Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexdaman93)
    On the apply.kcl website, does anyone else have
    "English language
    I'd like to add the English Language information* Yes No "
    at the bottom of the application page?
    Yes i do aswell. Ive just ignored it. If it is serious they will send an email.

ReputationRep:
    Hey has anyone applied with the previous years GAMSAT before? Have a horrible feeling I've missed something.

emailed the gamsat address at UCAS and Swansea my scores from last year (Swansea asked). Did anyone send their scores directly to universities that didn't ask for them or did they just trust UCAS would sort it out?

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

This wait is terrifying!
    Was just going to ask the people who have applied to kings, did you receive log in details to a portal? I haven't got anything and starting to worry! Looked everywhere on the website and can't find a contact email! was there one on the emails you got sent my KCL at all?

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hharman19)
    Hey everyone,

This wait is terrifying!
    Was just going to ask the people who have applied to kings, did you receive log in details to a portal? I haven't got anything and starting to worry! Looked everywhere on the website and can't find a contact email! was there one on the emails you got sent my KCL at all?

Thanks in advance!
    I had a similar problem. go to their school of medicine page and call admissions. I just explained to them that I hadn't received login details and they said there was nothing wrong with my application and sometimes it happens, and then forwarded me my login details.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marathi)
    For those who may be unaware if you wish to apply to Swansea GEM with a 2.2 degree and a masters you will need to achieve a merit or distinction in your masters degree.

The pressure to perform is on for me now!
    Sine when? Their website says just a Masters (as long as it's a proper masters, not one integrated with a BSc).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Googy)
    Sine when? Their website says just a Masters (as long as it's a proper masters, not one integrated with a BSc).
    I contacted them about it recently, see screenshot. I also recommended that this should be clearer on the website as it's unfair for people with a pass to think they can apply through the way it's worded.

Name:  image.png
Views: 363
Size:  82.0 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marathi)
    I contacted them about it recently, see screenshot. I also recommended that this should be clearer on the website as it's unfair for people with a pass to think they can apply through the way it's worded.

Name:  image.png
Views: 363
Size:  82.0 KB
    Nevermind clear on the website, it specifically says the opposite. Will be moaning at them repeatedly if they reject me for not meeting entry requirements.

That said I might still get a Merit, MRes results only come out end of next week and based on all my other coursework scores my degree classification will be whatever my dissertation score is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Googy)
    Nevermind clear on the website, it specifically says the opposite. Will be moaning at them repeatedly if they reject me for not meeting entry requirements.

That said I might still get a Merit, MRes results only come out end of next week and based on all my other coursework scores my degree classification will be whatever my dissertation score is.
    Damn, I hope they don't mess you around with it! Hopefully you get the merit anyway, but yea the website doesn't make a lot of sense. As it states it's required for an intercalated undergrad masters, but not for a standalone one...

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, new to TSR here, I just wanted to ask, is it me not looking hard enough or on the Kings website is there nowhere that says specifically that psychology degrees, in particular clinical psychology undergrad degrees are not eligible for a competitive place on the 4 year GEM course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Newnortherner)
    Hi everyone, new to TSR here, I just wanted to ask, is it me not looking hard enough or on the Kings website is there nowhere that says specifically that psychology degrees, in particular clinical psychology undergrad degrees are not eligible for a competitive place on the 4 year GEM course?
    I'd assume it's a BSc rather than a BA so should be fine from that perspective however others have said that at least 50% of the degree must be chemistry so I'd email to check what their definition of "Science" is (e.g. someone applied with a BSc in engineering and was told it wasn't considered a science subject for this purpose).

ReputationRep:
    I emailed them and they said psychology does not have enough chemistry content to be considered as a science degree for their GEM course.I pointed out to them that this is not clear on their website. I doubt whether your degree being clinical will have any bearing. You could email them too.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know if pharmacy (MPharm) is considered a masters or not ?

ReputationRep:
    Just got an email from Southampton saying they have not received my UKCAT score and could I provide my UKCAT ID to them!

WAAAAT.

Has anyone else had this? I was sure I did the whole UCAS number thing correctly on the UKCAT website (I applied through UCAS for my first degree ages ago, so my UCAS PID and UCAS Track number were the same).

Anyway, I've responded by email... now just waiting patiently (and stressing slightly that the same thing will have happened to my other UKCAT option, Newcastle).

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone submitted an OPEN application to Cambridge? UCAS just sent me an email saying that something has changed for one of my applications and it was the change from open to L (Lucy Cavendish). Got the shock of my life for nothing I guess?

ReputationRep:
    yes, i made an open application and my status changed to L too. but what does that mean?
    does cambridge consider open applications first separately, and if passed, they assign you to a college? or it means that the college will check now my application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bruhbruhbruh)
    Anyone know if pharmacy (MPharm) is considered a masters or not ?

Should be? Although some universities (GKT) have stricter entry requirements on integrated masters than on separate masters as they can be viewed as lesser degrees (although technically they're the same level).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YeloSweetPotato)
    Has anyone submitted an OPEN application to Cambridge? UCAS just sent me an email saying that something has changed for one of my applications and it was the change from open to L (Lucy Cavendish). Got the shock of my life for nothing I guess?
    yes, i made an open application and my status changed to L too. but what does that mean? does cambridge consider open applications first separately, and if passed, they assign you to a college? or it means that the college will check now my application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ebuwa)
    I emailed them and they said psychology does not have enough chemistry content to be considered as a science degree for their GEM course.I pointed out to them that this is not clear on their website. I doubt whether your degree being clinical will have any bearing. You could email them too.
    (Original post by Googy)
    I'd assume it's a BSc rather than a BA so should be fine from that perspective however others have said that at least 50% of the degree must be chemistry so I'd email to check what their definition of "Science" is (e.g. someone applied with a BSc in engineering and was told it wasn't considered a science subject for this purpose).
    Thanks for the info, I just feel as though I have wasted a choice, every other uni I considered seemed to spell out clearly which degrees are and are not applicable/considered...it's all a learning curve I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spasi7)
    yes, i made an open application and my status changed to L too. but what does that mean? does cambridge consider open applications first separately, and if passed, they assign you to a college? or it means that the college will check now my application?

Maybe they're just balancing the numbers? like if one college has more applicants than the other the open applicants get assigned to the smaller college first?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Newnortherner)
    Thanks for the info, I just feel as though I have wasted a choice, every other uni I considered seemed to spell out clearly which degrees are and are not applicable/considered...it's all a learning curve I guess.
    No problem, I think I'm in a similar boat with Swansea, they very clearly say that you need a Merit in an integrated masters but also say you just need to have a masters if it is a standalone degree but have apparently told someone else that the stand alone masters are also subject to the same requirements.

I'm suddenly very nervous about the results of my masters coming out next week,,,,

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.