Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by emma.b)
    I'm not sure, I think I had a dodgy lunch at Starbucks...somehow the sandwich didn't taste the best and now I just feel awful!
    Yeah, you are right...If I get up early tomorrow I should be able to revise!
    Dayum. Well hopefully it should be gone by tommorow.

Just remember not to go overboard on the revision though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aurorae)
    Dayum. Well hopefully it should be gone by tommorow.

Just remember not to go overboard on the revision though!
    Yeah tell me about it! I'll be fine tonight, just going to take it easy and read over some stuff while being on this...woo!
    Oh the revision...I shall not, do not fear!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elm Tree)
    Hi Frien
    Hello

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure, I think I had a dodgy lunch at Starbucks...somehow the sandwich didn't taste the best and now I just feel awful!
    Yeah, you are right...If I get up early tomorrow I should be able to revise!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well, laughter is the best medicine

:banana2:
    That emoticon always makes me laugh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Armani786)
    Hello
    How's your half term been? Was revision a success?

ReputationRep:
    How's your half term been? Was revision a success?
    It's been boring but my revision has been a success, just need to keep it up LOL but i had lost motivation at the beginning of the half term but got it back!
    How has your half term been?
    How was your revision?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Yeah tell me about it! I'll be fine tonight, just going to take it easy and read over some stuff while being on this...woo!
    Oh the revision...I shall not, do not fear!
    Good idea.
    Most people try to do a huge amount of revision anyway.

ReputationRep:

:banana2:
    That emoticon always makes me laugh
    Haha, that did make me giggle! Thank youu...I'll be fine don't worry!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's been boring but my revision has been a success, just need to keep it up LOL but i had lost motivation at the beginning of the half term but got it back!
    How has your half term been?
    How was your revision?
    My half term has been okay-ish, not the best but not the worst. My revision was ON POINT during the first week, especially since I had to juggle revision at home and revision at school classes.. but the second week was a complete flop, I haven't even done half the amount I did in the first week , I was planning on finishing science and history but I haven't even finished science yet :sigh:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I went to the zoo today but unfortunately there was only one dog in it. It was a ****zu.

ReputationRep:
    My half term has been okay-ish, not the best but not the worst. My revision was ON POINT during the first week, especially since I had to juggle revision at home and revision at school classes.. but the second week was a complete flop, I haven't even done half the amount I did in the first week , I was planning on finishing science and history but I haven't even finished science yet :sigh:
    aww no worries my maths revsion has been a flop cause i only revised it once during the holidays which is a shame as I got moved up so know i'm doing the higher paper and i've done hardly no higher maths revsion
    Its fine we'll both catch up some how... LOL

ReputationRep:
    aww no worries my maths revsion has been a flop cause i only revised it once during the holidays which is a shame as I got moved up so know i'm doing the higher paper and i've done hardly no higher maths revsion
    Its fine we'll both catch up some how... LOL
    I'm soo grateful I don't have to revise for maths.. I finished Maths back in November and got an A* :woo:. My set finished it early because our school decided we were smart enough to start GCSE maths in Yr 9, At the time I was like da***, can't we just do it normally but now I'm happy we did it

ReputationRep:
    OMG guys i'm here, didn't know u got another thread...
    Long time no seen, haven't been on this thread cause been revising but i'm back once again!
    HEY!!!
    hiiiii

ReputationRep:
    The way some people react when they see celebrities.. is just pathetic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Okay! Lets start, what's your theme and any ideas on hypotheses? What variables do you have?
    Sorry I just went town to get chinese :P Ok the theme is 'food' and my one is about is about whether food preferences are affected by age

*My first hypothesis is foods will be preferred by younger age groups. I think this because children are more prone to sweeter foods and unhealthy products. My second hypothesis is that older people/age groups will favour more healthy foods, as they are more mature about their health and choice of foods than children and teenagers.*

This is pretty much all I have done because I don't know how to collect data for this, and it's hard to define the term 'healthy' someone might think a big mac is healthy you never know so I might change the whole topic to prices of food over a period of time instead of food preferences

thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    The way some people react when they see celebrities.. is just pathetic
    With most celebrities I see your point, have some sense of decency people!

Spoiler:
    Show
    Having said that if I saw Noel Gallagher in the flesh I'd run for a picture before he could escape!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattFletcher)
    With most celebrities I see your point, have some sense of decency people!

Spoiler:
    Show
    Having said that if I saw Noel Gallagher in the flesh I'd run for a picture before he could escape!
    But would you be shaking and incoherent?

ReputationRep:
    But would you be shaking and incoherent?
    I'd be bloody excited! But I wouldn't be like these directioner, belieber etc, idiots. I hate them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gomg)
    Sorry I just went town to get chinese :P Ok the theme is 'food' and my one is about is about whether food preferences are affected by age

*My first hypothesis is foods will be preferred by younger age groups. I think this because children are more prone to sweeter foods and unhealthy products. My second hypothesis is that older people/age groups will favour more healthy foods, as they are more mature about their health and choice of foods than children and teenagers.*

This is pretty much all I have done because I don't know how to collect data for this, and it's hard to define the term 'healthy' someone might think a big mac is healthy you never know so I might change the whole topic to prices of food over a period of time instead of food preferences

thoughts?
    Okay, you shall make up some primary data haha...

5 different food options

Fruit
    Chocolate
    Crisps
    2 other items.of varying sugar contents and that

You take their age, gender, height, weight and which choose they select.

You'd expect women to choose healthy.
    Older to choose healthier.
    Heavier to choose unhealthy.

You mention the subjective nature of healthy which is why you are using a practical experiment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Okay, you shall make up some primary data haha...

5 different food options

Fruit
    Chocolate
    Crisps
    2 other items.of varying sugar contents and that

You take their age, gender, height, weight and which choose they select.

You'd expect women to choose healthy.
    Older to choose healthier.
    Heavier to choose unhealthy.

You mention the subjective nature of healthy which is why you are using a practical experiment

tysm!! Do you know what the minimum sample size is?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.