Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Yes... sorry, don't know why I putted A's
    whatcha getting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gary)
    wait... does it say that for both firm and insurance? or only firm?

does it say that if you miss your firm choice? and says congrats to your insurance choice... if that makes sense
    It'll say that for your Firm unless you didn't get into that. Then it'll say that for the Insurance one instead.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Gary)
    wait... does it say that for both firm and insurance? or only firm?

does it say that if you miss your firm choice? and says congrats to your insurance choice... if that makes sense
    Well of course, if you got into your insurance, then your insurance would say 'unconditional' and your firm would say 'unsuccessful'. Obviously the other way round if you got into your firm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awkwardusername)
    How did you find the GEOG3 exam overall? I struggled a bit, I think some of the questions were really badly worded!
    Yeah, it definitely wasn't my best exam! I did the tectonics 40 marker and most people in my class had written completely different essays - I focused on the wealth of an area being an issue with how well it can recover or how badly it is affected by certain hazards, but some people didn't even mention that kind of thing I thought the essay question was kind of vague so I think that's why everyone wrote different things. What about you? Which topics did you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cs95)
    Thanks, you too We did the same topics as you at AS and I got a B, resat unit 1 in January this year to try and pull it up to an A but I only improved by 2 ums! For A2 we did conflict, tectonics and weather. My teacher predicted me an A but I doubt I'll get that, I guess I'll find out on thursday for certain though! What grade are you hoping to get?
    That is ok. I want at least a B in geography as I want to do it at Leicester university but I don't care as long as I get ABB oh I pray. I am doing tectonics, development and ecosystems and I have so far enjoyed them.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Cryl)
    Well, my back up plan was that if I don't get into my firm, I could contact my second-choice uni (not my insurance) and ask them if they'll take me through clearing. And then ring up my insurance and ask them to release me. But now I find out that that won't work as well as I hoped. I don't have much of a problem with my insurance, but man, if I end up at my insurance university, my family (particularly brother) will laugh at my face since he's so proud that he managed to get into a better uni. -.- And my mum and dad will be really disappointed, particularly today, they were all like "Oh I'm pretty sure you'll get in!"; "You worked so hard, you'll get in". It made me feel worse. :/

Okay, it's not as bad as it sounded. It's still bad for me :c
    Okay. It's not an ideal situation, I'll grant you, but it's definitely not a disaster. You also cannot let your family or friends influence your results experience. It's impossible to do, but you have to try to ignore their comments and what you think they will do or say. Focus on yourself and you will feel better, because there is no reason why you couldn't get your firm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dream996)
    YES REPLY~~~~~

Well, Food + Movie + people are the best home remedies!
    I'm planning to play movies non-stop til I get those results in hands!
    Toy Story1,2,3 Shrek 1,2,3,4... and monster inc then finding NEMO ...any disneyland movie would do the trick haha GOD I'm turing 18 this year .... (awkward)
    Completely the same! Drowning in Disney and Pixar films. Also guys watch Bridget jones seriously makes you feel so much better!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlotte-xoxo)
    Okay. It's not an ideal situation, I'll grant you, but it's definitely not a disaster. You also cannot let your family or friends influence your results experience. It's impossible to do, but you have to try to ignore their comments and what you think they will do or say. Focus on yourself and you will feel better, because there is no reason why you couldn't get your firm.
    Yeah, I guess. It's not only them who will disappointed but also me. But meh. But thanks, that makes feel better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ernstleanflowers)
    Completely the same! Drowning in Disney and Pixar films. Also guys watch Bridget jones seriously makes you feel so much better!

pahahah I watched all 6 seasons of big bang theory three weeks ago! and replay it again last week! That magic~ Can't will till epic & the croods!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hookie)
    Anyone do any AS Levels in AQA Bio, Phy A and Econ? Or EdExcel Maths. If so how'd you find them, what results you expecting?
    I did AQA econ which I think was okay, an edexcel maths was great apart from S1 which I don't think was amazing.
    You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FlyHigh_er)
    I did AQA econ which I think was okay, an edexcel maths was great apart from S1 which I don't think was amazing.
    You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I found the question in aqa economics confusing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hookie)
    Anyone do any AS Levels in AQA Bio, Phy A and Econ? Or EdExcel Maths. If so how'd you find them, what results you expecting?
    I do AS AQA Biology I have no idea! Most of Unit 2 was guess work anyhoo :/ It all depends on the grade boundaries really
    How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Completely new to all this but need to find something to calm my nerves! All I've done for the past week like am sure everyone has is get mini heart attacks every few minutes! I know I haven't got got my firm and I haven't got a insurance choice so am hoping to get a place through clearing! Anyone else in the same boat? I just really don't know what to expect!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haven't been able to eat properly for a week, blaming results even tho I'm not worried. El oh el

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamJHill)
    Haven't been able to eat properly for a week, blaming results even tho I'm not worried. El oh el

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're on my list for asking about results!:ahee:

ReputationRep:
    2 Unsuccessfuls inc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingdoo)
    That is ok. I want at least a B in geography as I want to do it at Leicester university but I don't care as long as I get ABB oh I pray. I am doing tectonics, development and ecosystems and I have so far enjoyed them.
    Sorry to butt in, but hello fellow Leicester applicant!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tuya)
    Different part of the boat though
    I'm screwed without a UMS I'm looking for (around 95) while you *only* need straight A grades...
    What subject are you planning on applying for? Screwed if UMS average < 95% seems a bit of an exaggeration even for the most competitive ones although a lot of people have that attitude when applying for the science subjects and Economics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    You're on my list for asking about results!:ahee:
    Oh im not expecting great results, but I don't need them so happy days!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Reading last year's results day thread was, predictably, a terrible idea - I'm an idiot.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.