Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    F lewis acid... leave it in the book where it belongs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    I am retaking this exam too, what did you get last year?
    I got ABBB for AS CCD for A2. I had to go hopsital last year for medical reasosn and didnt study for the last month before exam(came back 1 week before). so I had good reason to do **** in my subjects but this year I aced F324 which I had U in last year but I spent too much time revising that cause of how bad the last year exam frightened me. I gave up at that point and got U for F325. I've done the same thing for bio A in all the units expect the last one U and this year i've left it too late haha.

Last year I had an excuse this year I don't. I think I will get a C in this or higher though. about 50 marks are easy enough as long as you get the questions. getting to a B won't be too hard too.

Wbu?

ReputationRep:
    Oh so whatever is the side with the negative is the most negative, wow when I put it that way it looks really obvious haha thanks.
    You're welcome, no worries.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReTakingF324/5)
    I got ABBB for AS CCD for A2. I had to go hopsital last year for medical reasosn and didnt study for the last month before exam(came back 1 week before). so I had good reason to do **** in my subjects but this year I aced F324 which I had U in last year but I spent too much time revising that cause of how bad the last year exam frightened me. I gave up at that point and got U for F325. I've done the same thing for bio A in all the units expect the last one U and this year i've left it too late haha.

Last year I had an excuse this year I don't. I think I will get a C in this or higher though. about 50 marks are easy enough as long as you get the questions. getting to a B won't be too hard too.

Wbu?
    I got CDD, last year for A2, not really sure why, lack of ability probably and erm yh retaking my other exams however Chemistry I did pretty horifically in both units but a U in F324, I think I did well in it this year but the problem is I still think I'd need like a really high B or most likely an A but I think it's not looking likely at this point.

ReputationRep:
    I got CDD, last year for A2, not really sure why, lack of ability probably and erm yh retaking my other exams however Chemistry I did pretty horifically in both units but a U in F324, I think I did well in it this year but the problem is I still think I'd need like a really high B or most likely an A but I think it's not looking likely at this point.
    We are both in the same situation then haha . Exactly the same last year in C and similar grades CCD is not much better haha. So what do you need for uni overall?

I think I got an A for AS chem(retook unit 1) and at lowest B for unit 4 and A in both course works and probably can get a C/D for an overall B.

Hell I got D last year with 2 Us in A2. So I got loads of marks but my *****y planning made me not revise this for like a month and I forgot this all aswell as bio haha. This is okay though not as hard to recall due to quick practise.

EDIT: BTW I knew why I did **** last year cause I had to go hospital due to an undiagnosed diabetes. I feel I will do better but not amazing. Hopefully you feel you did good this year and actually do good

ReputationRep:
    Sup, can anyone solve this? The corrects answer is 4.22 but I have no idea how. Thank you!
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  499.9 KB
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    We are both in the same situation then haha . Exactly the same last year in C and similar grades CCD is not much better haha. So what do you need for uni overall?

I think I got an A for AS chem(retook unit 1) and at lowest B for unit 4 and A in both course works and probably can get a C/D for an overall B.

Hell I got D last year with 2 Us in A2. So I got loads of marks but my *****y planning made me not revise this for like a month and I forgot this all aswell as bio haha. This is okay though not as hard to recall due to quick practise.
    I have almost given up hope of uni at this rate, I thought my chances were almost dead after my maths exams, I don't think they went any better than last year my first units in bio and chem were good but this unit has made me lost all hope.

ReputationRep:
    lol I got like 2/3 marks out of what was it 5? That Q is tough cause I think you also got to x2 the 0.25.

But it's a metal and should be added to RHS. I think cause it's a ion or something. I just took it away from both sides haha. **** this exam
    Not too sure if you guys need the help... Just think of it as a buffer solution. The magnesium reacts with the acid to form the salt of the acid, thereby increasing the concentration of the conjugate base (which is provided for by the salt). The molar ratio is 2:1 so we have to add the twice the number of moles of magnesium to the conjugate base and minus twice the number of mg moles from the acid. Then you can work out the concentration.

Good practice of this is with buffers and how to calculate changing ph upon addition of naoh/hcl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VMD100)
    Iron starts as Iron (III) Oxide Therefore its formula is likely Fe2O3 and when reacted with a solution containing hydroxide ions forms FeO4 2- Where the oxidation number of the iron is +6.
    So a change from +3 to +6 means it is being oxidised.

To start with you have to balance atoms

Fe2O3 + Cl2 + OH- ---> FeO4 2- + 2Cl-
    You need 2 iron atoms on the right hand side making it now
    Fe2O3 +OH- + Cl2 --> 2FeO4 2- + 2Cl-
    Now there are too many oxygens on the right hand side so you have to increase the number of OH-
    Fe2O3 + 5OH- +Cl2 --> 2FeO4 2- +2Cl-
    As there are more hydrogens on the left than right you add water molecules to the right hand side. However each water molecule is H2O so you have to double the amount of OH-
    Fe2O3 +10OH- +Cl2 --> 2FeO4 2- +2Cl- + 5H2O

