Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Said it before and I'll say it again. I don't want Higuain to come to arsenal.
    Just found these stats

RVP this year 194 shots 89 on target or 45%
    38 goals or 20% of shots are goals

Higuain 100 shots 52 on target or 52%
    23 goals or 23% of shots are goals

He's got pretty ruthless stats. Why don't you want him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KissMyArsene)
    Just found these stats

RVP this year 194 shots 89 on target or 45%
    38 goals or 20% of shots are goals

Higuain 100 shots 52 on target or 52%
    23 goals or 23% of shots are goals

He's got pretty ruthless stats. Why don't you want him?
    (Original post by Basiji)
    Why!? He's exactly what Arsenal need. Jovetic isn't a 25goal season goalscorer, he's more of a creative second striker like Bergkamp was.
    I've said it loads before and cba to say it again.

On another note, do you think lamela would come to us and if so, how much do you think he would cost?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsong)
    Arshavin needed a salad and half an hour on the treadmill not more support and it's hard for fans to back chamakh when every week there are people saying theyve seen him out in mayfair the night before the game
    Spud chamakh. My boy. Loves his football.

(Original post by WhatamIdoing)
    According to La Stampa, Jovetic has rejected Arsenal and according to GdS, agreed to a 5m (inc. bonuses) deal with Juventus and now it's just down to the teams to work out a fee for the player, which'll no doubt be cut down with the inclusion of Marrone, Quagliarella etc.
    Extremely disappointed if this is true. I can't think of any other realistic target that I want us to sign more than Jovetic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    Extremely disappointed if this is true. I can't think of any other realistic target that I want us to sign more than Jovetic.
    His name is Gonzalo. He is better than Jovetic and might still be available if it turns out Jovetic is out of our reach.

(Original post by DentalPlan4lisa)
    His name is Gonzalo. He is better than Jovetic and might still be available if it turns out Jovetic is out of our reach.
    Higuain might well be a great signing for us, but I do think that Jovetic would have fit into our system more seamlessly, and possibly spearhead our attack in a way that enhanced the functionality of our attack as a whole, rather than just performing well as an individual. Plus, he's a very exciting player to watch, which does matter to me.

ReputationRep:
    Higuain might well be a great signing for us, but I do think that Jovetic would have fit into our system more seamlessly, and possibly spearheaded our attack in a way that enhanced the functionality of our attack as a whole, rather than just performing well as an individual. Plus, he's a very exciting player to watch, which does matter to me.
    Someone with sense finally! We aren't the same team we were when RVP was around and we have players scoring from different positions and we don't need a striker like Higuain around which the whole team is centred around. Jovetic would be perfect as a second striker and yes he's very exciting to watch!

ReputationRep:
    is this you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jibberish)
    Someone with sense finally! We aren't the same team we were when RVP was around and we have players scoring from different positions and we don't need a striker like Higuain around which the whole team is centred around. Jovetic would be perfect as a second striker and yes he's very exciting to watch!
    I agree and disagree.

We pretty much are the same team, but just lack a player with such striking capabilities like RVP; other players honestly didn't even really bother trying to score that season.

If arsenal kept their current mentality and added Higuain, who has a better strike rate than RVP, then just how strong could we be? It's promising.

ReputationRep:
    is this you
    LOLOLOL!!!!!! "Aye.. Wenger, sign Higuain... and messi."

haha naw that ain't me, but great minds think alike :grouphugs:

ReputationRep:
    I agree and disagree.

We pretty much are the same team, but just lack a player with such striking capabilities like RVP; other players honestly didn't even really bother trying to score that season.

