Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lemon8)
    can i get an a overall with 2 mid level a's in C3 and S1 and a very high b here?
    anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatNoseyParker)
    MY HEAD IS SPINNING RIGHT NOW

I saw one guy on about using degrees and getting 27.1 years, which made me doubt my own and then think well 0.4 is a weird answer.. now people are making me think I'm right again.

*fingers crossed come on arsey*
    Yehhhhh, i got 27.1 too. Apparently, you have to work in radians but i dont think they specified which mode to work in, so they may allow both answers, i dunno. When working in degrees, it seemed right, and radians seemed sooo weird and unrealistic in terms of the context of the question

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCHzicKq3W4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatNoseyParker)
    MY HEAD IS SPINNING RIGHT NOW

I saw one guy on about using degrees and getting 27.1 years, which made me doubt my own and then think well 0.4 is a weird answer.. now people are making me think I'm right again.

*fingers crossed come on arsey*
    with Calculus it always has to be radians. degrees would be incorrect because that's just how maths works. I imagine you'd only lose 1 mark, though.

ReputationRep:
    My teacher said that for the one where you had to find the value of t, T had to be 0.46 (with radians) rather than 27 because you dont mix degrees with calculus???

ReputationRep:
    What UMS do you reckon I would get if I got 68/69 raw marks? Enough for an A*?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toddmcnugget)
    I wrote both down just in case (checked them with the equation and both work). But he's right, calculus with trig ALWAYS uses radians (unless specifically stated), though apparently in past papers they have accepted both as an answer. You'd only lose up to one mark for using degrees.
    'but he's right' girls do maths too lol

ReputationRep:
    the paper is on post 112 of this thread...
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3407637
    I saw it there when I revised my estimated boundaries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C++)
    That is not technically correct; as long as you carry the π/180, it is possible to use degrees.
    Yeah so the conclusion is that 0.47 or whatever it was is correct, but you'll only lose up to one mark for not converting to radians.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wahid1)
    I have a few questions:

1) how many marks do I lose if I found K as 2 and continued so I got the area as half? Out of the total 8 marks of the question.

2) For the differential equation I found c correctly but at the end I couldn't get the final answer they wanted even doe part A was right. How many marks would I lose out of the 7?

3) for the years question how many marks do I lose if I did the question in degrees?

4) for the vector question how many marks do I get (if any) if I found the position vector of B for the shortest distance?

5) for the cone question, do you get one mark for writing V=pi integral of y2? Also due to a lack of time I went to write what I would do instead of doing it, but I wrote the radius will be 9 for the cone et and you do integral until 2 minus the volume of cone from Q to P?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Someone please please help me out

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lemon8)
    anyone?
    Yes. Every module carries equal weight in order to achieve an A. Two mids will pull the value up, definitely.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys what UMS will I get if I got 50/53 out of 75? Nitbsure what the grade boundries will be like :/

ReputationRep:
    What would 40/75 UMS be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toddmcnugget)
    Yeah so the conclusion is that 0.47 or whatever it was is correct, but you'll only lose up to one mark for not converting to radians.
    Yes, you are correct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C++)
    Yes. Every module carries equal weight in order to
    achieve an A. Two mids will pull the value up, definitely.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Could 71/75 in C3 and 64/75 in C4 get me an A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohan1811)
    low C :\
    What are you talking about? In the recent papers (the ones like this) thats an A or one off an A... Even in the old papers with high boundaries thats a B, never a C

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicjug)
    In the last question for the volume I subbed in the bounds wrong apparently 3^0 is 3 not 1 lol fml how many mark out of 6 would I have lost provided the cone part was right and the integral was right too 3/4??
    3^0 is definitely 1, don't know who told you otherwise but don't listen to them!

ReputationRep:
    For part 8b, when integrating the 3^2x (or 9^x) did the final value come out as 40pi/ln(3) ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahlean)
    'but he's right' girls do maths too lol
    Oh no, another one of these people. I'm not going to go through the effort of checking if another user is male or female, they is too confusing because English is a dumb language. Should I start using the Xe pronouns and conform to tumblrinas?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 20, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.