Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurenx0044)
    I'm doing Biomed at Corpus, so just around the corner from you
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...php?p=33547034
    That's awesome! Congrats on getting in!

you finished your math booklet yet? And, more importantly, did you get your freshers pack? I'm STILL waiting for mine... I'm getting pretty worried.
    And I feel terribly underprepared because I want to access that bloody biomed weblearn page... Oriel'd better hurry and send me my packet.

ONLY ONE MONTH LEFT EVERYONE!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeeNinja)
    That's great! congratulations! I think I have even found your profile on yougo :P
    did you finish the math booklet yet? And, more importantly, did you get your freshers pack? I'm still anxiously awaiting mine
    Maths not math, we are in England now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zigzog7)
    Maths not math, we are in England now.
    Please accept my humble apology for butchering the English language.
    I'm just slightly anxious because I still haven't gotten my freshers pack, and I want to finish al the damned paperwork.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeeNinja)
    Please accept my humble apology for butchering the English language.
    I'm just slightly anxious because I still haven't gotten my freshers pack, and I want to finish al the damned paperwork.
    It's fine, I'm just in a pedantic mood today.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zigzog7)
    It's fine, I'm just in a pedantic mood today.
    I'm also feeling pedantic today, and that comma should have been a semicolon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LtCommanderData)
    I'm also feeling pedantic today, and that comma should have been a semicolon.

I have run out of reps to give.
    (+ btw)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    There's an Argos (and a Currys) in Oxford; if I go with one of those I might try to order it for collection there, to save cramming the car with even more stuff to carry up. I'm in two minds as to whether to bring my cello that I haven't touched in about two years.

I've also found out that in addition to buying everything for uni, unpacking, repacking and meeting up with some TSR people in the four days between Berlin and Oxford, I also have to move rooms in my house, which I'd forgotten about. It's gonna be busy. :p:
    Great advice! Though, er, I went and ordered it today. It'll arrive while I'm on holiday so I won't be able to 'review' it until the 15th of September but I'm happy!

Cello - how far away are you? Is it something you can go get on a weekend if you find you wish you'd brought it? I mean, I would always say bring it if you think you'll play it. I'll bring at least one guitar...

Busy busy busy indeed! But I reckon you can fit it all in Order everything you need on the internet, and then you can concentrate on packing which shouldn't be too hard. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barefootfiona)
    Cello - how far away are you? Is it something you can go get on a weekend if you find you wish you'd brought it? I mean, I would always say bring it if you think you'll play it. I'll bring at least one guitar...

Busy busy busy indeed! But I reckon you can fit it all in Order everything you need on the internet, and then you can concentrate on packing which shouldn't be too hard. Good luck!
    I'm close enough that i could go fetch it if I needed to, but I'd rather not have to go back down to London in my first term. Whether I'd play it probably depends on whether the orchestra looks fun/whether I can be bothered to remember how to play the thing. :p:

Rather than ordering it'll probably be an IKEA day, but that's not such a bad thing. Tasty Swedish meatballs and Daim cake as a reward for shopping.

ReputationRep:
    I'm close enough that i could go fetch it if I needed to, but I'd rather not have to go back down to London in my first term. Whether I'd play it probably depends on whether the orchestra looks fun/whether I can be bothered to remember how to play the thing. :p:

Rather than ordering it'll probably be an IKEA day, but that's not such a bad thing. Tasty Swedish meatballs and Daim cake as a reward for shopping.
    Oh, IKEA...... IKEA days are the highlight of my year I can't wait! I've actually pretty much already decided most of what I will buy because if I don't I'll end up buying everything... I totally agree about the Swedish meatballs though I'm a total Scandinavia obsessive... see the sig!

Have fun at IKEA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fang_RedDragon)
    Just to throw a spanner in the works, I get a fridge in my funky 60s style room. I went out today and bought a KETTLE!
    Are you in the Beehive at John's by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurenx0044)
    I'm doing Biomed at Corpus, so just around the corner from you
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...php?p=33547034
    Finally, somebody else that's going to Corpus!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barefootfiona)
    Hiya, sorry to call you back here, but I was just wondering if you have any advice about minifridges? Like... how small is too small, or if you can buy them second-hand somewhere at Oxford from a student who doesn't need their's anymore?
    If you haven't already bought one, maybe check on the Facebook freshers pages to see if there are any students moving who want to get rid of theirs. You might be able to get one slightly cheaper than on Argos... If you just put a post up you might get some responses, I know people do that a lot with books.

ReputationRep:
    Finally received my freshers pack and a letter from my college parents. Read that I had two siblings (another psychologist and a medic). Then I found out neither of them got the grades >.<

In the space of an hour, I gained and lost two siblings

ReputationRep:
    Been given some logic work to do, just ordered the Logic Manual and will start on the tasks tomorrow, which should be fun, seeing as I've not done any serious maths for 2 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamF1992)
    Been given some logic work to do, just ordered the Logic Manual and will start on the tasks tomorrow, which should be fun, seeing as I've not done any serious maths for 2 years.
    Damn, I saw logic and got all excited that there might be another MathPhiler in the world. What did they send you to do? It's been a while since I've looked at any logic properly.

(Original post by Jamstar)
    Finally received my freshers pack and a letter from my college parents. Read that I had two siblings (another psychologist and a medic). Then I found out neither of them got the grades &gt;.&lt;

In the space of an hour, I gained and lost two siblings
    Aww, maybe think of them as failed attempts of conception rather than dead siblings? Merton only arranges the parenting system after offers have been given out - they've been assigned but we haven't all heard from them yet.

ReputationRep:
    Aww, maybe think of them as failed attempts of conception rather than dead siblings? Merton only arranges the parenting system after offers have been given out - they've been assigned but we haven't all heard from them yet.
    I suppose. It's just a shame because my parents were going to take the 3 of us out for a meal together, and it's just a bit nicer if you have other people in the same situation as you.

That, and there are only 3 or 4 EP students each year at Somerville, and apparently, at least 2 of them didn't get their grades :s

I was wondering why no other EP freshers had joined the FB group... they don't exist!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamstar)
    I suppose. It's just a shame because my parents were going to take the 3 of us out for a meal together, and it's just a bit nicer if you have other people in the same situation as you.

That, and there are only 3 or 4 EP students each year at Somerville, and apparently, at least 2 of them didn't get their grades :s

I was wondering why no other EP freshers had joined the FB group... they don't exist!
    Yeah, I'm hoping I have a sibling to make the first meeting a bit smoother too. The two other MathPhilers I know from interviews who got offers got into different colleges, so I think I'll probably be the only one in my year at Merton.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    I think I'll be the only M&CS at my college, too (there haven't been any computer scientists there for a few years, so either they've changed how they do it for this year or I'm an exception)

Got an email from my college mum (which I need to reply to... that was a couple of days ago! Oops) but it had no mention of any siblings

ReputationRep:
    I've just received my letter from my college parents. I don't think it's possible to be more excited. I don't know how I'm going to survive September. The mood swings between elation to terror of the reading list must kick in soon!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Just got my Oxford email =D And with my account I can now request stuff from the Bod.....(theoretically)

Anyone else got theirs?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.