Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Presenting next week. I'm hoping to start it off with a good joke.
    Unfortunately the amount of jokes there are about CO2 abatement in China using hydroelectric power and CCS is rather limited =p

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 24DJF)
    How does everyone go about making notes? Especially arts students, say after you read an academic journal or a chapter of a book, how do you make your own notes and make sure it's in your own words?
    I made a table and put the main arguments in and any counter arguments, sometimes i just took a quote from it

mine's on law though

ReputationRep:
    Im doing mine on Aid and development.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paramore<3)
    Trying to narrow down my question - I am interested in East Asia (Japan, Korea, China) and possibly incorporating geography, as these are what I would be interested in studying at university.

I'm trying to think of a title now, at the moment I have something like: "Is the expansion of Korean pop culture a credible example of East Asian expansion, or just another case of Westernisation?"
    Is this too narrow/broad? Does it sound convincing, haha...

For geography, I was thinking of doing something on ENSO (El Nino) - can't think of a succint yet researchable question though!?

Any other ideas gratefully received!

omg i saw this and could've screamed. i wanted to do mine on kpop SO MUCH, its like the thing im most interested in right
    so i go to my epq teacher and told him, and he said that my idea on kpop (you know the whole popularity, getting paid too little thing) is too narrow and id have to do something else

so now im TOTALLY lost, i have no idea what to do it on, like i was betting on my kpop idea but now i dont even know :|

ReputationRep:
    anyone have any good questions that I could do on the English Civil War?

ReputationRep:
    Presenting this Wednesday. Tricky to cut my presentation down top the 5 minutes that the school demands, especially when the title alone takes up a good 40 seconds or so :')

ReputationRep:
    Presenting tomorrow and handing in everything! Argh

ReputationRep:
    Well I wanted to do mine on Yiddish's influence on American English........ My EPQ tutor wouldn't let me because she is convinced Yiddish is only spoken in New York and that there is no influence. I have books on this. So. Annoyed.

So now I am going to do it on abortion. Grr.

ReputationRep:
    Yay finally finished, handed it in today

ReputationRep:
    If anyone if doing the EPQ as part of AQA Bacc, do you know who marks the Enrichment Diary? I know we need to have at least 100 hours across all 3 or at least 50 on just 2 sections but how is it actually moderated? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Finished with it today, what a relief

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cellar Door)
    I'm hoping to finish my literature review by the end of next week, I've written 1600 words so far and I think it'll end up between 3000 and 4000.

Most people at my school write about 8000, I thought that was normal :P One guy last year got to 14000

I'm doing mine on rights for Artificial Intelligences from a philosophical and scientific point of view because I don't know anything about legal stuff...

Because it's a fairly new topic, I've only got two books (one on animal rights - I severely dislike Peter Singer so far, grrrrrrr) and loads of articles off the internet and JSTOR.

Although I love it, really interesting
    Wow, it sounds like we're doing more or less the same essay! :O

Well, mine isn't about AI rights, it's more a philosophical discussion of specific types of intelligence in machines with case studies and science thrown in, but I digress. AI is really interesting, especially the philosophical side!

Got 2200 words which I did in the summer but I'm finding it pretty difficult to start up again. Got until May, though, so no need to panic yet.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing mine on Dementia and how it is treated. But I'm a little worried, because I'm briefly covering nerve cells to explain the symptoms of Dementia (by briefly I mean about a paragraph or less on them), but they're also covered in my Biology A Level.

Am I allowed to do this? :confused: Help please??
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by PunkiePenguin)
    I'm doing mine on Dementia and how it is treated. But I'm a little worried, because I'm briefly covering nerve cells to explain the symptoms of Dementia (by briefly I mean about a paragraph or less on them), but they're also covered in my Biology A Level.

Am I allowed to do this? :confused: Help please??
    Confirm this with your coordinator at your institution, you aren't meant to have an EPQ which is too in-line with what you are learning because it's meant to be an independent task. However, I cannot see a paragraph being a problem.

ReputationRep:
    I really really need help with mine...
    I want to do something based on climate change (as in the present C02 etc, not past climate change), but the past two questions that I was set on doing were turned down by my teacher as they weren't enough of a question...
    Can anyone please suggest questions at me? I can think of topics, I just have no idea how to phrase them as a question?
    I don't think I even want to do the project, as i have no time, but its on my ucas and PS now, so i guess there's no turning back:/
    Any help would be really appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I need some help with my EPQ. I want it to be realted to the islamic/arabian golden age. Could someone give me some ideas as to what my question should be, does it need to be very specifice. And how should i structure the EPQ. I am doing this on my own so any help will be very apprectiated.

ReputationRep:
    My EPQ is on the importance of green chemistry. Are citations etc. included in the 5000 word count?

ReputationRep:
    Starting mine now (late I know, I just finally decided to drop English Literature!) Mine's "to what extent is spirituality an integral part of theatre".

Anyone else doing a drama dissertation EPQ?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the AQA EPQ,and I cannot find the exemplar material I need.
    I was shown a full project (with the research review,discussion,abstract,evalu ation etc), but now I can't find it on their site.It was based on the effectiveness of wind farms and was probably an A/B grade. If anyone can find the link for me it would be much apprecciated!

OR if you have a link for another good exemplar than that would also be useful? I have looked at extracts but I want to see the full thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lollage123)
    My EPQ is on the importance of green chemistry. Are citations etc. included in the 5000 word count?
    no citations are not included in the word account

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.