Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone remember this performance by Bergkamp? He was ****ing 36, and he single-handedly ripped Everton apart. Unbelievable player.

ReputationRep:
    Trying to start a Bergkamp circle-jerk here.

:coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Being a good finisher is essentially being clinical. If you nutmeg the keeper, if the keeper fumbles every shot you take despite getting a hand to it so it goes in the goal you are still a good finisher. Just because somebody has the odd 30 yarder curler in the top corner doesn't make him a good finisher.

Top finishers have to be clinical, so the likes of RVP, Hernandez, Muller and Messi are good finishers. Ronaldo too but he takes a lot of shots outside range, inside range he's generally good as a finisher.

A good finisher should be a good converter of chances. Now people will show ronaldo's relatively lower conversion rate but he shoots a lot outside of the box, inside of the box he's as good as anybody(bar Messi probz).

Bergkamp therefore wasn't a good finisher, I'm not going to act like i've watched him enough but you're essentially saying he's a player capable of good finishes. Consistency is key and if Bergkamp wasn't consistent enough with his quality finishing then he wasn't a good finisher. RVP is a good finisher.

It's like people saying ronaldo is a great free kick taker, when in reality he's just a taker of great free kicks.
    One is about statistics, the other refers to technique, style, pure ability. That's what I interpreted the meanings of the two phrases. Admittedly I probably would call one 'clinical finisher' and the other 'quality striker of the ball' or something similar. That's what I meant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)
    Anyone remember this performance by Bergkamp? He was ****ing 36, and he single-handedly ripped Everton apart. Unbelievable player.

Most complete arsenal performance I've ever seen (watching since 96/7).

ReputationRep:
    http://youtu.be/ym6t6i-wnmw

:sogood:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The 2-0 at OT in 2005 actually winds me up a million times more than the 8-2. Should have posted that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    The 2-0 at OT in 2005 actually winds me up a million times more than the 8-2. Should have posted that.
    What's your worst Chelsea loss? I remember the 2-0 at stamford bridge where we got dominated and Drogba backheeled it into the goal, then Alex scored a freekick.

ReputationRep:
    Bit early for me tbh. I remember you beating us 1-0 at OT in (06?) when Adebayor scored 5 mins or something from the end. Then Lehmann whipped out some superman **** to stop Ole from equalising. Man I was pissed that day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What's your worst Chelsea loss? I remember the 2-0 at stamford bridge where we got dominated and Drogba backheeled it into the goal, then Alex scored a freekick.
    Any game that involved Drogba tbh. The 2-0 to united was more about match fixing than anything, still maintain that game was rigged from the outset.

ReputationRep:
    Any game that involved Drogba tbh. The 2-0 to united was more about match fixing than anything, still maintain that game was rigged from the outset.
    Meh. I got over Chelsea Barca since we got redemption. Once you get sweet revenge on United for once then you'll stop caring about it.

ReputationRep:
    Meh. I got over Chelsea Barca since we got redemption. Once you get sweet revenge on United for once then you'll stop caring about it.
    The thing is the took away something that we can't ever get back. We're not getting to 49 games unbeaten again it took a century for a single team to do it. If they'd just cheated us out of a league title or cup or whatever then redemption would be possible. We'll never get redemption

ReputationRep:
    With the 8-2 you knew you were going to get a beating. A team with Traore, Coquelin and Dojo deserved to get slapped! The 50th game at OT was nothing short of a joke, Rooney diving, Reyes being kicked left, right and centre, Neville and Ferdinand remaining on the pitch somehow. Mike Riley bottled it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think the 8-2 much like our 6-1 at City was worse than it needed to be anyway. Had there been a parking of the bus rather than a football match the score line probably wouldn't have been as bad, but pride and all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    With the 8-2 you knew you were going to get a beating. A team with Traore, Coquelin and Dojo deserved to get slapped! The 50th game at OT was nothing short of a joke, Rooney diving, Reyes being kicked left, right and centre, Neville and Ferdinand remaining on the pitch somehow. Mike Riley bottled it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Plus they were facing the might of Anderson, Cleverley and Young
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Today is a significant day. Sky Sports 5 will land. Sky Sports News 'HQ' is a bit cringy but I'll get used to it.

ReputationRep:
    Adrian Durham :rofl:

Bojan to Stoke: signing of the season.

i dont even...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barneystin)
    Adrian Durham :rofl:

Bojan to Stoke: signing of the season.

i dont even...
    He's been playing too much fifa 11 and FM11

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzel)
    I think the 8-2 much like our 6-1 at City was worse than it needed to be anyway. Had there been a parking of the bus rather than a football match the score line probably wouldn't have been as bad, but pride and all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's why Chelsea rarely ever get thrashed.

ReputationRep:
    He's been playing too much fifa 11 and FM11
    you watch continental football, right?

what actually happened to him? just an overachieving youth?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    What about the games in which Arsenal benefitted from questionable referring decisions in that run, I bet you weren't complaining then. Pires diving to win a penalty and admitting to it afterwards comes to mind. Or how about the Arsenal players being thugs in the 0-0 the previous season, lucky not to have had points deducted for that embarassing behaviour.

Rooney did dive to win a penalty, but this stonewall penalty was not given. Convenient how everyone forgets that:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.