Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    I've seen a few people on twitter that they should be allowed to black up. They're citing Sol Campbell whiting up in recent voting campaign as double standards and hypocrisy. Shame to see so many still ignorant, I don't think these people have a legitimate reason to be angry at the campaign tbh
    From what I read it was just a rumour and it was never their plan to go as Bob Marley at all. Hartepools final day fancy dress is always classic, I remember seeing them on the tube one year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    From what I read it was just a rumour and it was never their plan to go as Bob Marley at all. Hartepools final day fancy dress is always classic, I remember seeing them on the tube one year.
    Kick it out have issued a statement wrt blacking up as Bob Marley. I'm not sure a simple rumour would gain such traction.

I think it's an excellent unique tradition tbh I have no problem with them wearing dreads wigs and Jamaican colours I just don't see the need for Blackface. Going as Bob Marley is a not a good fancy dress choice on it's own anyway, it's basically going as a stereotypical Jamaican which is a bit boring. There are better fancy dress options out there tbh
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Brighton v Watford
    Sheff Wed v Leeds
    Birmingham v Charlton
    Cardiff v Blackpool
    Fulham v Middlesbrough
    Huddersfield v Blackburn
    Ipswich v Nottm Forest
    Millwall v Derby
    Reading v Brentford
    Rotherham v Norwich
    Wigan v Wolves

Top eight contenders in bold.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Brighton v Watford
    Sheff Wed v Leeds
    Birmingham v Charlton
    Cardiff v Blackpool
    Fulham v Middlesbrough
    Huddersfield v Blackburn
    Ipswich v Nottm Forest
    Millwall v Derby
    Reading v Brentford
    Rotherham v Norwich
    Wigan v Wolves

Top eight contenders in bold.
    Also interesting that they're up against the 4 teams gunning for safety. Things could get very scrappy and I can see some teams dropping points.

ReputationRep:
    Any barnsley fans on here ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Troy Deeney puts the Hornets ahead after an inspired substitution by Jokanović
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Best thing about that Deener goal was Gomes' celebration.

ReputationRep:
    We're 1-0 down at Hillsborough with 10 men. That's a sixth successive defeat. So fed up with Leeds

Edit: Flash Scores says we've had a man sent off but BBC Sport says it's still 11 vs 11

ReputationRep:
    There really are some stupid people on here. Why shouldn't they black up?!
    Kick it out have, as they often do, undone a lot of good work with an utterly ridiculous statement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bun)
    There really are some stupid people on here. Why shouldn't they black up?!
    Kick it out have, as they often do, undone a lot of good work with an utterly ridiculous statement.
    Why do they need to black up? Could they not dress up without having to black up?

I'm not black so it's no skin off my nose, but if people find blacking up offensive then it should absolutely be banned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    Why do they need to black up? Could they not dress up without having to black up?

I'm not black so it's no skin off my nose, but if people find blacking up offensive then it should absolutely be banned.
    Who does find it offensive though? Keith Curle has said he finds it harmless fun, when the rugby star blacked up to dress up as Bony, Bony said he was happy with it. It's just a minority who take offence to everything.
    It's like the Sol Campbell issue. He's a complete you know what, but I wasnt 'insulted' that he painted his face white. It's double standards just to back down to a minority of people who like to play the race card.

ReputationRep:
    Leeds could be in with a chance of promotion next season :rolleyes:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Deeney's off to see the Avengers tonight to celebrate, he told Sky Sports cameras.

ReputationRep:
    Derby getting beat by Millwall, and 'Boro a goal down to Fulham. As it stands, Watford will go up today.

ReputationRep:
    This is exciting stuff! Watford promoted as it stands with Fulham leading Mboro at half time.
    Wigan could be relegated with Wolves ahead just before the break.

Oh and Leeds finally won a game lol.

ReputationRep:
    Conference does not kick off till 5.15 ffs. Hopefully Barnet will go up today! If Rovers lose of course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Conference does not kick off till 5.15 ffs. Hopefully Barnet will go up today! If Rovers lose of course
    Wow barnet..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swagyolo420)
    Wow barnet..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Explain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Explain
    Its just barnet.... Thought they would be in like conference by now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swagyolo420)
    Its just barnet.... Thought they would be in like conference by now

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They're my local team lol. Would be promoted to League 2.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.