Now all the atoms are balanced you have to balance charges.
    The charge of the left hand side is 10- and of the right hand side is 6-
    If you increase the number of Cl- to 6Cl- you will have balanced charges. Then change the number of Cl2 so it balances. Overall you will get
    Fe2O3 + 10OH- + 3Cl2 --> 2FeO4 2- + 6Cl- +5H2O
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greenorange)
    Sup, can anyone solve this? The corrects answer is 4.22 but I have no idea how. Thank you!
Views: 123
Size:  499.4 KB
    I don't think we can do this question, there's not enough data? we only have a pH, we don't even know concentrations or what the buffer is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ali1998HRM)
    Not too sure if you guys need the help... Just think of it as a buffer solution. The magnesium reacts with the acid to form the salt of the acid, thereby increasing the concentration of the conjugate base (which is provided for by the salt). The molar ratio is 2:1 so we have to add the twice the number of moles of magnesium to the conjugate base and minus twice the number of mg moles from the acid. Then you can work out the concentration.

Good practice of this is with buffers and how to calculate changing ph upon addition of naoh/hcl.
    To be fair I think I'm ok with it. I think I still got 3/5 so it's okay and that was before practising. At this point i'm alright, I am not really aiming at top top end marks just solid B.

ReputationRep:
    I have almost given up hope of uni at this rate, I thought my chances were almost dead after my maths exams, I don't think they went any better than last year my first units in bio and chem were good but this unit has made me lost all hope.
    Dude don't lose hope. I bet the you've done well in some exams which shows your capable. Probably you fell into the trap of planning badly like me. Just 2 more days of exams left for me and I am guessing for you too. Just try your best for the remaining days hell I bet you will kill this I've seen you posting all this hard work so don't act dumb bro haha. You got this.

What course did you apply and what grade do you need? Most accept some lower grades than they state depending on space.

ReputationRep:
    Dude don't lose hope. I bet the you've done well in some exams which shows your capable. Probably you fell into the trap of planning badly like me. Just 2 more days of exams left for me and I am guessing for you too. Just try your best for the remaining days hell I bet you will kill this I've seen you posting all this hard work so don't act dumb bro haha. You got this.

What course did you apply and what grade do you need? Most accept some lower grades than they state depending on space.
    I got Biological Sciences at Aston as my firm, I originally needed ABB but they said as I firmed, it's more like BBB. But I don't even think I can get BBB, I am 100% sure my maths is still a D but I was just hoping maybe if I got ABD they might still accept me but even then I think I might get BCD.

How I got that kind of offer I have no idea considering one of my friends got rejected and he had better grades...

ReputationRep:
    I got Biological Sciences at Aston as my firm, I originally needed ABB but they said as I firmed, it's more like BBB. But I don't even think I can get BBB, I am 100% sure my maths is still a D but I was just hoping maybe if I got ABD they might still accept me but even then I think I might get BCD.

How I got that kind of offer I have no idea considering one of my friends got rejected and he had better grades...
    Bro are you from bham if you are I am too. PM me.

omg don't ****ing worry. LEGIT DONT WORRY haha. Aston let anyone in. I live close and all my mates that did really **** DDD or worse got in. They let people who didn't even do maths get into the engineering courses. I got offer from bham who are wayyyyy more serious lol. They don't let you off.

I 100% bet you will get a place with BCD.

ReputationRep:
Views: 144
Size:  498.8 KB
    I don't think we can do this question, there's not enough data? we only have a pH, we don't even know concentrations or what the buffer is.
    My bad! That has the extra information.

ReputationRep:
    Bro are you from bham if you are I am too. PM me.

omg don't ****ing worry. LEGIT DONT WORRY haha. Aston let anyone in. I live close and all my mates that did really **** DDD or worse got in. They let people who didn't even do maths get into the engineering courses. I got offer from bham who are wayyyyy more serious lol. They don't let you off.

I 100% bet you will get a place with BCD.
    Nah, only visited on an open day. I know they're lenient but I feel it just gets home hectic every year, like exams get harder, entry requirements go up. I just wanted to at least try and get an A and a B in Biology and Chemistry so I can show I can do it, like I don't want to scrape by in uni I think a fresh start will do me good if I just get in. Like before I suddenly became stupid in sixth form, I was like one of my school's top students not sure what happened...

ReputationRep:
    just for a little hope, I got a C in f324 but 95% in f325. god bless

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ali1998HRM)

why is the salt and acid moles each one at the start?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nah, only visited on an open day. I know they're lenient but I feel it just gets home hectic every year, like exams get harder, entry requirements go up. I just wanted to at least try and get an A and a B in Biology and Chemistry so I can show I can do it, like I don't want to scrape by in uni I think a fresh start will do me good if I just get in. Like before I suddenly became stupid in sixth form, I was like one of my school's top students not sure what happened...
    Yeah same, can't wait to get this *****y a-levels done. lol.

yeah they are soo hard now. 1 retake. Before you could do 2 exam seasons in AS and another 2 in A2. That allowed you to split it far more easier. Now it's a lot more difficult lol. Oh well. I get ya. Good grade do matter for profession like bio where it's mainly research and all that. I want to get into comp sci which is more exp based after you get your first job so as fast as I get into it the better haha.

yeah I got A* and As for GCSE and AS I did alright with Bs. I guess I did this year at home and planned it so badly lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greenorange)
Views: 89
Size:  499.9 KB
    Literally just did this!Name:  image.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  497.4 KB

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.