Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The barca tie is now ruined

ReputationRep:
    Even better news .

Five Gunners pull out of national squads

ReputationRep:
    Wenger is obviously hating on national pride.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antonfigo)
    When was the last time we did a spectacular comeback?
    Bolton 2-3 Arsenal was the last one I remember. Almost three years ago now :erm:.

ReputationRep:
    Got to 2-2 against Barca, though the next leg sort of poo-poo'ed that.

ReputationRep:
    Joey Barton: "If the Arsenal players don't like being tackled, they should go and play basketball or netball or one of the other games." Can't argue with that logic.

(Original post by Mr Smurf)
      Bolton 2-3 Arsenal was the last one I remember. Almost three years ago now :erm:.
      I'm quite sure we repeated that result; I remember reading during a game - 'The last time Arsenal came back to win from 2-0 down was against Bolton'. Wasn't it immediately after Coyle had taken over?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by mau5)
      Joey Barton: "If the Arsenal players don't like being tackled, they should go and play basketball or netball or one of the other games." Can't argue with that logic.
      Meh our players don't call their manager s**t, their assman a pr**k, don't punch people 20 times in the face, go to jail, attempt to break legs, act racistly and need councilling. But good luck with that Barton fellow.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Abiraleft)
      I'm quite sure we repeated that result; I remember reading during a game - 'The last time Arsenal came back to win from 2-0 down was against Bolton'. Wasn't it immediately after Coyle had taken over?
      Didn't we recover from 2-0 down to win 4-2 last season?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by jk1986)
      Meh our players don't call their manager s**t, their assman a pr**k, don't punch people 20 times in the face, go to jail, attempt to break legs, act racistly and need councilling. But good luck with that Barton fellow.
      He stubbed a cigar in someone's eye too.

ReputationRep:
      I hope you guys clear up any injuries quick. We could do with having Ramsey on loan for longer than the month. He was brilliant yesterday, totally controlled the game.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by WelshBluebird)
      I hope you guys clear up any injuries quick. We could do with having Ramsey on loan for longer than the month. He was brilliant yesterday, totally controlled the game.
      If he's getting back to his best I highly doubt we'll be extending the loan. If Cesc leaves in the summer, Rambo needs as much first team time between now and then, as possible. Glad to hear he's doing well, though. :yy:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by WelshBluebird)
      Saw that game, he did do quite well. Felt you guys were kinda lucky to get all 3 points (Bellamy's strike though :eek:). I just laughed at the strength of emmanuel thomas when he came on

ReputationRep:
      Ramsey can replace Denilson/Diaby next season. I really can't wait to see Wilshere and Ramsey both play together behind Cesc. :coma:. We could do a diamond formation with Song anchoring :coma:

ReputationRep:
      But that would be one heck of a narrow diamond and we'd have to sacrifice a winger unless we played 3-1-2-1-2-1.

The idea is :coma: though.

ReputationRep:
      That's be pretty narrow, unless Gibbs stepped up to be a full on wingback.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by T.Adams VI)
      Ramsey can replace Denilson/Diaby next season. I really can't wait to see Wilshere and Ramsey both play together behind Cesc. :coma:. We could do a diamond formation with Song anchoring :coma:
      That idea is fantastic, I would love to see them three play at the same time but like colonel said, far too narrow, unless our full backs keep pushing on so Song can drop deep to cover at CB at times like Barca do with Busquets.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by T.Adams VI)
      Then where would the likes of Nasri/Rosicky/Walcott(perhaps) play?. Well they could play as 1 of the front 3, but then where would Arshravin/RVP/Chamakh line up?
      But playing Wilshere and Ramsey with Song anchoring looks a solid midfield for the future

ReputationRep:
      Playing 4 central mids incidentally does work, Spain won the world cup with it remarkably. I was quite shocked to see their line-up full of central mids but they managed perfectly, so I guess it wouldn't be bad.

ReputationRep:
      I can't help but think a diamond would be too narrow. We're meant to be in for Hazard, aren't we? I'd rather see him replace Arshie out left and stick with the 4-3-3. With Ramsey back we'd have a load of options in midfield and the right side should be covered by Theo/Nasri. I wouldn't get rid of Diaby, but I still think Denilson just isn't good enough.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.