Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ballroombabe)
    Has anyone heard from Reading yet? If so what have you applied for and when did you submit your application? I'm desperate to hear from them!!

Have an interview at Canterbury for Secondary History next Wednesday 18th

I had an interview with them on the 4th which went pretty good, waiting to hear back!

Just heard back from St Mary's today, and i've now got interviews at all mine. Winchester tomorrow!

Just give me a place someone anywhere will do really!

ReputationRep:
    What details shpuld be in the work experience section on ucas? Ive just put name of schools and dates? Is this ok?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jo_Marie)
    Oh yeah, sorry don't mean to panic, I just refer to it as pack for the nine or so pages it has!! Lol that and the lady on phone referred to it as the pack. It was just everything that was under the main body of email. Don't worry I've not got anything you haven't!!

Dont forget your photos, i nearly forgot to pack them!
    haha thanks phew!! Photos as in passport photos? and cv and 500 word on observations l went through list bout five times checking I had everything so nervous. What are you wearing tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PengYn)
    We were at the same interview then (if you were 12.45 onwards?) :-)
    I feel the maths might have hurt me a bit but they did a really great job of relaxing everyone and trying to make us breath.
    Yes we must have been in the same one! I actually found I wasn't that nervous and think a lot of that was down to them, plus doing some written tasks first gave you a chance to relax into it a bit before you actually had to speak to anyone. Wish they would let us know sooner though, I'd have liked to know before Christmas!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swarfliam)
    I had an interview with them on the 4th which went pretty good, waiting to hear back!

Just heard back from St Mary's today, and i've now got interviews at all mine. Winchester tomorrow!

Just give me a place someone anywhere will do really!
    Congrats and good luck for tomorrow! Whens your St Mary's one ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.of)
    Well Done how was the one-to-one interview?
    Hey! It wasn't so bad. My interview was with a practitioner rather than an academic so I could hammer home what I learnt at my work experience places.

All in all, the day was enjoyable and I really didn't get the impression that people were elitist or snobby.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.of)
    Well Done I have an interview for Cambridge in Jan too..when's yours? Just wondering was your track updated for Cambridge?
    I have an interview for primary at cambridge too on the 9th, when's yours?

ReputationRep:
    These interviews sound really tough.

ReputationRep:
    Ooooo mixture of nervous and excitement for my interview at mmu tomorrow!!
    done plenty of prep!
    hoping they let us know either way quickly! Wish we could find out there and then!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!! I'm a newbie to the forum so hello, hell, hello!!!!

Anyone applied to Leeds Uni for Biology? I just got my interview email today and it's on the 16th! It's my first response and is both exciting yet terrifying!
    They've said I'll have to prepare and give a brief presentation and evaluate other presentations. Will they give me a topic for the presentation on the actual interview day?

Best of luck to all the applicants!

ReputationRep:
    Just checked UCAS track and I have an interview for MMU secondary English, but I haven't received an email or anything? Has this happened to anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amul1992)
    Just checked UCAS track and I have an interview for MMU secondary English, but I haven't received an email or anything? Has this happened to anyone else?
    Yeah I have an interview at mmu tomorrow! When my track updated my email came the next day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madl24903)
    Hey! It wasn't so bad. My interview was with a practitioner rather than an academic so I could hammer home what I learnt at my work experience places.

All in all, the day was enjoyable and I really didn't get the impression that people were elitist or snobby.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That sounds like a grand interview to be honest...compared to other interviews I feel like the Cambridge one will suit me the most Good luck with it, I hope you get a place

(Original post by Suzyr)
    I have an interview for primary at cambridge too on the 9th, when's yours?
    Mine's on the 7th, we have time to prepare yet

ReputationRep:
    Black dress, flats, Cardigan.... Not too smart, not casual but comfortable.

How about you? What time are you getting in for, I'll probably see you there!
    (Original post by cutebat)
    haha thanks phew!! Photos as in passport photos? and cv and 500 word on observations l went through list bout five times checking I had everything so nervous. What are you wearing tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    Found out today that I have a second interview! So happy!

It's next Wednesday - the day before my other interview! So I have an interview at Huddersfield next Wednesday and then York next Thursday (this is for PGCE post-compulsory education/lifelong learning).

I'm excited but so nervous! The York one is only one hour long and an individual interview, so not too stressed about that one, but the Huddersfield one lasts "half a day" and includes group work/presentations, a written piece, and other stuff as well as individual interviews. Very nervous! Hopefully it will be fine. They've also sent me a medical form to fill in already which has some less than lovely questions but I'll manage them.

Eek! So nervous and yet excited. When I saw the letter from Huddersfield today I was SO scared it would be a rejection without interview as Track hadn't updated (it still hasn't). But when I read "Interview" in the subject line I screamed with joy. Haha.

Yay!

ReputationRep:
    I really want to know this too! Please let me know if you find out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooksy1704)
    Yeah I have an interview at mmu tomorrow! When my track updated my email came the next day!
    Amazing, thanks you! Well done, what's your interview for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_cook92)
    Conditional from Canterbury!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ohh me too! Is yours on the conditions of Skills tests? I'm nervous they may take it from me somehow hahaha! Did you interview on Wednesday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deja Vu)
    Found out today that I have a second interview! So happy!

It's next Wednesday - the day before my other interview! So I have an interview at Huddersfield next Wednesday and then York next Thursday (this is for PGCE post-compulsory education/lifelong learning).

I'm excited but so nervous! The York one is only one hour long and an individual interview, so not too stressed about that one, but the Huddersfield one lasts "half a day" and includes group work/presentations, a written piece, and other stuff as well as individual interviews. Very nervous! Hopefully it will be fine. They've also sent me a medical form to fill in already which has some less than lovely questions but I'll manage them.

Eek! So nervous and yet excited. When I saw the letter from Huddersfield today I was SO scared it would be a rejection without interview as Track hadn't updated (it still hasn't). But when I read "Interview" in the subject line I screamed with joy. Haha.

Yay!
    Don't freak out about occupational health forms! They are meant to be supportive (getting you what you need) rather than limiting (saying you aren't fit).

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpwxx)
    Don't freak out about occupational health forms! They are meant to be supportive (getting you what you need) rather than limiting (saying you aren't fit).

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks! Will try my best

There are a couple of questions I don't like the look of, the rest are generally fine. Hopefully it's just something they will ask me about later, as although I don't really want to talk about them per se, I do think I can do a better job of explaining in person/face to face/verbally rather than on a form - it looks so black and white.

But I was expecting it. I just didn't think it's come until much later!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.