be able to do wonders for the sport.

So you don't have any plans of getting into NBA?
Mithun
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Anyway I'm off to bed MjR

Good Night :ciao:
M j R
Rep:
?
Getting the chavs in, now thats a good idea. His idea seems pretty good and as long as the coaches are good should be able to do wonders for the sport.

So you don't have any plans of getting into NBA?
Those plans never really got off the ground, although my mate Andrew has a good chance of making it.

There are some good coaches out there, need more of them ofcourse but it's possible to teach some more up whilst the places are being built, what is needed is some form of management, which Amaechi will ensure that the centres are run as he wants them to. We are hoping to make the 2012 games, with Luol Deng now with Bristish passport and the possibility of some European playing players making it into the squad we are in with a chance. A slim one but where there's a will there's a way.
M j R
Rep:
?
Anyway I'm off to bed MjR

Good Night :ciao:
Night :ciao:
Hullabaloo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
;reindeer;
Bluefairy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
hello!
Zoob
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
howdy peeps! :wavey: :hugs:

#excited# woo sis here finally.. tho the airport was a nightmare! it got delayed for aggges..damn new security measures..:hmpf: the plane actually arrived 30mins early lol. ahh well..i wont bore u with details of my day at Heathrow..

hows everyone doin'?
Bluefairy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I got a briefing document to write.
samba
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
'sup guys?
Zoob
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by .S.O.S.)
I got a briefing document to write.
;console; :hugs:

sup samba...im good
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (212)
39.41%
No - but I will (38)
7.06%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.69%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (252)
46.84%

Watched Threads