(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Yes, well it's not all as it's cracked up to be,

I've sacrificed alot....
    But the reward!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    You will probably have to talk about what you will be comparing (themes, characters) and how they are linked and in what way. How you intend to write the actual comparisons (compare novel 1 to novel 2 then to novel 3). Whether you will include secondary sources and how they will be written in. Whether you will draw upon short comparisons with a fourth novel. Other comparisons such as word choice and how you intend to pick suitable words.

So...last night...:awesome:
    Thanks. :hugs:

You don't even know what I did last night. :awesome:

(Original post by Kirsteneg)
    Thanks. :hugs:

You don't even know what I did last night. :awesome:
    You got drunk?

You had sex?

You milked a cow?

You went to a party?

You went to the cinema?

You had a driving lesson?

You had book club?

You slaughtered neds?

You attacked sheep?

The list is infinite.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Madjackismad)
    You got drunk?

You had sex?

You milked a cow?

You went to a party?

You went to the cinema?

You had a driving lesson?

You had book club?

You slaughtered neds?

You attacked sheep?

The list is infinite.
    Yeah, I do all of that on a typical night out. :awesome:

Yeah, I do all of that on a typical night out. :awesome:
    I'm impressed. Epic multi-tasking.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'm impressed. Epic multi-tasking.
    I am a female after all. <insert sarcastic comment here>

Can you answer my english question? :awesome:

I am a female after all. <insert sarcastic comment here>

Can you answer my english question? :awesome:
    What english question?

Muse tommorow. :excited:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    What english question?
    the one a page back
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Muse tommorow. :excited:
    Rub it in why don't ya. :grumble:

Kasabian on Wednesday. :excited:

Rub it in why don't ya. :grumble:

Kasabian on Wednesday. :excited:
    :awesome:

Not a big fan of Kasabian. :p: I then have Arctic Monkeys and then Julian Casablancas. :awesome: :awesome:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    :awesome:

Not a big fan of Kasabian. :p: I then have Arctic Monkeys and then Julian Casablancas. :awesome: :awesome:
    :grumble:

Ass.

:grumble:

Ass.
    Sorry, but it was worth blowing most of my money away on getting those ticket.

I have to give a 'presentation' in english tomorrow about "how our line of thought is developing" for the dissertation. :lolwut: Any ideas on what to talk about? :lolwut:
    If you have a rough idea of what you are going to be looking at within your books, talk about symbolism, key events and how it plays a significant part for what you are looking at. Sorry, what I've said isn't much help, since we don't have to do anything like this.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    If you have a rough idea of what you are going to be looking at within your books, talk about symbolism, key events and how it plays a significant part for what you are looking at. Sorry, what I've said isn't much help, since we don't have to do anything like this.
    Thanks.

It's so stupid. She says it will give the other people in the class ideas on how to go about planning their dissertation but how is that meant to work when everyone is doing completely different texts/themes/styles. :rant:

Thanks.

It's so stupid. She says it will give the other people in the class ideas on how to go about planning their dissertation but how is that meant to work when everyone is doing completely different texts/themes/styles. :rant:
    It seems like quite a stupid idea to give out 'presentations' for your dissertation since it's something you pretty much do on your own with your own texts. My teacher for the dissertation just went around the class, talked to each of us individually about what theme we will be exploring. She also helped us shape up a sentence/statement about what we will be looking at.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    It seems like quite a stupid idea to give out 'presentations' for your dissertation since it's something you pretty much do on your own with your own texts. My teacher for the dissertation just went around the class, talked to each of us individually about what theme we will be exploring. She also helped us shape up a sentence/statement about what we will be looking at.
    My teacher hasn't given us much support at all, if any. The teacher I had last year has been more helpful, helping me decided on what texts I'm doing and giving me secondary sources. She's lovely.

My teacher hasn't given us much support at all, if any. The teacher I had last year has been more helpful, helping me decided on what texts I'm doing and giving me secondary sources. She's lovely.
    Have you written any of your dissertation yet? I've written about 500 words now. :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Have you written any of your dissertation yet? I've written about 500 words now. :p:
    Och. You're going to make me majorly depressed now. No. I'm at a dead end with the planning of it at the moment which is driving me crazy. Was hoping to get started on it this week.

Would you say someone in conflict with the conventions of their society is a form of confinement?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Would you say this was okay:

Forms of confinement:
    within self
    in society
    in home
    in marriage
    in an illusion

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.