Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midnightice)
    But I'll never forget last week. Literally never.
    Him and Giroud were both made scapegoats for last week, the whole team was complete ****. We shouldn't be knocking playing when they're down, don't know if any of you saw the AFTV vid a couple of days ago of fans running to Mert's car to take selfies with him, probably the same guys who talk **** about him after.

Giroud has bounced back well, 2 vital goals in 2 games.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Also, seeing as we constantly slate him, could we actually give Mert some credit for his performance today, I thought he was excellent esp. at the end clearing every ball that comes his way
    Will judge on MOTD :haughty:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    When Bellerin plays in this formation it is like a 3-4-3 with the amount of times he is bombing down the right channel. As such, it is probably why Walcott is not playing there. But, three defenders is a bit risky really especially when we leave so much space in behind and like to play quite a high line a lot of the time.
    With the amount of attacking quality we have on the pitch we should need Bellerin to bomb forward at every opportunity. Gibbs pretty much highlighted the perfect blend of defensive and attack as a full back.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    I think Monreal is more defensively competent against better opposition.
    Said no one ever pre 2014/15.
    Love how Monreal's improved

Beating them is bragging rights for a few weeks, finishing above them again is bragging rights for a year imo.

Genuinely think we'll do both tbh anyway... and beat Monaco 3-0 in second leg... and win the FA cup.... And not only finish ahead of City but the KKK (sorry I meant Khelsea) too... hmm maybe not.

But nah, I think we'll finish above United and beat them, we both are playing poverty football, but ours is slightly less poverty
    That's the thing though, we both play poverty football but the difference is luck. We don't get luck. Okay maybe we don't play as much poverty football but you know what I mean. Yeah I think I'd probably levitate if we knock them out but I just can't see it? I hope we do though. More confident of finishing above them if anything.

I promise you I'm not obsessed with them or anything, I just have a very annoying friend :lol:

(Original post by Stalin)
    It'd be pretty nice to knock Utd out of the FA, retain it, and finish 3rd in the league with Liverpool in 4th.

Early Christmas present?
    That would be a sensational end to the season :moon:

Init.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Will judge on MOTD :haughty:
    There's MOTD tonight!? YAY!!! Would like to see the United game to see how lucky they were, seeing as all the stats would point to them dominating the game.

ReputationRep:
    All of the top 8 won, damnnn
    My mate just texted me bragging about his £100 acca coming in, as if he predicted the lottery numbers :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Him and Giroud were both made scapegoats for last week, the whole team was complete ****. We shouldn't be knocking playing when they're down, don't know if any of you saw the AFTV vid a couple of days ago of fans running to Mert's car to take selfies with him, probably the same guys who talk **** about him after.

Giroud has bounced back well, 2 vital goals in 2 games.

We are inconsistent. We have a lot of good players, but a few of them are fair weather players. Goes back to the need of having a leader in the team, ideally in the centre of the park. A Roy Keane/Paddy would transform us really, but players like that are rare man. And worth their weight in gold.

I'd argue that even if we buy an amazingly skilled CDM we may still be a bit short. Because often in the big games it takes more than just skill as a player to dominate. It is also about how you make those around you play better and rise to the occasion. Alexis Sanchez I see as a truly world class player because he plays brilliantly and has made the other players fight harder.

ReputationRep:
    There's MOTD tonight!? YAY!!! Would like to see the United game to see how lucky they were, seeing as all the stats would point to them dominating the game.
    We dominated first half and just couldnt score (story of our season along with **** performances). Young and Rooney missed great chances to put the game to bed. Newcastle should have had a pen in the first half though but on the balance of the game, we deserved to win. Lucky in the end, but deserved unlike other games.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good performance today all in all. 1st half very physical and typical Loftus Road but then 2nd half Ozil started the little turns and we absolutely rinsed their flanks. Good to see a solid defensive game and Sanchez back among the goals!

Ozil or Coq would be my MOTM

ReputationRep:
    That's the thing though, we both play poverty football but the difference is luck. We don't get luck. Okay maybe we don't play as much poverty football but you know what I mean. Yeah I think I'd probably levitate if we knock them out but I just can't see it? I hope we do though. More confident of finishing above them if anything.

I promise you I'm not obsessed with them or anything, I just have a very annoying friend :lol:
    I think we get more luck than we think, we were pretty dreadful for most of the first half, then let them back into needlessly, the difference is we spur on around the 60 min mark and grab a goal, then let one in with 15 to go and hold on, so it doesn't look as lucky as a 1-0 smash and grab last minute winner.

And no I completely get the obsession, most of my uni supports United, if we win imma be walking into lectures on Tuesday afternoon like:

Edit: just for the record that Biebs one was meant to be a gif but didnt work
    Attached Images

• Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Yeah. I've just saved your evening, no need to thank me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    We dominated first half and just couldnt score (story of our season along with **** performances). Young and Rooney missed great chances to put the game to bed. Newcastle should have had a pen in the first half though but on the balance of the game, we deserved to win. Lucky in the end, but deserved unlike other games.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for the summary, the problem is once you get a rep for being a lucky team it's very difficult to shake it, especially when you're scoring last minute winners from goalkeeping howlers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. I've just saved your evening, no need to thank me.
    But ruined my plans to do work tomorrow morning

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the summary, the problem is once you get a rep for being a lucky team it's very difficult to shake it, especially when you're scoring last minute winners from goalkeeping howlers
    De Gea had some great saves today as well. Saved us towards the end of the game.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    I think we get more luck than we think, we were pretty dreadful for most of the first half, then let them back into needlessly, the difference is we spur on around the 60 min mark and grab a goal, then let one in with 15 to go and hold on, so it doesn't look as lucky as a 1-0 smash and grab last minute winner.

And no I completely get the obsession, most of my uni supports United, if we win imma be walking into lectures on Tuesday afternoon like:

Edit: just for the record that Biebs one was meant to be a gif but didnt work
    Ahah I couldn't rep. Yeah I know what you mean. I was completely abused by my mates when Monaco won. I mean, I was destroyed you don't understand. If that was to happen I'd be walking into uni lectures like:

Spoiler:
    Show

:moon: that would be good.

And oh my bad, you would have been kicking yourself if you missed motd though

ReputationRep:
    Another win, another poor performance though bar 20 minutes in the second half.

I've got a funny feeling we may win at Old Toilet next week, don't think we'll give up the cup without a fight...

ReputationRep:
    Ahah I couldn't rep. Yeah I know what you mean. I was completely abused by my mates when Monaco won. I mean, I was destroyed you don't understand. If that was to happen I'd be walking into uni lectures like:

Spoiler:
    Show

:moon: that would be good.

And oh my bad, you would have been kicking yourself if you missed motd though
    Haha, at least the United fans at my uni are generally ones who aren't that big fans and don't talk about football much.

I don't generally mouth off over results so thankfully I don't get much in return.

Haha, I'm doing work now so it's all good, although I've probably had the least productive day of my life today.

Just seen Gomis collapse, pretty close to where Muamba collapsed too, White Hart Lane is is pretty dodgy
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Coquelin's nose looks sore as **** in that post-match interview.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    That Sanchez goal was so Suarez.

ReputationRep:
    You will if we win 3-0 away and knock them out.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.