Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fha96)
    hahahaha it's all about that fresh fade with the short back and sides g

Posted from TSR Mobile
    haha yessss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raahimaziz)
    New question: How do you guys cope with rejections? I'm going to apply next year and will undoubtedly get a few rejections. Quite concerned! :/
    The key is to have all ur choices as unis u want to go to. Therefore if u get a rejection u can be like oh so i didnt get ______ but ive still got ______ therefore wh cares. For example if ur oxbridge its usally a good idea too have places like LSE, UCL, Durham or warick aswell because your likely to get at least one and there all amazing. Also dont commite yourself to one uni to much (at least not untill u get an offer) I know loads of people who hyped themselves up about one of their choices and then got rejected (happens loads with oxbridge) the best thing is clearly to reaserch and like the uni but wait till u get the offer to go crazy do a few visits and sign up to every chat under the sun. Good luck im sure you wont get any rejections though

ReputationRep:
    Need to decide firm and insurance between the three....

Leeds - Economics BSc - AAA
    Newcastle - Economics BSc - AAA (should lower to AAB if I firm)
    Nottingham - Industrial Economics BSc - AAB

Reasons on what to put down?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fredhovis)
    Need to decide firm and insurance between the three....

Leeds - Economics BSc - AAA
    Newcastle - Economics BSc - AAA (should lower to AAB if I firm)
    Nottingham - Industrial Economics BSc - AAB

Reasons on what to put down?
    Nottingham is the most reputed and targeted by IBs out of those options.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Nottingham is the most reputed and targeted by IBs out of those options.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But it's Industrial Economics there, not straight Economics... Will that not change graduate job prospects etc?

ReputationRep:
    But it's Industrial Economics there, not straight Economics... Will that not change graduate job prospects etc?
    If you want to go into IB, it's more about where rather than what, so industrial economics at Notts is a better choice.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Nope, you don't even need to do Econ to get into banking or even most grad schemes.

It's ranked 8th most targeted on the LinkedIn rankings for IB - just below Durham and Manchester but above Bath, Bristol and King's.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone go to the Bristol open day today? If so, what did you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr234)
    Anyone go to the Bristol open day today? If so, what did you think?
    Love it, but probably will firm Ucl (or LSE if I get the offer)

ReputationRep:
    Just got my Oxford feedback and for anyone that's interested this year they had 1129 applicants and a ratio of 13.1:1!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aso816)
    Love it, but probably will firm Ucl (or LSE if I get the offer)
    Really? I thought the lecture in the morning was too long, my dad fell asleep :rolleyes: Didn't like the city as much as I thought I would, but tbf didn't get to see much of it! Have you applied for straight econ? GL with LSE!

ReputationRep:
    What else did they say?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr234)
    Really? I thought the lecture in the morning was too long, my dad fell asleep :rolleyes: Didn't like the city as much as I thought I would, but tbf didn't get to see much of it! Have you applied for straight econ? GL with LSE!
    I love the really positive and friendly environment apart from the fact that the morning lecture is dead boring,,,, nah It is my insurance choice I got an AAA offer for the study abroad option

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Djangoo)
    What else did they say?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It read as follows:

I am sorry that I had to write with disappointing news. I have now spoken to the Tutors who evaluated your application.

This year, Oxford had a very high number of applicants for Economics and Management (1129). The approximate ratio of applicants to places was 13.1 to 1. So the application process was extremely competitive. The selection criteria for the subject can be found at http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/under...ction-criteria.

All candidates are very carefully assessed, taking into account all the information available, including personal statement, references, predicted examination results (when applicable) and academic track record. Consideration is also given to the educational context of this information, and any other relevant factors.

The tutors were impressed by your UCAS form and your academic record to date, and by the support for your application expressed in your reference. Your mark of 65.6 in the TSA was fairly good, but the tutors felt that your essay was less strong than those of some other candidates. Your interview performance was good, and the tutors felt you were articulate and clear. They did feel that you were a worthy candidate for admission to Oxford, and so secured you a further interview at another college, but, given the extreme competition for places, we were unable to make you an offer.

I hope this information is useful to you. We wish you all success with your studies and future applications.

Thought they were pretty nice! Always knew essays weren't ma thang 😉

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomixox)
    It read as follows:

I am sorry that I had to write with disappointing news. I have now spoken to the Tutors who evaluated your application.

This year, Oxford had a very high number of applicants for Economics and Management (1129). The approximate ratio of applicants to places was 13.1 to 1. So the application process was extremely competitive. The selection criteria for the subject can be found at http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/under...ction-criteria.

All candidates are very carefully assessed, taking into account all the information available, including personal statement, references, predicted examination results (when applicable) and academic track record. Consideration is also given to the educational context of this information, and any other relevant factors.

The tutors were impressed by your UCAS form and your academic record to date, and by the support for your application expressed in your reference. Your mark of 65.6 in the TSA was fairly good, but the tutors felt that your essay was less strong than those of some other candidates. Your interview performance was good, and the tutors felt you were articulate and clear. They did feel that you were a worthy candidate for admission to Oxford, and so secured you a further interview at another college, but, given the extreme competition for places, we were unable to make you an offer.

I hope this information is useful to you. We wish you all success with your studies and future applications.

Thought they were pretty nice! Always knew essays weren't ma thang ������
    That is really positive feedback Looks like you just missed out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr234)
    I pretty much fell asleep during that talk today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pat.bateman)
    I pretty much fell asleep during that talk today
    It was so boring, felt like I was sitting for 5 hours!
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr234)
    It was so boring, felt like I was sitting for 5 hours!
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    The jokes couldn't get any drier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pat.bateman)
    The jokes couldn't get any drier
    I found the jokes quite funny but tbh I laugh at anything haha Did you go to the talks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr234)
    I found the jokes quite funny but tbh I laugh at anything haha Did you go to the talks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I kinda just laughed out of pity. Which talks?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.