Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    I don't understand, you're telling me it's physically possible for the realms of human imagination to generate something crapper than the TSR Android app?
    Is the app faster than the website?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Whiggy)
    Yes it is.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    Yes it is.
    Depends what you're using it for and how you're using it
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    https://www.facebook.com/AliensGotMe...8327052773495/
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    I'm increasingly wondering why in 2016 we still don't have electronic voting.
    It's easier, quicker and generally more accessible to the public at large.

I see no reason for maintaining the ballot system we have at the moment. If the Internet is secure enough for banking, surely it's secure enough for online voting.
    I'm a traditionalist and so like our current system. In addition, what about those who don't feel confident using technology? While it may seem easy to us, you risk making many feel disenfranchised because they aren't able to operate technology.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by toronto353)
    I'm a traditionalist and so like our current system. In addition, what about those who don't feel confident using technology? While it may seem easy to us, you risk making many feel disenfranchised because they aren't able to operate technology.
    It would surely be an addition to the current methods of voting than a replacement?
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by EricAteYou)
    It would surely be an addition to the current methods of voting than a replacement?
    I still think that you risk making people feel uncomfortable when the pencil and paper method is universally accessible and avoids all that, but for me, tradition is the big reason.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Which doesn't deal with the fraud issue
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Which doesn't deal with the fraud issue
    It's not perfect yet, but by 2020 or after that it could be a viable option.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by toronto353)
    I still think that you risk making people feel uncomfortable when the pencil and paper method is universally accessible and avoids all that, but for me, tradition is the big reason.
    No fair enough.

Truth be told, I'd rather pen and paper but I wonder if it would help or lower turnout.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    It's not perfect yet, but by 2020 or after that it could be a viable option.
    The question has to be asked how this will be done though?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Depends on your browser and your phone, for me the website is faster using Safari than the app on my Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini. The trouble with the app is there's just so much you can't do - you don't have notifications on the app, you can't rep on the app, you can't see most emojis on the app, it's illogical to get around, you can't see latest discussions or anything. You can't even send mass PMs or set up polls on the app which makes doing my Chair job kind of impossible unless I'm near my computer. It's really bad. They did say a couple of months ago that they're working on a new and improved version though.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    It would start to become a replacement though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Yes it is.
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Depends what you're using it for and how you're using it
    Mainly for the MHoC
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Pretty great song i will admit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Depends on your browser and your phone, for me the website is faster using Safari than the app on my Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini. The trouble with the app is there's just so much you can't do - you don't have notifications on the app, you can't rep on the app, you can't see most emojis on the app, it's illogical to get around, you can't see latest discussions or anything. You can't even send mass PMs or set up polls on the app which makes doing my Chair job kind of impossible unless I'm near my computer. It's really bad. They did say a couple of months ago that they're working on a new and improved version though.
    Hmm, it doesn't sound that useful TBH.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Hmm, it doesn't sound that useful TBH.
    It's alright just to check what's going on, but for anything else stick to your web browser.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    The question has to be asked how this will be done though?
    And I have no idea.

The way I see it is in two routes; one is that you do it at home on your own computer and the other route is you still go to a polling station but you cast your vote from a securer computer there.

Which one is better, more viable and useful? No idea.

ReputationRep:
    It's just another manic Monday...

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.