Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    Mignolet; Manquillo, Skrtel, Lovren, Enrique; Gerrard, Henderson; Sterling, Coutinho, Markovic; Balotelli.

Subs: Jones, Toure Moreno, Lucas, Borini, Lambert, Lallana.
    meh.
    most of the team is decent; glad coutinho is back in but markovic does not warrant a place.
    enrique is okay but unless he's deliberately resting moreno, i don't see why he's starting...

(Original post by Mackay)
    Enrique over Moreno isn't that much of a surprise. I expected it.

Markovic is a nonsensical decision, though. I'd rather Coutinho and Henderson either side of Gerrard, with Sterling and Lallana tucked in behind Balotelli.
    why did you expect enrique?
    i agree; what is he doing with markovic?
    at what point does markovic deserve a start over lallana?
    at least coutinho is back though

few weeks late but really excited!
    didn't see the ludogorets game so this is my first champions eague liverpool match of the season!
    although i shouldn't get my hopes up too high since we're away to our biggest qualification threat...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Lúcio)

why did you expect enrique?
    i agree; what is he doing with markovic?
    at what point does markovic deserve a start over lallana?
    at least coutinho is back though
    Enrique featured more in the training exercises at St. Jakob Park yesterday apparently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Enrique featured more in the training exercises at St. Jakob Park yesterday apparently.
    fair play, nice research

madrid losing
    ronaldo penalty saved....
    ludogorets not pushovers are they?
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Lodo 1-0 up

Ronaldo penalty saved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    Lodo 1-0 up

Ronaldo penalty saved.
    did everybody see that?
    i beat mr tim to posting useful, breaking news
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Ronaldo scores his 2nd penalty

1-1 in the other match in the group.

ReputationRep:
    Need to stop getting caught offside.

ReputationRep:
    how are you guys getting on?

Not exactly a must-win game, given your away from home.. but pick up 3pts here, and surely you guys have got to be feeling very seccure for 2nd at least..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    Need to stop getting caught offside.
    so needless.
    we have been poor yet again (so far)
    both fullbacks and balotelli in particular have been our 3 worst.
    time to change though; get to HT at 0-0 at see what rodgers can do.

(Original post by fallen_acorns)
    how are you guys getting on?

Not exactly a must-win game, given your away from home.. but pick up 3pts here, and surely you guys have got to be feeling very seccure for 2nd at least..
    i'd be happy with a draw given how poor we have been so far.

you guys aren't doing half bad :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    so needless.
    we have been poor yet again (so far)
    both fullbacks and balotelli in particular have been our 3 worst.
    time to change though; get to HT at 0-0 at see what rodgers can do.

i'd be happy with a draw given how poor we have been so far.

you guys aren't doing half bad :cool:
    its very flattering, they are playing so so bad at the back

3-0 now, which to be honest, should only taken as a boost to our confidence, nothign else can be taken from it, given how poor gala are playing..
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Christ almighty we look uncomfortable with opposition pace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    its very flattering, they are playing so so bad at the back

3-0 now, which to be honest, should only taken as a boost to our confidence, nothign else can be taken from it, given how poor gala are playing..
    meh, they might be playing badly but you're the one who has to get it in the net.
    maybe you can give chelsea a good game at the weekend - only lose by 2 instead of 10

ReputationRep:
    Markovic needs games, good inclusion. Sterling shouldn't be playing, he's knackered you can tell.

Dunno why Lallana's not there but I'd have him on for Sterling.

We're a bit hamstrung right now with Brendan not wanting to play Coutinho in the three, Sturridge, Allen and Can all out. Allen would be perfect for a game like this.

ReputationRep:
    It's crazy how toothless we look going forward. You can see that the familiarity isn't there, not enough interchanges in the opposition half, players trying to do too much instead of playing the simple pass. Basel can easily be beaten here, they haven't been great, we have too many gaps that have made them look better then they are, need to tighten up in midfield

Not surprised we;ve only had 42% possession, haven't retained the ball anywhere near what we're capable of.

ReputationRep:
    not a nice half.
    good that we didn't concede when you consider the joy they had though.

mainly down our left side - enrique being seriously troubled and it's restricting sterling's ability to get forward.
    manquillo just having an oddly bad game; silly little mistakes whether it be a poor cross in a good position or a poor first touch to give it away.
    balotelli has been -1/10, complete passanger so far, making absolutely nothing happen and just standing still waiting for his teammates to pass him the ball even when they're in better positions.

coutinho been bright, markovic and sterling have been involved a little
    created a fair few half chances, but nothing serious.
    we can't score from half chances, not like sturridge and suarez can - we need something clear and we just aren't producing.

only half time though; time to improve so it's not all doom and gloom.
    i'd take a draw for sure given that we're away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    not a nice half.
    good that we didn't concede when you consider the joy they had though.

mainly down our left side - enrique being seriously troubled and it's restricting sterling's ability to get forward.
    manquillo just having an oddly bad game; silly little mistakes whether it be a poor cross in a good position or a poor first touch to give it away.
    balotelli has been -1/10, complete passanger so far, making absolutely nothing happen and just standing still waiting for his teammates to pass him the ball even when they're in better positions.

coutinho been bright, markovic and sterling have been involved a little
    created a fair few half chances, but nothing serious.
    we can't score from half chances, not like sturridge and suarez can - we need something clear and we just aren't producing.

only half time though; time to improve so it's not all doom and gloom.
    i'd take a draw for sure given that we're away.
    Yeah Liverpool look okay I guess so far but Balo has been missing at times.

I don't think a draw would be good enough tbh, I know it's a bit stupid to say since you lot are away but against RM you lot are not going to get anything. 6 points from 4 games and then winning the next two against Ludo and Basel should mean you qualify for the knockout stages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    Yeah Liverpool look okay I guess so far but Balo has been missing at times.

I don't think a draw would be good enough tbh, I know it's a bit stupid to say since you lot are away but against RM you lot are not going to get anything. 6 points from 4 games and then winning the next two against Ludo and Basel should mean you qualify for the knockout stages.
    "okay" is seriously flattering.
    we aren't as terrible as we have been in the league, but deshi got it spot on - we look toothless.
    if we draw today and lose 2 in a row against madrid, i would expect after 4 games: madrid 12, basel 7, liverpool 4, ludogorets 0 in a worst case scenario.
    beating basel at home and ludogorets away would ensure a 2nd placed finish, so it is definitely in our own hands even if we draw today and lose both to madrid.

if we win today we'll be second or higher regardless of our results in the next 2 games against real (provided madrid win tonight).

ReputationRep:
    That was a pen, what is Sterling doing

ReputationRep:
    1-0 from.....a set piece.
    couldn't be less surprised/10

fair play though, they deserved a pen earlier anyway.

ReputationRep:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 4, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.