Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Who else has applied for History and Politics? Personally I applied for HPOL at Trinity. It'd be interesting to see who else applied for HPOL!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by not you)
    Sounds like Hutchie
    And yeah I don't think the Advanced stuff is too different, especially given that my maths teacher is essentially teaching us with the old course textbooks but with some handwritten notes on the new parts. Although I've been looking at GCSE stuff for BMAT and I've found some stuff that's taught in Advanced Higher, like mechanisms in chemistry and moments in physics

I've got Edinburgh, Glasgow, Imperial and Oxford down as my medical schools and Imperial biochemistry as well, you can probably tell I'd rather go down to England even if it's not free.
    Where else did you apply then?
    Hey! I was just stalking the thread and saw that our options are so similar: mine are Oxford, Edinburgh, Imperial and Bristol for med, and then Edinburgh biochem! You have good taste. Anyway, good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Everyone taking the TSA should head over to http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...3481957&page=7 - not a lot going on there and I think we are all a bit lost - though maybe thats just my own incompetence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lainathiel)
    Hey! I was just stalking the thread and saw that our options are so similar: mine are Oxford, Edinburgh, Imperial and Bristol for med, and then Edinburgh biochem! You have good taste. Anyway, good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, hopefully we'll both get into Oxford then

How did your UKCAT go? Just wondering since you've got Edinburgh, who love a high UKCAT, and Bristol, who don't use UKCAT at all.

ReputationRep:
    I know a couple of sciencey people who have already got offers from other unis, do unis prioritise science offers?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by learner248)
    I know a couple of sciencey people who have already got offers from other unis, do unis prioritise science offers?
    Decisions are made by departments, not a central body so no, I don't think it's that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by not you)
    Sounds like Hutchie
    And yeah I don't think the Advanced stuff is too different, especially given that my maths teacher is essentially teaching us with the old course textbooks but with some handwritten notes on the new parts. Although I've been looking at GCSE stuff for BMAT and I've found some stuff that's taught in Advanced Higher, like mechanisms in chemistry and moments in physics

I've got Edinburgh, Glasgow, Imperial and Oxford down as my medical schools and Imperial biochemistry as well, you can probably tell I'd rather go down to England even if it's not free.
    Where else did you apply then?
    Haha not Hutchie. West end.

I applied to Oxford, St Andrews, York, Edinburgh and Glasgow for Biochemistry. I think I'd like to stay in Scotland (I love Scottish culture) but I'm not too fussed - wherever can get me the best education.

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I'm an international applicant from India.

GCSEs: didn't do them (did a local board, my aggregate over six marked subjects was 91.8% with all A's in the electives)
    AS (achieved): AAAB (physics, maths, english language, chemistry)
    A2 (predicted): A*A*A (physics, maths, chemistry)
    Course: Engineering H100
    College: Open Application

I'm not confident about getting in here and not too keen on general engineering either, but my parents told me to chance it so here I am.

ReputationRep:
    Hi all!
    Course: Medicine
    College: Oriel (A firm favourite when I visited!)
    GCSE: 7A*3A
    AS-level: AAAC (Chemistry, Physics, Maths, Further Maths respectively)
    A-level: A* (Biology, achieved Y11), Chemistry (A*, predicted), Maths (A*, predicted), Physics (A, predicted)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cadherin)
    Hi all!
    Course: Medicine
    College: Oriel (A firm favourite when I visited!)
    GCSE: 7A*3A
    AS-level: AAAC (Chemistry, Physics, Maths, Further Maths respectively)
    A-level: A* (Biology, achieved Y11), Chemistry (A*, predicted), Maths (A*, predicted), Physics (A, predicted)
    Great college choice!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theonetruequeen)
    Hey! I'm an international applicant from India.

GCSEs: didn't do them (did a local board, my aggregate over six marked subjects was 91.8% with all A's in the electives)
    AS (achieved): AAAB (physics, maths, english language, chemistry)
    A2 (predicted): A*A*A (physics, maths, chemistry)
    Course: Engineering H100
    College: Open Application

I'm not confident about getting in here and not too keen on general engineering either, but my parents told me to chance it so here I am.
    Hey, I'm Indian but I'm a UK resident applying for Engineering! I'm not too keen on general either, and the Oxford course really doesn't appeal to me (neither does the Cambridge one that much) so my main goal is Imperial for mechanical, but this is worth a shot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JennieRDS)

I applied to Oxford, St Andrews, York, Edinburgh and Glasgow for Biochemistry. I think I'd like to stay in Scotland (I love Scottish culture) but I'm not too fussed - wherever can get me the best education.
    Hey! I've applied to to Oxford, St Andrews and Edinburgh too for biochem! I loved St Andrews on the open day I attended - it seemed so peaceful and calm. What college have you applied to?

Also does anyone know when the offers for interviews start to come out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aasvogel)
    Great college choice!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks

Really is set in a lovely part of town as well, off the main drag.

Worried I won't stand a chance with my GCSEs for med though. Looking over the 2014 admissions stats is scary...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    Hey, I'm Indian but I'm a UK resident applying for Engineering! I'm not too keen on general either, and the Oxford course really doesn't appeal to me (neither does the Cambridge one that much) so my main goal is Imperial for mechanical, but this is worth a shot
    Hi Cambridge was out for me once I lost out on the A in chemistry, but yeah, as you said Oxford is worth a shot. My ideal uni is probably UCL for civil since they have loads of environmental eng options and I loved the campus atmosphere when I visited but if I luck out on Imperial it'll be really difficult to choose for sure.

Where else are you applying? Any offers yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theonetruequeen)
    Hi Cambridge was out for me once I lost out on the A in chemistry, but yeah, as you said Oxford is worth a shot. My ideal uni is probably UCL for civil since they have loads of environmental eng options and I loved the campus atmosphere when I visited but if I luck out on Imperial it'll be really difficult to choose for sure.

Where else are you applying? Any offers yet?
    I couldn't really apply to Cambridge because my ums average across my sciences was 91.4% which I don't think would be enough to see me through, but Oxford is still fantastic.

I'm applying to Bristol, Sheffield and Edinburgh along with Oxford and Imperial. Nope, no offers yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JennieRDS)

To be honest I was thinking about St Andrews over Glasgow but the whole 3 years there 3 years elsewhere thing you have to do for medicine really put me off, and who wants to go to the freezing cold Aberdeen or the fairly irrelevant Dundee when you can go to the best city, Glasgow?
    Good luck with your Oxford application though, maybe this year all the Scottish applicants and none of the English ones will get in

ReputationRep:
    GCSE grades: 6A*s 3As
    A-Levels: history (A at AS, A* predicted), chemistry (A at AS, A* predicted), maths (B at AS, A predicted), then an A in AS biology
    Course: History V100
    College: Corpus Christi

good luck to everyone!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsAstronomy12)
    To people applying for physics, is anyone doing STEP?
    Nah, doing the PAT though! Which college are you applying to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kjlynch)
    GCSE grades: 6A*s 3As
    A-Levels: history (A at AS, A* predicted), chemistry (A at AS, A* predicted), maths (B at AS, A predicted), then an A in AS biology
    Course: History V100
    College: Corpus Christi

good luck to everyone!!
    Corpus is a great college! I'm applying for History and Politics at Trinity, so same sort of subject

ReputationRep:
    GCSE's are 3A* 6A 2B

AS were AAAA (Physics, Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry)

A2 predicted A*A*AA

Applying for Physics at Lincoln College, im hoping good performance on the PAT might offset my GCSE's but I'm not particularly confident ahaha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.