Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Would love Seamus Coleman at Arsenal tbh...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Would love Seamus Coleman at Arsenal tbh...
    Great minds think a like

Terrific player, the amount of times he's been the player on the line clearing the danger is ridiculous. Would be a really good addition to the squad. Having him and Jenks we'd be solid at RB for the next five years at least.

ReputationRep:
    Surely juve wont sign Higuain + Jovetic as well as Llorente? Theyd be shipping 300k/week as well as 50m on a 3 strikers for a team that ran away with the title?

would love Higuain, he's about as good as we can hope to attract.
    Tbh juve's next aim is the CL, which they have a good chance of winning next season, bayern have a new manager, so could be hit and miss. Chelsea and city are probably a year out before thinking about winning the CL. Barcelona and madrid would be thereabouts though but I can easily see juve in the equation if they got strikers. Might need some more depth on the wings though but with their strikers they sound like they're making a real statement early about the CL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Tbh juve's next aim is the CL, which they have a good chance of winning next season, bayern have a new manager, so could be hit and miss. Chelsea and city are probably a year out before thinking about winning the CL. Barcelona and madrid would be thereabouts though but I can easily see juve in the equation if they got strikers. Might need some more depth on the wings though but with their strikers they sound like they're making a real statement early about the CL.
    Bayern wont be hit and miss, this is Pep we are talking about. He will improve on what they did this season. If that means winning six trophies, so be it. Don't forget Gotze, Lewandowski, Kroos, Badstuber etc adding on to the current team. He is capable as seen during his time at Barca.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Bayern wont be hit and miss, this is Pep we are talking about. He will improve on what they did this season. If that means winning six trophies, so be it. Don't forget Gotze, Lewandowski, Kroos, Badstuber etc adding on to the current team. He is capable as seen during his time at Barca.
    I guess so. Plus anyway he's at the german barcelona already, great youth squad and world class players in the first team while financially sound as well. Doubt he'll buy any flops though like he did at barca since his teams needs little to no strengthening.

I don't think he'll improve that much, they'll be favourites for the CL again and rightly so but the only thing I see happening is them getting a double again next season and a CL semi final. CWC, german super cup is theres to lose, super cup while they're favourites just see what happened last year. He'll sustain them at the top though although lets be honest after what heynckes has done and their finances it's really not hard to.

ReputationRep:
    I guess so. Plus anyway he's at the german barcelona already, great youth squad and world class players in the first team while financially sound as well. Doubt he'll buy any flops though like he did at barca since his teams needs little to no strengthening.

I don't think he'll improve that much, they'll be favourites for the CL again and rightly so but the only thing I see happening is them getting a double again next season and a CL semi final. CWC, german super cup is theres to lose, super cup while they're favourites just see what happened last year. He'll sustain them at the top though although lets be honest after what heynckes has done and their finances it's really not hard to.
    Yeah very true, not much of a job to be done tbh. He just has to guide them. Heard that he wants to convert Martinez to CB which is interesting, think it's a good move personally could make use him like he did Pique at Barca. But the difference is I think Martinez is a much superior player. Could then have Kroos partnering Schwein in midfielder and then deadly front four up front. Such a scary team. I think Bayern reaching the semi-finals of the CL will be the minimum requirement, I can see them being the first team winning it back to back. Unless Juve/Madrid/Barca get their act together.

ReputationRep:
    Walcott got voted 3rd best arsenal player of the season:

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...on-3rd-walcott

ReputationRep:
    Yeah very true, not much of a job to be done tbh. He just has to guide them. Heard that he wants to convert Martinez to CB which is interesting, think it's a good move personally could make use him like he did Pique at Barca. But the difference is I think Martinez is a much superior player. Could then have Kroos partnering Schwein in midfielder and then deadly front four up front. Such a scary team. I think Bayern reaching the semi-finals of the CL will be the minimum requirement, I can see them being the first team winning it back to back. Unless Juve/Madrid/Barca get their act together.
    Martinez already is able to play CB, Martinez and Dante CB next season will be awesome, both are positive players than can play under pressure. Don't think martinez can make those luiz/pique style runs forward but tbh with schweinsteigger, gustavo, kroos, gotze in midfield positions he doesn't really need to.

I think city and PSG will be in the equation somewhat, chelsea too with mourinho. I think PSG need to keep ancelotti though if they wanna win it next season. I'd discount united for the CL for at least the first 2 seasons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Walcott got voted 3rd best arsenal player of the season:

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...on-3rd-walcott
    Thought he might win it tbh I voted Arteta who's gonna be top 2 its Santi and then either Mertesacker or Koscielny ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsong)
    Thought he might win it tbh I voted Arteta who's gonna be top 2 its Santi and then either Mertesacker or Koscielny ?
    I voted mertesacker as he was good/great throughout the whole season rather than koscielny who was great at the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    I voted mertesacker as he was good/great throughout the whole season rather than koscielny who was great at the end.
    Yeah mertesacker had a good season overall but koscielny was getting all the best CB in the league hype from our fan base come the end of the season and in that way he peaked at the right time for the voting.

