Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Insight314

ReputationRep:
    Hello, does getting a 63 in step 2 worth remarking ( the 2/3 boundary is 65) thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymousdude24)
    Hello, does getting a 63 in step 2 worth remarking ( the 2/3 boundary is 65) thanks
    Do you need a 2 for uni? If so and they haven't accepted you then I would get a remark.

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering, if you want to take maths at a uni and STEP is required, do you do the STEP exam during your A2s or AS? And also where do you do the exam? Who provides the centre to enable you to do the exam? Sorry I'm only doing GCSEs so I don't really know how it works ahaha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DamnDaniel2)
    Just wondering, if you want to take maths at a uni and STEP is required, do you do the STEP exam during your A2s or AS? And also where do you do the exam? Who provides the centre to enable you to do the exam? Sorry I'm only doing GCSEs so I don't really know how it works ahaha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A2s - some schools will provide it, if not you'll go to an exam centre and have to make the arrangements wholly on your own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ValerieKR)
    A2s - some schools will provide it, if not you'll go to an exam centre and have to make the arrangements wholly on your own.
    Oh right ok thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just wondering, if you want to take maths at a uni and STEP is required, do you do the STEP exam during your A2s or AS?
    Usually A2s, although there is nothing stopping you from doing it during AS... but I would advise against the latter

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you're doing GCSE's, it's a bit early for you to be thinking about all of this. Chill out a bit. Anyway, it's called the sixth term examination paper, so it's sat in the sixth term, i.e: along with your A2's. You do the exam where you normally do your A2's, most likely your school. The centre provides the centre, not sure what you're asking there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gsckmom)
    Anyone heard from Insight314? He is normally so loquacious; I am starting to feel a little worried about him...
    Last I heard, he's in the pool. Check the Cambridge Offer Holders Thread for info from some of his posts. I feel for the guy. :/

ReputationRep:
    I can say he is okay.
    Just worried about the pool.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tridianprime)
    No, you are of course right - I was just being light hearted. I'm not too bothered where I go - a big reason for picking Trinity was the breakfast seemed good so I'm not too fussy.
    True, the breakfast is great haha.
    I hear brunch at Pembroke is mental.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by botmun2)
    I was offered a place for deferred entry to Queens' College (October, 2017 entry). The requirement for STEP was: S, 1 in any order in STEP 2, and 3. But unfortunately, I ended up really bad - 2, and 1 in STEP 2, and 3 respectively! Could anyone tell me if there is any chance of my getting accepted? :/

[P.S.: I've got a bronze medal at IMO 2015, and got another this year (2016). Also, I have two APMO bronze medals]

No reply? Someone? Please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by botmun2)
    No reply? Someone? Please?
    Have you told your college to attach the fact to your file that you got another bronze at the IMO this year?
    Cause otherwise they wont know.
    You do stand a chance i think as quite a few people with 2,1 get in.
    Best of luck man.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    I can say he is okay.
    Just worried about the pool.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When are pool results announced?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IrrationalRoot)
    When are pool results announced?
    I think throughout the day but you will hear about it by 6/7pm most likely christs AT said. Peterhouse AT said at the very very latest monday is possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Usually A2s, although there is nothing stopping you from doing it during AS... but I would advise against the latter
    Aha yh I will be taking during A2s

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got 1's, thanks for all the help lads & ladies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    If you're doing GCSE's, it's a bit early for you to be thinking about all of this. Chill out a bit. Anyway, it's called the sixth term examination paper, so it's sat in the sixth term, i.e: along with your A2's. You do the exam where you normally do your A2's, most likely your school. The centre provides the centre, not sure what you're asking there.
    Oh I'm getting my results next week so I'm just starting to prepare my life decision ahaha. Oh ok! Thank you
    And I was asking whether the exam is only provided at a different centre or can it be done with your school. Sorry the wording was terrible!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mpaterson)
    Got 1's, thanks for all the help lads & ladies
    Ladies is 'ladettes'

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Ladies is 'ladettes'

Posted from TSR Mobile
    "Lads and lasses" it should be

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.