Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fudgesundae)
    true, although if I get past 40 too often I turn some sliders up. I just love close games on Madden so much.
    Me too its all about the close ones.

I always fiddle around with the sliders, usually at the end of a game I look at the individual stats, completion percentages of both passers and yards per carry of the rushers, I want to try and make it so that the QBs are passing at 55-65% or someone like Brees at 65% plus, and that the RBs are rushing around 4-5 yards per carry. Obviously from game to game you will get variation but I want the average figures to be around that, and I've managed to get sliders to give me realistic games for my ability level.

The only real nuisance I have consistently in terms of trying to get realistic stats over a season is that it is too easy to throw deep passes, and the CPU gets too many deep passes, eg you may have a QB that throws 45% completion but has passed for 300+ yards in a game including 3 TDs because he's hit 3 50+ yarders. I also HATE it when the CPU starts a drive with 20 seconds on the clock before the end of a half because they will just throw deep for four downs and there's a fair chance one of them will stick.

ReputationRep:
    When does the new season start guys?

ReputationRep:
    The 2012 regular season will begin in September

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    Pulling the starters is also so you don't get some angry linebacker on the defense, who's pumped up about 'playing for pride' deciding that if his offense can't score any points then at least he's going to inflict PAIN on somebody, and ends up putting out one of the starters for 6 weeks
    Exactly. That cheap shot by the Broncos player at the end of the game when Brady punted that led to the skirmish is exactly the sorta thing that gets players injured. Just one reason why you need to take your starters out.

My Ravens are looking good so far. Just an absolutely dumb play by Jacoby Jones to try and field that ball. Idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baltimoron)
    My Ravens are looking good so far. Just an absolutely dumb play by Jacoby Jones to try and field that ball. Idiot.
    He couldn't field the second one. Can they not learn catch a ball? Why not spend 6 weeks of their off season learning from Rugby Union full backs?

I don't like the Ravens; but they have a good shot against the Patriots. Don't see the Texans coming from 14 back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baltimoron)
    Exactly. That cheap shot by the Broncos player at the end of the game when Brady punted that led to the skirmish is exactly the sorta thing that gets players injured. Just one reason why you need to take your starters out.
    logical fallacy.

Yep, I can't see the Texans coming back from this tbh, especially with T.J Yates at QB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idris Dragon)
    I don't like the Ravens; but they have a good shot against the Patriots. Don't see the Texans coming from 14 back.

(Original post by fudgesundae)
    Yep, I can't see the Texans coming back from this tbh, especially with T.J Yates at QB.

Well, I must admit that Yates has been good so far. Not sure they are going to win, but they are giving themselves a chance to win this here...

ReputationRep:
    Just wanna say........GO NINERS.
    Bloody brilliant game!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avash27)
    The 2012 regular season will begin in September
    Really? And the Super Bowl is in February isn't it? They have a long break don't they?!

ReputationRep:
    Once again the team that wins the turnover battle wins a playoff game. Great effort by the Texans, as Jeff Reinebold is saying, they are going to be very good going froward. I wonder if someone who doesn't draft the QB they want has a sneaky look at TJ Yates, he's got much more big time experience than Flynn...

ReputationRep:
    Ravens offense was awful today. Thank god for Ladarius Webb, and hopefully Reed is good to go for next week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BraddoCA)
    Just wanna say........GO NINERS.
    Bloody brilliant game!
    Grrrr. Saints fan here. Must say, both teams had some exceptional plays, and you were difinitely the stronger team out there, but if we hadn't have conceded so many turnovers from poor defence, I reckon we would've taken it easily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rural_boy)
    Really? And the Super Bowl is in February isn't it? They have a long break don't they?!
    They do, but there's a few things of interest in between thankfully, free agency period and the draft. Then the players go back for training camp in July and have 4 preseason games in August, so it's a little shorter than that I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    Want the Ravens to beat the Pats, then I'm less bothered about who wins in the NFC. Any of those 4 left before this last game today to win the SB is fine by me. Just not the Pats, but I have a bad feeling about this.

ReputationRep:
    Jheez!

ReputationRep:
    Bad start for the Packers with some drops and lack of ball security but I'm still quietly confident that we'll come
    back in the second half (happened a lot earlier in the year where we made good adjustments after halftime.)

What is really disappointing me is the play of Tramon Williams, as last year he was incredible and many said was as good as woodson but this year he's been average really.

ReputationRep:
    I want the Giants to win this, the thought of a 49ers - Giants NFC Championship matchup just seems more appealing.

ReputationRep:
    Such an awful game by the Packers so far.

ReputationRep:
    Pats-Packers would be a more entertaining Super Bowl, but I want a chance to revenge 18-1 against the Giants.

ReputationRep:
    Can't honestly see why we are using Grant rather than Starks, Starks is a much better back in my opinion and is far more explosive.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.