Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    Thats good. Hope its relieved some stress.

I hated dealing with the DWP so much, im now on universal credit since my break up and its just as **** as ESA but luckily im not relying on it as much!!

Are you both aware your partner can only earn £20 a week before they take off your ESA its such a load of *******s!!
    Is Callan still at college?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah Callan isn't at college any more. He finished his HND in June he's just been caring for me and will be applying for carers allowance if or when I get PIP. Still waiting to hear back about mandatory reconsideration for PIP. Usually no news is good news but not when it comes to DWP :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Nah Callan isn't at college any more. He finished his HND in June he's just been caring for me and will be applying for carers allowance if or when I get PIP. Still waiting to hear back about mandatory reconsideration for PIP. Usually no news is good news but not when it comes to DWP :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahh right, well tell him not to worry about the job centre i found them to be lovely, they were more there for support for if/when i wanted to look for a job, not demanding i got one.
    Fingers crossed about the PIP it might be worth chasing it up? I remember chasing up ESA every week until it got sorted! Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That injection was horrible

(Original post by Airmed)
    That injection was horrible
    :cube:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    :cube:
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Turns out I'm a fair bit sicker than I thought lol I just got back from the doctors and I'm on close watch for a blood clot in my lung; I'm on strict rest; I had to take a bunch of steroids and be on a nebuliser for a bit; I have to go back first thing tomorrow, and I gotta call an ambulance if I get any worse. I don't feel anxious about the current state of my health, but I panic that this'll trigger my FM and CFS to relapse into like bed-bound territory and I won't be able to let it go for months until I'm completely in the clear. I don't think my body will physically be able to deal with a panic attack right now so I'm just trying to stay as calm as possible. I can hardly breathe as it is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    Turns out I'm a fair bit sicker than I thought lol I just got back from the doctors and I'm on close watch for a blood clot in my lung; I'm on strict rest; I had to take a bunch of steroids and be on a nebuliser for a bit; I have to go back first thing tomorrow, and I gotta call an ambulance if I get any worse. I don't feel anxious about the current state of my health, but I panic that this'll trigger my FM and CFS to relapse into like bed-bound territory and I won't be able to let it go for months until I'm completely in the clear. I don't think my body will physically be able to deal with a panic attack right now so I'm just trying to stay as calm as possible. I can hardly breathe as it is
    That doesn't sound good. Do you have netflix/dvds or something you can put on to just relax? Maybe start watching a new series? I highly recommend Gotham or mr robot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    That doesn't sound good. Do you have netflix/dvds or something you can put on to just relax? Maybe start watching a new series? I highly recommend Gotham or mr robot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah haha, gonna order food and set myself up in bed for the night. Really into them both though! I might actually try and get on with Mr. Robot now that I've been officially declared 'unfit for college' and don't have to try and push through to go in lol

(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Just fyi there are non-addictive sleeping meds out there! I take an antihistamine PRN (only when required, not every night) if I can't sleep. I was specifically put on that one coz it's non-addictive

:lovehug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i just dont really want to have to rely on anything to stay asleep if ygm
    plus i havent even been prescribed it i only took it bc i thought why tf not lol although it was antihistamine so idk if that is the same thing?
    :hugs: x

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone find it tough when therapist is nice/caring towards you?

I found it difficult today. I don't know how he can be nice to me after hearing what I did. I feel like i don't deserve it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Tara~)

I found it difficult today. I don't know how he can be nice to me after hearing what I did. I feel like i don't deserve it.
    Hugs from here. :hugs:

I find it difficult when ANYONE is nice to me. Feel like such a fraud and that they should/would hate me or secretly do and bleh. Gets all muddled up in my brain. But find it especially hard when its nurse or someone like that, or when it's someone I really care about. I think I just feel like such a fraud, and when they "find out" what I'm actually about they'll dump me and run or openly hate me or something along those lines.

