Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I barely saw anything of the match but I read a live feed, why was Gabriel subbed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    You're a bit late aha. Yeah they did. Could have had an opportunity to put some distance in for third.
    Just seen the goal. Jammy FC.

ReputationRep:
    You're a bit late aha. Yeah they did. Could have had an opportunity to put some distance in for third.
    Yeah, I was a bit fixated on our game. But luckily I did not know that Utd scored, I would have had a panic attack in the closing stages of the match! :lol:
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Would you guys rather beat United in the FA cup but don't win the trophy in the end or finish above United this season?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Just seen the goal. Jammy FC.

I really hate Van Gaal.

ReputationRep:
    United are tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooo dead.

If we don't beat them on Monday I give up.

ReputationRep:
    Monreal better be fit for Monday: Gibbs has that bottler mentality.

ReputationRep:
    Bellerin is not a RB ffs. Throughout the match unchallenged crosses were coming from the right wing. There was never any pressure on the crosser, they had the time and space to deliver a proper cross every single time with Bellerin miles away.

ReputationRep:
    Would you guys rather beat United in the FA cup but don't win the trophy in the end or finish above United this season?
    Finish ahead of United, a semi-final or final means nothing if you don't win the cup.
    Plus finishing ahead of united would all but seal top 4 for us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midnightice)
    Monreal better be fit for Monday: Gibbs has that bottler mentality.
    2 assists tonight.

ReputationRep:
    Finish above them. Beating them in the FA Cup means **** all if we don't lift the trophy.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Finish ahead of United, a semi-final or final means nothing if you don't win the cup.
    Plus finishing ahead of united would all but seal top 4 for us

(Original post by De Chirico)
    Finish above them. Beating them in the FA Cup means **** all if we don't lift the trophy.

Yeah cos I was thinking, I don't know which I'd relish more. You know, bragging rights. But you're right, knocking them out of the cup would only make the glory last a night or two.

- Everton losing again tonight. How they've fallen this season it's odd.

ReputationRep:
    Also, seeing as we constantly slate him, could we actually give Mert some credit for his performance today, I thought he was excellent esp. at the end clearing every ball that comes his way

ReputationRep:
    2 assists tonight.
    I think Monreal is more defensively competent against better opposition.

ReputationRep:
    2 assists tonight.
    Fair enough, but he ran away from Austin when he lined up his shot. Can already see him doing worse against Utd.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah cos I was thinking, I don't know which I'd relish more. You know, bragging rights. But you're right, knocking them out of the cup would only make the glory last a night or two.
    Beating them is bragging rights for a few weeks, finishing above them again is bragging rights for a year imo.

Genuinely think we'll do both tbh anyway... and beat Monaco 3-0 in second leg... and win the FA cup.... And not only finish ahead of City but the KKK (sorry I meant Khelsea) too... hmm maybe not.

But nah, I think we'll finish above United and beat them, we both are playing poverty football, but ours is slightly less poverty

ReputationRep:

- Everton losing again tonight. How they've fallen this season it's odd.
    It'd be pretty nice to knock Utd out of the FA, retain it, and finish 3rd in the league with Liverpool in 4th.

Early Christmas present?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Also, seeing as we constantly slate him, could we actually give Mert some credit for his performance today, I thought he was excellent esp. at the end clearing every ball that comes his way
    But I'll never forget last week. Literally never.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Bellerin is not a RB ffs. Throughout the match unchallenged crosses were coming from the right wing. There was never any pressure on the crosser, they had the time and space to deliver a proper cross every single time with Bellerin miles away.

When Bellerin plays in this formation it is like a 3-4-3 with the amount of times he is bombing down the right channel. As such, it is probably why Walcott is not playing there. But, three defenders is a bit risky really especially when we leave so much space in behind and like to play quite a high line a lot of the time.

ReputationRep:
    All of the top 8 won, damnnn

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.