If arsenal kept their current mentality and added Higuain, who has a better strike rate than RVP, then just how strong could we be? It's promising.
    RVP was the target man much like Higuain will be at Arsenal if moves here. It left players like Walcott isolated and meant that we had to rely on him every game. Id rather have a couple of players score 20 goals and have someone to hold the ball up front. Also Jovetic is a more versatile player I think

ReputationRep:
    RVP was the target man much like Higuain will be at Arsenal if moves here. It left players like Walcott isolated and meant that we had to rely on him every game. Id rather have a couple of players score 20 goals and have someone to hold the ball up front. Also Jovetic is a more versatile player I think
    Are you sure it's a case of RVP isolating certain players with his style, or was it the Mentality of these players relying on him too much. RVP is as versatile a striker as you get.. I think it was the latter, and if Ox and Wally can mature enough, they score 15+ in the seasons to come with Jovetic or Higuain up front.

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure it's a case of RVP isolating certain players with his style, or was it the Mentality of these players relying on him too much. RVP is as versatile a striker as you get.. I think it was the latter, and if Ox and Wally can mature enough, they score 15+ in the seasons to come with Jovetic or Higuain up front.
    While I agree that players like Walcott have had to step up their game as RVP departed, you can also see that he is given more freedom when there isn't a striker up front who dominates that area of the field. Even Ox has admitted that Arsenal are a stronger team without RVP. If we do get Higuain, I feel that players like Walcott will become secondary again and we might become over-reliant on Higuain. Anyway, Id love for you to be right though- if we have one player who scores 30 goals and another 2 who score 20 goals each then we will definitely be title contenders. Easier said than done though

ReputationRep:
    While I agree that players like Walcott have had to step up their game as RVP departed, you can also see that he is given more freedom when there isn't a striker up front who dominates that area of the field. Even Ox has admitted that Arsenal are a stronger team without RVP. If we do get Higuain, I feel that players like Walcott will become secondary again and we might become over-reliant on Higuain. Anyway, Id love for you to be right though- if we have one player who scores 30 goals and another 2 who score 20 goals each then we will definitely be title contenders. Easier said than done though
    Who would you suggest, one realistic and one fantasy, upfront that would best compliment Ox and Walcott?

*I just had to edit and add this. Look at Higuains heat map. The guy is in all the right places that Arsenal will need him in. His conversion rate is 32% this season, compared to Girouds 12.7%.. And they say he couldn't play in False 9... bah!
    Name:  Higuain.png
Views: 139
Size:  87.4 KB

ReputationRep:
    Same, would've been the ideal signing for us this summer. Well, for me anyways. I always had doubts about whether or not he'd come but it seemed realistic enough.
    Alas, it looks like t'was not to be

ReputationRep:
    Who would you suggest, one realistic and one fantasy, upfront that would best compliment Ox and Walcott?
    Jovetic and Cavani (off the top of my head)

ReputationRep:
    Jovetic and Cavani (off the top of my head)
    For me.. (Higuain and Higuain lol) Higuains heat map from a typical game.. He fits perfectly.
Views: 131

Not to add he finishes like a boss

ReputationRep:

*I just had to edit and add this. Look at Higuains heat map. The guy is in all the right places that Arsenal will need him in. His conversion rate is 32% this season, compared to Girouds 12.7%.. And they say he couldn't play in False 9... bah!
Views: 139
    You cannot be serious :rofl:

Higuain is not a false 9 and will never be able to play that position. He is a traditional striker,his link up play isn't as good as the likes of RVP. This has even lead to Mourinho choosing Benzema over Higuain at Madrid because Benzema is more capable technically and getting the players around him in the game.

ReputationRep:
    For me.. (Higuain and Higuain lol) Higuains heat map from a typical game.. He fits perfectly.
Views: 131
    Really? Your fantasy player would be Higuain?! I think Benzema from the same team can provide more but its not realistic. Anyway I hope for your sake and more importantly Arsenal's that Higuain does come in this summer and wins us a trophy or two.

ReputationRep:
    is this you
    LOL

"OI VENGA BUY HIGUAIN...BUY HIGUAIN...and messi"

:lol:

that's even better than 'sign da ting'

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.