Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the link for WJEC grade boundaries ? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strongcurrent)
    Good luck! You will do great!
    Which RE course did you do?
    The course I did you need about 72/76 for an A*!!!!
    i did Edexcel R.E unit 3 and unit 10.. wow 4 marks off full marks ?!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomiakande)
    i did Edexcel R.E unit 3 and unit 10.. wow 4 marks off full marks ?!!
    I did AQA, can't remember what courses but yeah, you can only drop 4-5 marks! And 4-5 marks are SPaG. So, if you are bad at SPaG and loose all marks for that then you can only drop 1 content mark!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm staying up, the edexcel maths grade boundaries are stressing me out. I really want to get an A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterflyshy)
    I'm staying up, the edexcel maths grade boundaries are stressing me out. I really want to get an A.

Omg same but I don't want it to worry me so I don't want to look!!😭

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    Jesus this thread got busy
    Won't be staying up for GBs though since the lack of sleep I (& I think a lot of other people too) have had recently (not bc GCSEs) will probably cause me to start crying / have a breakdown when I see how high they all are :lol:

Also, can anyone actually remember what any of the exams were like?? I forgot like 1 day after the exam
    okay (this is from my memory):

AQA BIOLOGY - No biolgy in unit 1, so low GB, unit 2 + 3 was fairly easy
    AQA CHEMISTRY - MOSTLY EASY, HIGH GB'S
    AQA PHYSICS - HARD, LOW GB
    EDEXCEL MATHS - TAD HARD, HIGHISH GB'S
    OCR SOCIOLOGY - OKAY, PROBABLY A BIT HIGHER GB'S
    IGCSE CIE ENGLISH - EASY, GB'S ARE FAIRLY HIGH THIS YEAR
    EDEXCEL ENG LIT - I FOUND IT HARD, BUT I DIDN;T BOTHER REVISING
    OCR HISTORY - WHO'S EVEN GOOD AT HISTRY?! LOL, IDK FOR GB'S
    EDEXCEL SPANISH - HARD AF!, LOW GB'S

These are the ones that I did

ReputationRep:
    I did AQA, can't remember what courses but yeah, you can only drop 4-5 marks! And 4-5 marks are SPaG. So, if you are bad at SPaG and loose all marks for that then you can only drop 1 content mark!!
    thatt is so unfair, im glad my school didnt chose AQA cuz thats kinda ridiculous tbh.. hope you do really well tho, x

ive had a bad dream and a good dream about results day, but the good dream happened after the bad one i know itdoesnt mean anything but i reaally hope it does

ReputationRep:
    So it's currently 10:30PM and I've set up on the floor in my room...I've got snacks, water, my laptop and work to do as I just know tonight I won't be able to sleep....considering I haven't been able to sleep properly for the last three nights..

ReputationRep:
    thatt is so unfair, im glad my school didnt chose AQA cuz thats kinda ridiculous tbh.. hope you do really well tho, x

ive had a bad dream and a good dream about results day, but the good dream happened after the bad one i know itdoesnt mean anything but i reaally hope it does
    I have hopefully got a solid B at least! It is ridiculous! You are super lucky! I have had a few bad dreams about not getting the grades I want in English.

I hope I get an A* in both of my English papers, that is all I want in my GCSEs

ReputationRep:
    I'm stressing soo bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bulletzone)
    AQA Release Grade Boundaries at 8am
    EDEXCEL At Midnight
    OCR------>God knows.
    Isn't Edexcel tomorrow at 8-10

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozza_X)
    So it's currently 10:30PM and I've set up on the floor in my room...I've got snacks, water, my laptop and work to do as I just know tonight I won't be able to sleep....considering I haven't been able to sleep properly for the last three nights..
    Sorry to hear that, it's a horrible feel. Hope you get better after results and hope they're good for you. I've had problems sleeping. I wake up at like 2 and then stay awake for hours until I see sunlight and sleep for another 2 hours then give up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Weirdly enough, I feel like the closer results day gets the less it feels real?
    I've been worrying for the past few weeks but my nerves have seemed to ease more in the last few days. I'm sure they'll be back when I read the grade boundaries tomorrow though

Anyway, I just wanted to say good luck to everyone and I really hope you get the grades you need and want!

ReputationRep:
    I have hopefully got a solid B at least! It is ridiculous! You are super lucky! I have had a few bad dreams about not getting the grades I want in English.

I hope I get an A* in both of my English papers, that is all I want in my GCSEs
    yhh i hope you doo, sometimes dreams like that happen when ur worrying about something too much..but yh at first i wanted 9A*s but now im fine if i get the grade in subjects i care about atleast ..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by graciousgannon)
    Weirdly enough, I feel like the closer results day gets the less it feels real?
    I've been worrying for the past few weeks but my nerves have seemed to ease more in the last few days. I'm sure they'll be back when I read the grade boundaries tomorrow though

Anyway, I just wanted to say good luck to everyone and I really hope you get the grades you need and want!
    I get how you feel! Hope you do too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    yhh i hope you doo, sometimes dreams like that happen when ur worrying about something too much..but yh at first i wanted 9A*s but now im fine if i get the grade in subjects i care about atleast ..
    Thank you! I also want a B in Maths but I'm not sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XLittleSparrowX)
    Sorry to hear that, it's a horrible feel. Hope you get better after results and hope they're good for you. I've had problems sleeping. I wake up at like 2 and then stay awake for hours until I see sunlight and sleep for another 2 hours then give up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I go up to my bedroom at 10PM and then literally sit in bed awake until around 2am, then finally go to sleep and wake up at 10AM. I still get enough sleep (I think) but because my sleeping hours are messed up I constantly feel tired in the morning.
    If I'm struggling sleeping now, I know Wednesday is going to be real bad.
    I hope you get what you want too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anmol_.)
    Yeah same. Just praying for the results now. I chose history, English literature, RS and biology. Btw, do you know whether you have to had studied geography at gcse to be able to take it at a level for Birmingham
    Certainly not, sciences, particularly chemistry is just fine at gcse so u can do it at a levels

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only that feels fairly calm about results day - I'm not super panicked about the results I get but just where I'm going to open my results

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! Does anyone know if the international Edexcel grade boundaries will be released at the same time as the normal Edexcel grade boundaries or differently?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.