Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    You cannot be serious :rofl:

Higuain is not a false 9 and will never be able to play that position. He is a traditional striker,his link up play isn't as good as the likes of RVP. This has even lead to Mourinho choosing Benzema over Higuain at Madrid because Benzema is more capable technically and getting the players around him in the game.
    Tbf this season higuain has been chosen in the bigger games due to benzema's poor form. Point still stands though. Balague even said that ronaldo prefers playing with benzema as he's more hardworking and better at linking up, even though higuain will get you more goals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Tbf this season higuain has been chosen in the bigger games due to benzema's poor form. Point still stands though. Balague even said that ronaldo prefers playing with benzema as he's more hardworking and better at linking up, even though higuain will get you more goals.
    Yeah I get what you mean. Both of them have been shocking this season tbh, to the point Mourinho was considering playing Ronaldo at CF against United. I have a feeling Madrid will buy Cavani.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Yeah I get what you mean. Both of them have been shocking this season tbh, to the point Mourinho was considering playing Ronaldo at CF against United. I have a feeling Madrid will buy Cavani.
    Yeah, I think madrid will get at least one big signing this summer, not in the modric mould but an established world class/close to world class player in the under ronaldo tier, bale, cavani. I don't know why they haven't gone for lewandowski though... would slot in pretty seamlessly. Or they could do a player for player swap in gomez when higuain leaves and keep faith in benzema.

Madrids transfer policy is somewhat interesting. They sustain their team in buying big players and getting the sales from those big name players... they don't even need them.

ReputationRep:
    Surely juve wont sign Higuain + Jovetic as well as Llorente? Theyd be shipping 300k/week as well as 50m on a 3 strikers for a team that ran away with the title?

would love Higuain, he's about as good as we can hope to attract.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Surely juve wont sign Higuain + Jovetic as well as Llorente? Theyd be shipping 300k/week as well as 50m on a 3 strikers for a team that ran away with the title?

Woow woot! someone who actually wants Higuain at Arsenal. True what you said though; there's no way Juve can or want to sign all those strikers. The rumour mills are just spinning hard is all. Lets keep our fingers crossed and hope Venga get ones. :borat:

ReputationRep:
    The jovetic juve talk is probably just his agent trying to put more stories out to generate interest like all the arsenal stuff this time last week was, he seems desperate to try and get a move and is doing it in the media

ReputationRep:

Llorente was on a free, and probably wont take up too much in terms of wages. CEO of Juve, Marotta has come out with 'Jovetic as first choice, Tevez back up and Higuain is independent of the two'. Jovetic is reported to have agreed terms of 5m euro a year and his price will most likely be reduced quite a bit with the inclusion of some Juve squad players. Higuain, I'd imagine would be something similar (if GdS is to be believed, 4.5m euro a year). It's not the league they're worried about. It's the CL that's more important now and also easing the burden on the midfield which has had to chip in with far too many goals due to misfiring strikers. Anyway, only way a top team can remain at the top is by constantly making additions and improving the squad.

Out of the 2 linked with Arsenal though, I'd have definitely liked to see Jovetic in red and white over Higuain. Offers so much more and would fit in better in our system, as well as involving others in play in a way that Higuain so often doesn't.

ReputationRep:
    It's a shame Jovetic is going to Juve...he's the only player that we've been linked to that has genuinely excited me (except Cesc, of course).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.Star)
    It's a shame Jovetic is going to Juve...he's the only player that we've been linked to that has genuinely excited me (except Cesc, of course).
    (Original post by WhatamIdoing)
    Llorente was on a free, and probably wont take up too much in terms of wages. CEO of Juve, Marotta has come out with 'Jovetic as first choice, Tevez back up and Higuain is independent of the two'. Jovetic is reported to have agreed terms of 5m euro a year and his price will most likely be reduced quite a bit with the inclusion of some Juve squad players.
    Regarding the Jovetic situation don't read into papers too much. I doubt Jovetic to Juve is a done deal.

http://metro.co.uk/tag/stevan-jovetic/ So much contradicting BS floating around, its best to wait on official confirmation

ReputationRep:
    Tommy V on about staying

'I’m happy at Arsenal. I didn’t play much and that was frustrating, but things can turn around quickly,' he told Ad.nl.
    'I was on the bench, but I could just as quickly be playing again. I’m working hard to make that happen.
    'These are things that happen in professional football. Arsenal are a great club where there is a lot of competition.'

good news

ReputationRep:
    Speaking to a few people at the AST meeting last Monday, it seems that we're not even that interested in Jovetic. We made an enquiry, they came back with an extortionate figure and we have looked elsewhere.

We're even considering Rooney more seriously than Jovetic.

No idea why the media has created such a whirlwind about Jovetic but as of last week, we're not trying to sign him at all.

ReputationRep:
    Good attitude from Vermaelen. Will be difficult for him to regain his place though, Per-Kos is by far our best CB partnership. Verm will have to up his game significantly to have any chance of displacing either of them imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhiteRiot)
    Speaking to a few people at the AST meeting last Monday, it seems that we're not even that interested in Jovetic. We made an enquiry, they came back with an extortionate figure and we have looked elsewhere.

We're even considering Rooney more seriously than Jovetic.

No idea why the media has created such a whirlwind about Jovetic but as of last week, we're not trying to sign him at all.
    His agent is making noise to the media trying to drum up interest I bet thats what this Juve talk is as well

ReputationRep:
    People seen Thierry Henry's recent interview? Only getting the pieces being fed to me by Sky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dami_O)
    People seen Thierry Henry's recent interview? Only getting the pieces being fed to me by Sky.
    Yeah saw a few clips as well, basically just mugged Spurs off royally and then waxed off about Arsene. Nothing groundbreaking.

Would love to hear his thoughts on RVP though.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah saw a few clips as well, basically just mugged Spurs off royally and then waxed off about Arsene. Nothing groundbreaking.

Would love to hear his thoughts on RVP though.
    Haha, I'd like to hear that too, not sure he'd say what he really wants to say though...

Apparently he wasn't too impressed with the 4th place celebrations. I was okay with it before, but if the King has qualms, so do i, haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dami_O)
    Haha, I'd like to hear that too, not sure he'd say what he really wants to say though...

Apparently he wasn't too impressed with the 4th place celebrations. I was okay with it before, but if the King has qualms, so do i, haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've seen the interview, he basically said that's if you're a true Gunner then it's O.K. to celebrate keeping Spurs out of the top 4, something he celebrated in 2006, and that coming top 4 shouldn't be celebrated in itself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DH1')
    Because Lewandowski prefers Bayern and rightly so. Not many big players from the Bundesliga get sold to Real/Barca. Last notable one was Ozil.
    Doesn't stop them from making a bid? It's better them giving him a big deal than basically paying absolute mega bucks for cavani, especially when lewandowski will garner just as much or more attention than cavani would.

ReputationRep:
    podolski already scored 2 for germany..

ReputationRep:
    Its gonna be a long summer brahs ffs i may have to stay away from this thread until august

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.