Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

• Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by bubble999)
    It's so weirdly simple yet clever.

Oh yeah, they were also terrifying - but since I have watched them a lot, I don't find them too bad anymore. Maybe I need to grow a pair and face Midnight, and watch it :afraid:
    Midinght was good :yep: Scary too :yep: Along with the other ones you guys mentioned and the Vashta Nerada ones, them shadows that eat things :teehee:

10th Doctor Eps were the best :yep:

Oh I forgot, Empty Child, that was quite scary too, watched it at school in year 6 :moon: "Where's my mummy?" :afraid:
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Black Rose)
    Midinght was good :yep: Scary too :yep: Along with the other ones you guys mentioned and the Vashta Nerada ones, them shadows that eat things :teehee:

10th Doctor Eps were the best :yep:

Oh I forgot, Empty Child, that was quite scary too, watched it at school in year 6 :moon: "Where's my mummy?" :afraid:
    I've concluded it is the scariest one, simply because you never know what it was... and fear of the unknown and all :afraid:

Agreed! Tennant was the best :moon:

Paha, used to say it to my mum to freak her out :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Tennant was definitely my favourite, though I found 9 charming in a way. I feel like I would have liked 11 a lot more if I wasn't so frustrated by most of his storylines. I'm really looking forward to twelve. It seems like he's really going to be different to the other doctors of the new series.

ReputationRep:
    Okay guys I went to see the ''Deep Breath preview'' at the BFI southbank and I can safely say that Capaldi is an absolutely fantastic doctor who fits the role alongside Jenna perfectly, we got to see the whole episode in a cinema packed full of whovians which was amazing, plus a q&a with the entire cast and then Peter Capaldi came out and took pictures, signed autographs with the fans. It was a shame Jenna just ran for her car but eh, can you really blame her when Rob Stark was the man at the wheel?

There's also a nice little reference to a previous standalone tennant episode, keep your eyes peeled, I was like ''I remember this!''

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kramium)
    Okay guys I went to see the ''Deep Breath preview'' at the BFI southbank and I can safely say that Capaldi is an absolutely fantastic doctor who fits the role alongside Jenna perfectly, we got to see the whole episode in a cinema packed full of whovians which was amazing, plus a q&a with the entire cast and then Peter Capaldi came out and took pictures, signed autographs with the fans. It was a shame Jenna just ran for her car but eh, can you really blame her when Rob Stark was the man at the wheel?

There's also a nice little reference to a previous standalone tennant episode, keep your eyes peeled, I was like ''I remember this!''
    I'm excited now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 99DeadBaboons)
    I'm excited now
    It's also extremely witty, so there's less Matt Smith humour but in return there's more intelligent/situational humour which is great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kramium)
    It's also extremely witty, so there's less Matt Smith humour but in return there's more intelligent/situational humour which is great
    Awesome!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else watched the fan-made opening sequence that the new one is based on? I think it looks awful.

ReputationRep:
    If anyone is thinking of staying up to watch the live stream, it's at 12PM not AM. Come back in 12 hours :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    Turn Left/Blink were both good, as has been mentioned. Personally was a huge fan of Midnight too.
    Turn Left is one of my absolute favourites!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeywimey)
    If anyone is thinking of staying up to watch the live stream, it's at 12PM not AM. Come back in 12 hours :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There was a live stream? Of what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    There was a live stream? Of what?
    Of the panel in Seoul

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VladThe1mpaler)
    Anyone else watched the fan-made opening sequence that the new one is based on? I think it looks awful.

I love it. Very Burton-esque, which I think suits the hide-behind-the-sofa feel of the show pretty well. I also love the use of cogs to represent time. It makes a change from the time vortex and does exactly the same job as it anyway.

You can find the official one on YouTube. It's very similar, apart from a couple of elements which haven't been included by the BBC. I have a feeling the official version is going to go down as the best so far.

Possible cast spoilers

Spoiler:
    Show
    Jenna rumoured to leave at Christmas. :indiff: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...octor-Who.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    Possible cast spoilers

Spoiler:
    Show
    Jenna rumoured to leave at Christmas. :indiff: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...octor-Who.html
    I heard about that.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    it would make sense as part of the story line, I guess. And explains the addition of Samuel Anderson to the cast. Another Micky?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Possible cast spoilers

Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show

Yet to be confirmed, but it's certainly plausible. I haven't fallen in love with her like I did with the other companions - I got to like her more as time went on but something about her just didn't quite ring true.

My pick for next companion - 2 friends, 1 male and 1 female, and NO ROMANCE PLEASE.
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Welcome Squad
    Possible cast spoilers

Spoiler:
    Show
    Ooh, I saw this.

Spoiler:
    Show
    don't feel like I've got to know and love Clara yet - wanted a bit longer. Ah well, shall be fub to see what happens

ReputationRep:
    Possible cast spoilers

Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    She's not. They have to announce cast leaving beforehand so their agents know of their availability. Steven Moffat has said so before in interviews.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unibuster325)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    She's not. They have to announce cast leaving beforehand so their agents know of their availability. Steven Moffat has said so before in interviews.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    There's nothing to say that they haven't discussed this! They might be keeping it secret if it's a plot spoiler... Still not sure whether it's true but it's not impossible!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubble999)
    Ooh, I saw this.

Spoiler:
    Show
    don't feel like I've got to know and love Clara yet - wanted a bit longer. Ah well, shall be fub to see what happens
    Not really a spoiler any more but...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Have you re-watched series 7? I only ask because I felt exactly that way after watching them on TV but I recently re-watched them all and I feel like I didn't give her enough of a chance - her story isn't fantastic but she's much more rounded than I thought at first. I'm warming to her :p:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.