Film Fanatics Society - Chat Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Ape Gone Insane
Badges: 15
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
test post

The Shawshank Redemption (1994, Frank Darabont)
Pulp Fiction (1994, Quentin Tarantino)
Forrest Gump (1994, Robert Zemeckis)
The Dark Knight (2008, Christopher Nolan)
Lord of the Rings (2001-2003, Peter Jackson)
Ape Gone Insane
(Original post by unknownking321)
You need another group leader to reduce your work load. :yes:
This task doesn't involve group leaders.

I really do wish we could have more than one group leader though, current system is stupid.
unknownking321
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Roobsa)
I know that Noel Clarke tends to stick around the same theme (youth culture in London) but I honestly thought 4321 was good! It kept me entertained for its duration which is what I was hoping. Some sexy scenes with Kerrys though. :coma:
Oops, I forgot the word "but" in my original post.

It kept me entertained but I can't see myself watching it again for a very long time. Some sexy scenes .....and then some gripping scenes like when the girl, who's name I can't remember, shows the scars on her arms .....followed by some girls doing some kung fu. Like Clarke's Kidulthood.
unknownking321
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
This task doesn't involve group leaders.

I really do wish we could have more than one group leader though, current system is stupid.
I know; I'm not a fool. :pierre:

Time to watch 'How to lose friends and alienate people'.
Ape Gone Insane
I know; I'm not a fool. :pierre:

Time to watch 'How to lose friends and alienate people'.
:pierre:

Hidden meanings. :holmes:
unknownking321
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
:pierre:

Hidden meanings. :holmes:
I attempted to become Derren Brown for a minute and get myself assigned as a Leader. I failed. :getmecoat:
Roobsa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Oops, I forgot the word "but" in my original post.

It kept me entertained but I can't see myself watching it again for a very long time. Some sexy scenes .....and then some gripping scenes like when the girl, who's name I can't remember, shows the scars on her arms .....followed by some girls doing some kung fu. Like Clarke's Kidulthood.
That kung fu thing would have been OK if it wasn't Zoe from Eastenders.
Ape Gone Insane
I am exhausted but it's done: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...php?p=28363004

No doubt there will be now a influx of people whining about the movies that made it/did not make it.
unknownking321
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I am exhausted but it's done: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...php?p=28363004

No doubt there will be now a influx of people whining about the movies that made it/did not make it.
Excellent job, Comrade. :yy: Though, 'tis unknownking321.
S-man10
Badges: 18
Report 8 years ago
Link to the thread that Phalanges created, and have you forgotten me? :hmmm:

In all honesty however, I think its a bad idea to include the Top 20 lists of members. Seeing as we have many active members. And its a bit arrogant feeling if you are not a member.

Therefore what I would suggest is that you take the members lists into account, and add them to the main list. There are bound to be some common films.
Ape Gone Insane
Excellent job, Comrade. :yy: Though, 'tis unknownking321.
Fixed.
Ape Gone Insane
(Original post by S-man10)
Link to the thread that Phalanges created, and have you forgotten me? :hmmm:

In all honesty however, I think its a bad idea to include the Top 20 lists of members. Seeing as we have many active members. And its a bit arrogant feeling if you are not a member.

Therefore what I would suggest is that you take the members lists into account, and add them to the main list. There are bound to be some common films.
Did you submit a list?

I will be implementing Phalanges' idea of "if you want to add a movie, get it seconded etc" but that whole PM system is too complicated (it seems) and won't really stick with the masses.

It probably is a bad idea but I am inclined (for now) to let it stay. There are common films which I will omit tomorrow because I've done this for a while now and am tired.

They are some obscure movies that won't be fair if added to the main list (which is "the" list). Many good films were omitted from the master list due to lack of votes but have made it onto the OP thanks to the member lists.

I'll take the member lists down if people don't like them that much.
Seanisonfire
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Did you submit a list?

I will be implementing Phalanges' idea of "if you want to add a movie, get it seconded etc" but that whole PM system is too complicated (it seems) and won't really stick with the masses.

It probably is a bad idea but I am inclined (for now) to let it stay. There are common films which I will omit tomorrow because I've done this for a while now and am tired.

They are some obscure movies that won't be fair if added to the main list (which is "the" list). Many good films were omitted from the master list due to lack of votes but have made it onto the OP thanks to the member lists.

Uhh....seasonisonfire?
Seanisonfire
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
channy's list is well pretentious
Ape Gone Insane
(Original post by Seanisonfire)
Uhh....seasonisonfire?
Fixed.

Spoiler:
Show
Reduced brain capacity. :emo:
S-man10
Badges: 18
Report 8 years ago
Did you submit a list?

It probably is a bad idea but I am inclined (for now) to let it stay. There are common films which I will omit tomorrow because I've done this for a while now.

Not at the moment. I forwarded the Phalanges' PM to you. Did you get it?

Its not complicated tbh. Its just that, the masses are a bunch of lazy ****s.

I don't think you have to do it now though. It is a bit up yours to display you own lists. You don't have to take them down, rather mix them up with the original list. Like say, if a film in the recommendations thread only got recommended once, then obviously it was not included. But if that same film has been included in a members' list, then its safe to say that it has been seconded, and therefore should be put on the main list. Do you get my point?

Also, I would clean up the OP a bit. And I might help you out with the genre thing if I get enough time.

To be honest, the obscure films not being included was the main idea behind the list. This is supposed to be our list.
Seanisonfire
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Fixed.

Spoiler:
Show
Reduced brain capacity. :emo:
It's cool man, I can see you've put a lot of work into this. Uber respect.
Madjackismad
Badges: 13
Report 8 years ago
Baby likes to ****! Baby likes to **** blue velvet!
Ape Gone Insane
(Original post by S-man10)
Not at the moment. I forwarded the Phalanges' PM to you. Did you get it?

Its not complicated tbh. Its just that, the masses are a bunch of lazy ****s.
Hence why it wouldn't really work.

I don't think you have to do it now though. It is a bit up yours to display you own lists. You don't have to take them down, rather mix them up with the original list. Like say, if a film in the recommendations thread only got recommended once, then obviously it was not included. But if that same film has been included in a members' list, then its safe to say that it has been seconded, and therefore should be put on the main list. Do you get my point?
Will think on this. Already spent too much time on this.

Also, I would clean up the OP a bit. And I might help you out with the genre thing if I get enough time.
Cool. :yy:

Time is something I don't have atm.

To be honest, the obscure films not being included was the main idea behind the list. This is supposed to be our list.
Not to the extent, that the same, widely known, films are the only ones on the list. It is meant to be a recommendations thread (for people looking for new movies) and the presumption is that most people have already seen the ones on the list (at least the highest ranking ones ). We don't want to adhere too much to "critic's lists" nor do we want to exclude the obscure gems of cinema which have the potential to be popular but have just escaped people's minds.

Besides, these lists are only half the purpose of the thread.
Madjackismad
Badges: 13
Report 8 years ago
Ape! Just noticed Inland Empire there on your list. What did you think of the ending and credits? Creeped me right out, especially the credits. :afraid:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (257)
26.97%
No (696)
73.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise