Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone please answer my question -For 6 marks log question, I miss copied the question I wrote log2^y instead of 2log2^y. So this make my answer wrong but my method is correct. How many mark would I lose?Thanks for your kindness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ser Alex Toyne)
    Are you just saying that? Do you remember what you got in each module?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, I honestly thought I got a D or worse, considering I missed a couple of questions(not full marks but like part b), but I actually ended getting close to an A, when I got my paper remarked they actually took a mark down.

I got an A in C1 with 85+ UMS, B in C2 with around 75 and B in S1 with 77.

I made the mistake thinking I could relax, because I found it relatively easy throughout the year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenjjj)
    Could someone please help with this question ...

I dont understand why the (1-r^n) in the sum formula has been changed to (r^n-1) in the mark scheme? Why is this?
    Sorry the reply is after the exam but it says r>1 therefore it cant be 1-r^n

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone please answer my question -For 6 marks log question, I miss copied the question I wrote log2^y instead of 2log2^y. So this make my answer wrong but my method is correct. How many mark would I lose?Thanks for your kindness

ReputationRep:
    What is the UMs required for an A?
    What ums would you think 59 in c1 and 62 in c2 could give me?
    Any replies are appreciated!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    From past papers I was getting mid 50s consistently but in today's C2 paper I think I got 39/75. I'm just shocked at how difficult I found the paper. Hopefully I can rescue a decent grade with my Decisons 1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by finnigan1)
    You can download an edexcel ums converter of the edexcel website , and compare your acore tobprevious years

ReputationRep:
    For the factorisation , wont it also work for 3x-12 and x + 4 as well as 3x+12 x-4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lfcrules)
    You can download an edexcel ums converter of the edexcel website , and compare your acore tobprevious years
    Ah sweet I'll do that, thanks

ReputationRep:
    59 in C1 High B- 78?
    62- A 82

ReputationRep:
    guys in the logs question i completely missed the 1 in my calculation though i did the working and got values for y but they are not correct just because missing 1 how many marks would i get in that question, i was thinking 3 or 4?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ha97)
    guys in the logs question i completely missed the 1 in my calculation though i did the working and got values for y but they are not correct just because missing 1 how many marks would i get in that question, i was thinking 3 or 4?
    Zero lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frozo123)
    59 in C1 High B- 78?
    62- A 82
    Ah thanks for helping, I'm fairly pleased with that but was gutted coming out of c1 cause I wanted to smash it. do you know what the UMS boundary for an A is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lfcrules)
    For the factorisation , wont it also work for 3x-12 and x + 4 as well as 3x+12 x-4
    ye but i think you needed to take the 3 out anyway

ReputationRep:
    Ah thanks for helping, I'm fairly pleased with that but was gutted coming out of c1 cause I wanted to smash it. do you know what the UMS boundary for an A is?
    I'm completing guessing brah don't back me on it
    but you'll roughly get 80ums average so far +-5 what I said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngelaMckenzie)
    Zero lol
    your a rat m8 don't be such a **** to people who got stuff wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RefusedAccess)
    Don't quote me on this, however I believe it is the process of determining the boundary for an A by averaging the the top 20% of marks by students taking the test.

And bear in mind, just because the general consensus on tsr is finding it difficult, this does not mean the boundaries will drop.
    Personally I think for an A will be 61-64 marks, and for 100 ums, 74-75

Let's all put this behind us and focus on s1, or whatever third module you are taking

Good luck for it!
    'Don't quote me on this'

Thank you for the information, I didn't know that. (If you are correct that is)

But I highly doubt that the an A will be 61-64. I did find this paper hard, but I was only able to do it because of my C3-C4 knowledge. I think an A will be 58-61.

Also, there is no point dwelling over this guys, just draw a line under it and do even better in S1. You still have time.

ReputationRep:
    My teacher predicted most of our class A*s although some just scraped an A..
    you could try convincing them?
    I didn't read the k question proper so just left it as k= cos blah blah
    so probably 73/75
    Still, that's awesome! Well done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngelaMckenzie)
    Zero lol
    shouldn't i get method marks?

ReputationRep:
    I'm completing guessing brah don't back me on it
    but you'll roughly get 80ums average so far +-5 what I said
    Yeah I understand, cheers man. I need to bomb stats 1 and hopefully I'll get an A, just wanted to know where I was sitting roughly

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 15, 2017

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.