Barry
    Gerrard Lampard J.Cole

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather have

Beckham Barry Gerrard J. Cole

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anelka9)
    if beckham starts tonight...:laughing:
    I'd rather Beckham in the team and not Lampard.

ReputationRep:
    Beckham Hargreaves Gerrard Young
    Rooney Ashton

ReputationRep:
    I hate you, Sven Fabio.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    Rooney Ashton

Injuries stop that though..

...............James..........
    Richards..Rio..Terry..A.Cole
    .....Hargreaves..Carrick...
    Bentley..Gerrard..J.Cole..
    ............Aston........

Edit: I wouldnt actually use this side cos we'd never score.

:p:

ReputationRep:
    Rep to anyone who can solve this mystery*:

Why is England's most prolific striker not even in the squad, let alone the starting line-up? Keep in mind that we've seen time and time again that regardless of his club form or playing time, this does not effect how he plays for England, which normally means goals, and most importantly to this question, more goals than anyone else in the team.

*Answer has to actually solve the mystery - my decision is final etc. etc.

ReputationRep:
    Heskey :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farhan)

Why is England's most prolific striker not even in the squad, let alone the starting line-up? Keep in mind that we've seen time and time again that regardless of his club form or playing time, this does not effect how he plays for England, which normally means goals, and most importantly to this question, more goals than anyone else in the team.

As he no longer doesn't play for a top 4 club, he now plays for a non-top 4 club and hasn't played well to add on top.

ReputationRep:
    Predictions people? 2-0 to England with Rooney to score 1st.

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    Rooney Ashton

I'd like that as well, but with Joe Cole ahead of Beckham (or even ahead of Young- he's better than both).

Hargreaves and Ashton are too injury prone for that formation to be one to be relied upon though.

Prediction: 2-1 to the Czechs. Lampard to score for us.

ReputationRep:
    Wow. I think we've found an anthem that is more dull and boring than ours

ReputationRep:
    Heh, funny you should say that:

************»..¦* *********[Cølësÿ]**********¦..«*** ********* says:
    damn that anthem sucks
    Ololade says:
    lmao

:w00t:

ReputationRep:
    Why do they keep messing around with people's shirt numbers :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farhan)

Ooh, I like rep.

You mean Michael Owen?

I'm not giving Mr Capello's reasons, I'm merely stating what might put me off picking him.

For one thing, he's prone to injury. We can't keep relying on Owen and his broken promise. For another, this renders him much slower, so the powers that brought about all that past success are gone. The loss of pace has also led to a rebirth of him under Kevin Keegan, from a striker into a link-up forward, and England are blessed with many creative players that are in more form or simply do the job better (or offer something different, as with Peter Crouch).

Before I make the final point, I agree with Phil's point; he isn't really in form.

So finally, I think it's important to remind one and all that however good the first two movies were, this does not guarantee that the third in the trilogy will be. Sure, Owen has come back and come back in the past, but that makes no statement of his present ability (as much as it says about his resolve).

I like my rep gift-wrapped.

ReputationRep:
    I'll predict 0-0, by the way.

ReputationRep:
    Oy vey.

England 0-1 Czech Republic, Baros 21.

ReputationRep:
    didn't germany score first when we beat them 5-1?
    aren't they both in central europe?
    hang on, wasn't that in august as well?

I could be wrong on all counts.

ReputationRep:
    3-1 to the Czechs if we continue with the same midfield.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juwel)
    Ooh, I like rep.

You mean Michael Owen?

I'm not giving Mr Capello's reasons, I'm merely stating what might put me off picking him.

For one thing, he's prone to injury. We can't keep relying on Owen and his broken promise. For another, this renders him much slower, so the powers that brought about all that past success are gone. The loss of pace has also led to a rebirth of him under Kevin Keegan, from a striker into a link-up forward, and England are blessed with many creative players that are in more form or simply do the job better (or offer something different, as with Peter Crouch).

Before I make the final point, I agree with Phil's point; he isn't really in form.

So finally, I think it's important to remind one and all that however good the first two movies were, this does not guarantee that the third in the trilogy will be. Sure, Owen has come back and come back in the past, but that makes no statement of his present ability (as much as it says about his resolve).

I like my rep gift-wrapped.
    I think he actually means why isnt Crouch starting... :yep:
    I think people just assume that his height is his only attribute. However, you have to agree that he is a slow styled player and it kills off any chance of playing behind the defence (Rooney doesnt run past and he seems to have this undroppable status even though he rarely scores..)

So you have you media favourites: Beckham, Gerrard, Rooney, Lampard etc who are always played even though it seems to screw up the rest of the side and we still never score. So other players like Crouch, J.Cole, Carragher dont get the look in that they should and any bit part roles is never enough to suceed. On top of that, even if they play well in the bit part roles, they quickly get forgotten whereas if Rooney shows one flash in say 10 games or so, everyone keeps remembering that and wont shut up.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.