My mum said my anxiety medication is making me "too calm" and that's why I'm seemingly being slow in my search for graduate work. My medication is not psychoactive for a start, and they're also the same tablets that eased my panic attacks so I could:

1) go to the damn supermarket
    2) cope with car journeys
    3) eat in restaurants
    4) go to lectures
    5) sit my final year exams
    6) not fail my degree
    7) look for work and do a job interview
    8) travel abroad with my friend to see a concert

Basically I can now, for the most part, function normally. They've been an invaluable lifeline for me and I'm so grateful to have had them. Granted some aspects of my anxiety are still bad and I am attempting to deal with those through therapy and regular exercise and hopefully soon I'll be able to come off the medication. I still get pretty tense and fearful when I'm out and the negative thinking is almost constant, but I'm slowly making progress. But as long as pressure is being put on me by people who don't get how bad this year has been for me because of my illness, I feel doubtful that I'll recover fully.

ReputationRep:
    plus i havent even been prescribed it i only took it bc i thought why tf not lol although it was antihistamine so idk if that is the same thing?
    The antihistamine I take is Phenergan.

Think of it this way: if you were diabetic, you wouldn't be reluctant or ashamed or being reliant on insulin to stay alive and vaguely healthy, would you? :nah:

(Original post by ~Tara~)

Huge hugs and feel free to rant via PM to me if that would help. I veer between wanting to cry and wanting to smack my therapist when she's nice to me. She keeps telling me how bad a time I've had and how I've been very resilient through it all, and I'm just like STFU, lol :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Does it help you sleep? If the answer is yes and you're not getting any nasties from it there's no problem

Posted from TSR Mobile

The antihistamine I take is Phenergan.

Think of it this way: if you were diabetic, you wouldn't be reluctant or ashamed or being reliant on insulin to stay alive and vaguely healthy, would you? :nah:

:hugs:
    :lol: well ive never thought about it like that tbh although i suppose it is true, it is mostly bc i havent been prescribed it so i feel like it isnt a 'proper' thing but i suppose if it worked i could always try and get it prescribed idk

(Original post by Andy98)
    Does it help you sleep? If the answer is yes and you're not getting any nasties from it there's no problem

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yes it does andy
    and idk cos i only took it once but tbh i would sooner peg it than exist on 5 hours of sleep a night anyway tbh x

ReputationRep:
    She keeps telling me how bad a time I've had and how I've been very resilient through it all, and I'm just like STFU, lol :erm:
    I know this feeling. I hate how parts of my past come across as some kind of "sob story" whereas I just want to be treated like everyone else. It particularly annoys me when people are like, "well you're doing better than a lot of people in your "situation" don't pressure yourself too much". Pisses me right off.

ReputationRep:
    I failed again.

Did I tell you guys I'm doing a class in scuba diving? I emailed the instructor and told him I can't do it anymore. My anxiety and claustrophobia go sky high everytime I go underwater. I genuinely feel like I'm going to die. It's something I've always wanted to try and now I'm chickening out of it like I do with everything. I start so many things and then give up; how will I ever hold down a job?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone ever had IPT? Been offered it, need to decide by this afternoon and probably just going to say yes anyway but be interesting to hear any experiences. Hadn't really ever heard of it.

Big hugs that needs them, TLG and Saber especially- you're not a failure :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Callan had his appointment today with the job centre and it went well. They aren't forcing him to look for work and agree that it's important he stays as my carer. The advisor who he saw was very understanding about OCD which was nice and he was agreeing that most people don't understand the seriousness of the illness. Faith in the job centre somewhat restored

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Callan had his appointment today with the job centre and it went well. They aren't forcing him to look for work and agree that it's important he stays as my carer. The advisor who he saw was very understanding about OCD which was nice and he was agreeing that most people don't understand the seriousness of the illness. Faith in the job centre somewhat restored

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Iv always found those in the job centre are much nice than in the call centres!

Its always nice to get someone that understands!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.