TSR Fantasy Football League 2008/9 Watch

This discussion is closed.
GYinWL
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by geoff_yin)
But Ronaldo's in shocking form at the moment. So he probably won't pick up more than 3 points against Wigan as well. That gives 2 x 5 = 10 for the two games.

Compare this with an out-of-form Stoke side and with Torres back in the squad, him and Gerrard always play well together, not to mention Gerrard's in hot form (and not in jail for the moment). Just one goal from a captained Gerrard could easily bag you more points than a captained Ronaldo.
:ninja:

Gerrard could still end up getting more points than Ronaldo though...
Ronaldo VII
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I don't see why people expected Liverpool to go there and score loads; Arsenal went there and lost and United got a late 1-0 winner. Captaining Ronaldo when he has had two weeks off and playing twice as many games was an obvious decision.
Colbert
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
They are very slow getting bonuses out today. The Villa game finished, what, over 5 hours ago?

Ample time to sort it out I would have thought.
jermaindefoe
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldo VII)
Captaining Ronaldo when he has had two weeks off and playing twice as many games was an obvious decision.
not if you think utd are going to loose and lampard is going to rack the points up :eek:
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
(Original post by jermaindefoe)
not if you think utd are going to loose and lampard is going to rack the points up :eek:
But there was a better chance of Ronaldo scoring more points against Wigan than Gerrard against Stoke, even before the Chelsea game.
jermaindefoe
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yes that is a fair point
adam_leeds
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
gerrard got 2 bonus
arteta got 3 bonus
Geerththanan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How do these postponed matches' players get affected in the gameweek..? Will they just be replaced by playing players from un-postponed matches..?
Colbert
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The bonuses for the Villa game are a farce, at least Nasri got one to take his tally to 4 points, one of his highest weeks of the season!

26 points from 6 players. Still have VdS (x2), Evra (x2), Cashley, Valencia (x2) and Berbatov (c) (x2).

Should be a decent week.
adam_leeds
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
23 with melchiot (x2), figueroa(x2), ronaldo(c)(x2) , lampard, H.Camara(x2) to play
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
18 with Vidic (x2), Roanldo (c)(x2), Berbatov (x2), Valencia (x2), Cech, Vidic and Bosingwa to play. Not too shabby considering the players that played for me today.
adam_leeds
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Done my transfer for next week out Robbie Keane in Defoe
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Nine points with VDS (x2), Bosingwa, Ferdinand (x2), Ronaldo (c)(x2), Valencia (x2), Zaki (x2) and Anelka to play.

:rolleyes:
jermaindefoe
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
do you think im likely to win my cup round this week?
Attached files
Colbert
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Luckily the people in my H2H and mini-leagues aren't as dedicated as us as they don't seem to have made any effort to get a team focussed towards the double gameweek. The postponed matches from today could throw some fun into a future Gameweek though.

And Adam, definitely a good idea before Keane goes down in value. Now Torres is back I see no reason why Keane should be playing in future considering he was often left on the bench with 3 other strikers on the pitch whilst Torres was away.
The Stig
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Man Utd and Wigan have a double gameweek - You should have put some more of there players, especially as your opponent doesn't have many. It's a very close call, as your teams are quite similar. Except he has Ronaldo captained, so I think it depends on him.
adam_leeds
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yes without a shadow of a doubt
Colbert
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I would say you will win, unless Ronaldo has an absolute stormer against Wigan.
adam_leeds
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Stayed 22nd
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm having a **** gameweek, my squad was stretched and those postoned games have not helped! =\
Should win cup, but will lose H2H (unless Zaki gets a hatrick against Spurs), which is batty cus i'm playing catch up with a retarded leader (Anelka captained... WTF)
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (302)
37.52%
No - but I will (61)
7.58%
No - I don't want to (60)
7.45%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (382)
47.45%

Watched Threads