Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    Hmm, another article request please!

http://www.annals.org/content/117/12/1042.full.pdf
    Can't do it, sorry, our college subscription extends to 1993, sadly for you, your article was published in 1992.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wangers)
    Can't do it, sorry, our college subscription extends to 1993, sadly for you, your article was published in 1992.
    Yeah same here. It's December 1992 as well, grrr. Ah well, I think I've found a few suitable alternatives. Thanks for looking!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    I don't even know how to access journals through our uni
    haha dude...

this is a good place to start,
    http://www.library.qmul.ac.uk/subjec...cine/databases
    going through this link will log into those sites for you so search your article and the option to see full text will be there if the uni has paid for it

when you're on campus you should be able to access those QM suscribe to without having to log in as QMUL... at home you will

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    I still haven't posted my iBSc acceptance letter, despite signing it over a fortnight ago. Anyone want to throw in any opinions on Barts and Impy that would swing my decision? Coin tossing hasn't yet produced a definitive answer.
    may sound superficial, but I heard it from current iBScers, go for the one you're more likely to get a First in..

other than that, if coins arent doing it for you, try names out of a hat

ReputationRep:
    gonna have to pull an all-nighter into a full day of lectures.. :emo:

probably a good time to start taking antacids with the coffee!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tech)
    gonna have to pull an all-nighter into a full day of lectures.. :emo:

probably a good time to start taking antacids with the coffee!
    *Like*

I saw you guys milling about coming from dissection room the other day (or maybe that was first years?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    *Like*

I saw you guys milling about coming from dissection room the other day (or maybe that was first years?)
    ah! that was first years, I know when you mean, they had their mock spotter I think.

It's a shame we don't get one this year, the good prosections are never around for SDL, understandably!

looking forward to getting back in the clinic next year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tech)
    ah! that was first years, I know when you mean, they had their mock spotter I think.

It's a shame we don't get one this year, the good prosections are never around for SDL, understandably!

looking forward to getting back in the clinic next year?

**** yes! I seriously hate this ****. Can't bloody wait to get back to real medicine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanCarroll)
    Why are all your posts so early in the morning?

And nice! yeah it's flown by, been awesome, only got exams left really, next month.. Yourself?
    It has been a while, why the sudden reappearance? Nearing exam time as well haha
    Haha errr cos I work best in the morning?! And am sh*ting myself for exams! Hence the sudden reappearance - no more going out :/ too much of that through the year means whole massive chunks of work I've never seen before - who knew I'd be such a poor attender!! But yeah it's really good - love Uni life and being in London is great - just wish it was abit cheaper and I didnt have to live in South London but heyho!

ReputationRep:
    I'd really like some fear to come and motivate me now please

ReputationRep:
    I'm curious. People from schools that have OSSEs/OSCEs in preclinical years: do you get assessed on skills such as setting up a microscope, procedures for setting up physiology experiments, testing eye sight, doing basic biomedical lab work like faecal occult blood tests, etc., etc.? Or is it just clinical skills (examinations/histories/etc.)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinkerz)
    I'm curious. People from schools that have OSSEs/OSCEs in preclinical years: do you get assessed on skills such as setting up a microscope, procedures for setting up physiology experiments, testing eye sight, doing basic biomedical lab work like faecal occult blood tests, etc., etc.? Or is it just clinical skills (examinations/histories/etc.)?
    Clinical skills at George's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinkerz)
    Mostly clinical skills, but with some basic anatomy stations, and some on blood films/histology. I think setting up a microscope used to be a station but histology stuff is done on computers/print outs now.

ReputationRep:
    my osce stations in january were
    Audiometry
    Pulses/ Manual BP
    Audiometry
    Opthalmoscope/ Otoscope
    Cranial nerve exam / gait analysis
    Drug calculation/ dilution
    CPR
    2 anatomy spotters
    2 communication OSCEs

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else seen this?

Apparently it's the first attempt at a worldwide ranking of medical schools

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Crash)

wahey manchester didn't come in as badly as i thought it might

ReputationRep:
    You guys are at medical schools that set logical OSSEs/OSCEs. Keele just test us for the sake of testing us.

ReputationRep:

Including the University of Bath? :tongue:

ReputationRep:

What is this I don't even

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    Including the University of Bath? :tongue:
    Indeed. These rating are absolute tosh. Everyone knows that Bath is better than Harvard.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.