The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
What about a stem and leaf diagram ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That it wasn't included and everyone was so pissed off.
Original post by nisha.sri
You wrote 20 sides in 1 hours and 10 mins !! WOW you must be a really quick writer but well done !! I can only write about 6 pages :colondollar:

Thanks. It was 14.5 sides in 1hr10 ( poetry) and 20 in about 1hr 30.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That it wasn't included and everyone was so pissed off.

Oh yeah. I've heard about that. Oh well, at least that means that I will definitely get an A and possibly get an A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh yeah. I've heard about that. Oh well, at least that means that I will definitely get an A and possibly get an A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep that's good :smile: How has your exams been so far ?
Yep that's good :smile: How has your exams been so far ?

They've gone really well. What about you ?Physics was a bit iffy because it was very different to the past papers but my teachers have said that the grade boundaries will be low this year. I think I still did well. Everything else has been amazing. Not that physics wasn't but then again I am a perfectionist.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not 45 minutes. It was more like 1hr and 10 minutes. We're given 1hr and 15 minutes but I had spent 5 minutes reading the unseen poem and understanding it

Posted from TSR Mobile

But I mean the recommended time for the first section is 45 mins XD
Original post by Anygy
But I mean the recommended time for the first section is 45 mins XD

Oh. So the break down is that I did 7.5. sides for Part A and 7 sides for Part B.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have you guys heard about the bomb scare across the country ? It's been happening a lot especially in schools e.g mine and it's disrupting Gcse's and A-levels.

Where is this happening?
They've gone really well. What about you ?Physics was a bit iffy because it was very different to the past papers but my teachers have said that the grade boundaries will be low this year. I think I still did well. Everything else has been amazing. Not that physics wasn't but then again I am a perfectionist.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's good to hear :smile: Wish you all the best. Yeh i've heard that OCR science was kinda hard. Mine has been good until Friday came but then again it's the past so i can't do much about that. Planning to do a lot of revision during the half term but i got distracted today mainly because i had exams every single day this week and Friday was so stressful nearly had a heart attack - that bomb threat was scary ( well i thought it was scary ) :biggrin:
Original post by sunshine774
Where is this happening?

Every where in the U.K . Mainly all schools have a look at the link below.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/third-day-bomb-threats-force-8062635
That's good to hear :smile: Wish you all the best. Yeh i've heard that OCR science was kinda hard. Mine has been good until Friday came but then again it's the past so i can't do much about that. Planning to do a lot of revision during the half term but i got distracted today mainly because i had exams every single day this week and Friday was so stressful nearly had a heart attack - that bomb threat was scary ( well i thought it was scary ) :biggrin:

Lol. I didn't hear about the bomb thing. Thanks. I took a break today as well. I'm going to wake up at 5 tomorrow and revise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I do the same board as you. How did you find the exam ? I thought it was good. Maybe 150 ish for an A*. Did you see that news about how hard the exam was ? It wasn't that bad. Was it ?
Yeah true :smile:

There's no way it'll be that low. Last year's was 155 and this year's was a hell of a lot easier than that. I reckon around 162 for an A* but relatively low for other grades - top set students found it easy and most other people really struggled. I think they'll make the boundary for a C quite low so that more people have a chance of passing.

OCR science was ok - definitely really hard if you hadn't revised but if you had then it was manageable :smile: luckily I had so I found them all pretty nice, paired with low grade boundaries as many found them difficult I should have done quite well :smile:

I also plan to get a lot done this half term but I'm holding off until Monday to start just to allow myself to de-stress a bit (I don't feel stressed but I know I need a break if that makes sense) so yeah :smile:

And I haven't heard about the bomb thing either, you sure it was legit? Definitely not saying you're lying btw, it's just that no one else seems to have heard about it at all.
Every where in the U.K . Mainly all schools have a look at the link below.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/third-day-bomb-threats-force-8062635

All I've heard is that my teachers said a student called a school and made a threat but when the school found out it was a hoax to disrupt the exam the exam board said they all had to resit in November. If that happened in our school I would be so annoyed that someone had done it just to disrupt an exam. Hopefully noone in my year at school will get any ideas!
Original post by NiamhM1801
There's no way it'll be that low. Last year's was 155 and this year's was a hell of a lot easier than that. I reckon around 162 for an A* but relatively low for other grades - top set students found it easy and most other people really struggled. I think they'll make the boundary for a C quite low so that more people have a chance of passing.

Yeah true :smile:

Original post by NiamhM1801
OCR science was ok - definitely really hard if you hadn't revised but if you had then it was manageable :smile: luckily I had so I found them all pretty nice, paired with low grade boundaries as many found them difficult I should have done quite well :smile:

I also plan to get a lot done this half term but I'm holding off until Monday to start just to allow myself to de-stress a bit (I don't feel stressed but I know I need a break if that makes sense) so yeah :smile:

And I haven't heard about the bomb thing either, you sure it was legit? Definitely not saying you're lying btw, it's just that no one else seems to have heard about it at all.

Yeh i understand you. Have a look at the link below. Tbh I didn't even know about it until it happened to my school. :smile:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...-force-8062635
Where is everyone ? :colondollar:

I guess we are all busy revising! :wink:By the way, how is revision?

On the revision grind :smile:
Hi guys,

I found this blog super inspiring, so I tried making my own one, but an A2 version, so feel free to check it out :smile:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4130989

(In no way am I trying to hijack this very snazzy thread!!!!)

Good luck with all of your exams!
Original post by MezmorisedPotato
On the revision grind :smile:

Yeah. I guess I'm a 'slave to the grind'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply