Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Second ever dance lesson today and been told I can probably take my grade 1 next week. :woo: Given me a little bit more confidence

ReputationRep:
    Hi, newbie to this thread here.
    Next week I'm going to my first therapy session to talk about my anxiety.
    It started early this year when I had some issues with a couple of ex-friends, flared up again around exams and it seems to have stayed. Gets to the point where I can't eat and I'm constantly breathing fast and my heart rate is sky high, and nausea 24/7 I'm not sure why, my life is pretty awesome at the moment, school is quite chilled out.. Maybe it's because we're talking about choosing unis etc.
    I have noticed that I seem to panic a lot about unlikely things such as "what if my dad gets cancer" "what if my mum dies in a car crash today". It's tiring
    Sometimes in lessons or on the school bus I feel like I'm about to have a panic attack, but I manage to suppress it. I'm currently trying to figure out what the triggers are.

I tried propranolol during my exams so I could at least eat something in the morning, it worked really well. I ran out of it, but I want to try sorting out my anxiety without medication first before going back to my GP.
    Any advice? Breathing techniques etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PonchoKid)
    i can a bit, but will most likely be overwhelmed, and just want to run away...
    its a girlguiding festival, i can get somewhere quiet, but also need to be around to look after the unit im with...

mines lack of sleep, lack of concentration, and just generally blanking out, my vision goes blurry and i lose track of the world...

thanks, yeah this weather is horrible

im going to a big guiding festival this weekend for about 300 people...
    Nice one, hope you have a great time and make sure you have a rest at times :yep: :hugs:

(Original post by ANONYM00SE)
    Second ever dance lesson today and been told I can probably take my grade 1 next week. :woo: Given me a little bit more confidence
    :woo: That is great :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avhhs)
    Nice one, hope you have a great time and make sure you have a rest at times :yep: :hugs:

:woo: That is great :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In a bit of a mess tonight. :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avhhs)
    hopefully it should be good, just pannicing about it all...

hooray the paranoia is kicking in again. really gonna struggle this next week i think

ReputationRep:
    :cry2: :no::sigh::erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I prefer this one

What's up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I prefer this one

What's up?
    Cant do it. Cant do any of it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Well I'd say today was rather good. I think I'm feeling a little more depressed or something at the moment but I'm pushing through it. I'm hoping its just having a bit of a downer and I'll be fine later. It's not got too bad at the moment so I guess it's probably just a little stress from the stuff going on right now.
    There is some stuff going on with my friends though that has got me a bit worried. One of my friends probably has some sort of OCD. They went to the docs today and they told them "work out what's real and just don't do the rituals" (seriously!) they told them to come back in three months and I think that's really long seeing as I think they're getting worse if anything. I told them to try to get a referral to a psychiatrist this week since it will take like 2 months to actually see the psychiatrist anyway. I think they plan to do that and look at some more advice online so that's good.

Another one of my friends (not one I'm hugely close to but close to some of my better friends) is acting really strange and apparently feeling suicidal. They've apparently lied about loads of stuff before so my friend is worried they're lying just to make them feel pity for them. We're both deciding to treat it as serious though until we actually know. The plan is to try to get them to see a doc soon cos it may be to do with meds or something and it just a good idea anyway. But obviously it's kinda down to them to do that, all we can do is encourage them. so that's kinda awkward to say the least and its obviously got my friend rather down since they're close. Hopefully it will be fine in the end. I think we're dealing with it quite well though. I definitely feel more prepared for things like this than I have in the past. I guess now I've gone through some of the steps I know better what to do and how to handle it

Anyway how is everybody else doing? Hope you're all doing fine. I'll try to check up on some other posts in a bit. :hugs: for all!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coco_madem0iselle)
    Hi, newbie to this thread here.
    Next week I'm going to my first therapy session to talk about my anxiety.
    It started early this year when I had some issues with a couple of ex-friends, flared up again around exams and it seems to have stayed. Gets to the point where I can't eat and I'm constantly breathing fast and my heart rate is sky high, and nausea 24/7 I'm not sure why, my life is pretty awesome at the moment, school is quite chilled out.. Maybe it's because we're talking about choosing unis etc.
    I have noticed that I seem to panic a lot about unlikely things such as "what if my dad gets cancer" "what if my mum dies in a car crash today". It's tiring
    Sometimes in lessons or on the school bus I feel like I'm about to have a panic attack, but I manage to suppress it. I'm currently trying to figure out what the triggers are.

I tried propranolol during my exams so I could at least eat something in the morning, it worked really well. I ran out of it, but I want to try sorting out my anxiety without medication first before going back to my GP.
    Any advice? Breathing techniques etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :hi: Welcome! It's really good that you're going to get therapy - it should help with the more irrational side of things you mention, such as your parents becoming seriously ill or dying :console: A combination of coping techniques and meds can really help with anxiety. There's also diazepam which can be taken occasionally to limit anxiety in particularly stressful situations. Trying to get to the bottom of potential triggers is also a good idea. If you feel like you might have a panic attack, taking breaths which are as slow and long as possible is ideal, as well as trying to get some fresh air and some space too. Having a reassuring friend there to keep you calm can be helpful, but obviously not always possible. Try to keep as calm as possible and know that it will eventually pass is also key to reducing the time in and intensity. I hope you're able to have more control over your anxiety soon :hugs:

Woo! Congratulations :woo:

:hugs: Hope you're okay, and the camping goes okay :console: :grouphugs:

ReputationRep:
    Cant do it. Cant do any of it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes you can!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 08batee)
    :hi: Welcome! It's really good that you're going to get therapy - it should help with the more irrational side of things you mention, such as your parents becoming seriously ill or dying :console: A combination of coping techniques and meds can really help with anxiety. There's also diazepam which can be taken occasionally to limit anxiety in particularly stressful situations. Trying to get to the bottom of potential triggers is also a good idea. If you feel like you might have a panic attack, taking breaths which are as slow and long as possible is ideal, as well as trying to get some fresh air and some space too. Having a reassuring friend there to keep you calm can be helpful, but obviously not always possible. Try to keep as calm as possible and know that it will eventually pass is also key to reducing the time in and intensity. I hope you're able to have more control over your anxiety soon :hugs:

Woo! Congratulations :woo:

:hugs: Hope you're okay, and the camping goes okay :console: :grouphugs:
    (Original post by danny111)
    Yes you can!
    Im currently sat in the corner of my room on my bed hiding from my boyfriend on skype because iv been sobbing uncontrolably under my duvet while having to hold onto my body tightly to know im still here :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm doing ok :hugs:. Had a great time at the prom yesterday and today wasn't bad either. Just gotta find stuff to fill up my time

hopefully it should be good, just pannicing about it all...

hooray the paranoia is kicking in again. really gonna struggle this next week i think
    Oh no :console: dunno what to say other than try and stay calm and you can do this! :yep: :jumphug:

................................ ...........................

I didn't take any pics yesterday but other people obviously did and I've just seen 3 awkward pics of myself (I don't care about them really as I'm clearly enjoying myself , better than how awkward my 2011 prom pics looked, those were as if someone had forced me to attend and I was pissed off )

ReputationRep:
    Im currently sat in the corner of my room on my bed hiding from my boyfriend on skype because iv been sobbing uncontrolably under my duvet while having to hold onto my body tightly to know im still here :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :hugs: it's okay sweetie, as soon as you feel able to talk we can and im gonna make sure you're okay cause I love you so so much okay! :lovehug:

just hope you are gonna be okay!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well that's no good! You have no teddy bears to hug?!?!? I hug my favourite one from time to time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    Well that's no good! You have no teddy bears to hug?!?!? I hug my favourite one from time to time
    I have a bed full but its hard to explain. I need to hide away from everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :jumphug: Sorry to hear that, hun. That doesn't sound good at all :/ Is there any way you can get out of this girlguiding trip if you wanted or felt you needed to? To give yourself some rest? :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avhhs)
    Yeah I'm doing ok :hugs:. Had a great time at the prom yesterday and today wasn't bad either. Just gotta find stuff to fill up my time

Oh no :console: dunno what to say other than try and stay calm and you can do this! :yep: :jumphug:

................................ ...........................

I didn't take any pics yesterday but other people obviously did and I've just seen 3 awkward pics of myself (I don't care about them really as I'm clearly enjoying myself , better than how awkward my 2011 prom pics looked, those were as if someone had forced me to attend and I was pissed off )
    Glad you had a nice time :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 08batee)
    :jumphug: Sorry to hear that, hun. That doesn't sound good at all :/ Is there any way you can get out of this girlguiding trip if you wanted or felt you needed to? To give yourself some rest? :console:
    Yes and no... My mum would lnow somethings up as im going with her so shed probably me rather be there...
    I cant stop crying. I need to hide from everyone so i dont hurt anyone

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.