ReputationRep:
    Great minds think a like

Terrific player, the amount of times he's been the player on the line clearing the danger is ridiculous. Would be a really good addition to the squad. Having him and Jenks we'd be solid at RB for the next five years at least.
    Yeah my thoughts exactly. Love defenders like Coleman who go about their job in a dependable and straightforward way. He's not bad bombing forward as well of course.

Think Sagna is likely to stay at this stage, and he improved towards the end of the season in fairness. Jenkinson wont really be demanding 1st team football for a few years yet so maybe that's the best solution at RB.

ReputationRep:
    Tbf, there's a pretty simple reason why almost every single one of your players improved at the end of the season, and why you got 26/30 points. It wasn't just because top 4 was at stake, but there's a reason why you dropped those 4 points out of the 30(everton and united at the emirates both times). I give credit to the run but you've been playing fodder teams with nothing to play for bar mid table obscurity/relegation battlers so would be expected to get such a points tally.

That's why I'm not fully convinced with the team. You didn't beat a single team that was above you in the table. January-march is a good indication of where the team is at compared to the top teams I feel.

ReputationRep:
    Tbf, there's a pretty simple reason why almost every single one of your players improved at the end of the season, and why you got 26/30 points. It wasn't just because top 4 was at stake, but there's a reason why you dropped those 4 points out of the 30(everton and united at the emirates both times). I give credit to the run but you've been playing fodder teams with nothing to play for bar mid table obscurity/relegation battlers so would be expected to get such a points tally.

That's why I'm not fully convinced with the team. You didn't beat a single team that was above you in the table. January-march is a good indication of where the team is at compared to the top teams I feel.
    Yeah that's pretty much spot on. Cant remember an Arsenal side so short of inspiration or ideas against top teams and that can only be solves by bringing in some top class attacking players.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's pretty much spot on. Cant remember an Arsenal side so short of inspiration or ideas against top teams and that can only be solves by bringing in some top class attacking players.
    Yarp it sucks and will definately take more than 1 transfer window to get the numbers of top class attacking players we need to make a decent push for the title. Comparing the first 3:45 of this video to how we played this season highlights how far away from a decent title push we are at this precise moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70X8goHkONk

after 3:45 is all Bergkamp btw.

ReputationRep:

Sounds like you've been listening to too much Shearer as it's really a moot point and an simple one that can be extrapolated to every single team without watching/ knowing anything about them. I'm not convinced about this team in terms of puching for the title but not because we played teams that had 'nothing' to play for.

When you take into consideration that we've dropped many points against such teams with many actually expecting us to drop points against Wigan, it further shows why it isn't as simple that. Plus, SAF has won many titles with rubbish record against the top teams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KissMyArsene)

Most of his chip/ lob goals sure define logic and physics. Swear down you're only b=meant to lob keepers when they're like 10 yards off their line not when they're barely 6 yards off it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Sounds like you've been listening to too much Shearer as it's really a moot point and an simple one that can be extrapolated to every single team without watching/ knowing anything about them. I'm not convinced about this team in terms of puching for the title but not because we played teams that had 'nothing' to play for.

When you take into consideration that we've dropped many points against such teams with many actually expecting us to drop points against Wigan, it further shows why it isn't as simple that. Plus, SAF has won many titles with rubbish record against the top teams.
    I don't listen to shearer, he thinks my team are the english barcelona so I stopped listening to him and watching MOTD at that and watched full matches before making opinions.

I did watch many of your games during that run. It was the same thing the whole game, you get a decent amount of possession, probably like 55-60, play terrible in the first half, slow tempoed, create little chances with certain players fluffing shots and crosses(you know who) then the second half you step it up when the other team get tired or when you're 1-0 down. That was a constant occurrence. I know you'll say a wins a win but when you did such uninspiring performances in the first half of games vs top opposition (liverpool 2-2 emirates, chelsea 2-1 SB, bayern munich 3-1 emirates) it clearly costed you, even though you put in much better performances in the second half...

I don't doubt that if you did this the whole season you'd be in for the title, beating 14/20 teams twice would get you 84 points e.g. and you could draw at home and lose away to the other teams, that's 90 points, so like you said it's clearly possible, but in europe you'll again be on the receiving end of a spanking and out of a tie in the first leg.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KissMyArsene)
    Yarp it sucks and will definately take more than 1 transfer window to get the numbers of top class attacking players we need to make a decent push for the title. Comparing the first 3:45 of this video to how we played this season highlights how far away from a decent title push we are at this precise moment.

You played some nice football. Can't lie, it's absolutely ridiculous some of the passing you had, the flair as well.
    Bergkamp just seemed to know the correct weighting of a short pass and just had the ability to get the ball where his brain wanted it to go to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Most of his chip/ lob goals sure define logic and physics. Swear down you're only b=meant to lob keepers when they're like 10 yards off their line not when they're barely 6 yards off it.
    You played some nice football. Can't lie, it's absolutely ridiculous some of the passing you had, the flair as well.
    Bergkamp just seemed to know the correct weighting of a short pass and just had the ability to get the ball where his brain wanted it to go to.
    Yea Rioch netted us beauty there. But look at the movement of our attacking players whenever he's got the ball, we had multiples of wingers, central midfielders and strikers all bombing forward aggressively ripping defenders to shreds. Then you look at the way we played this year and there is literally none of that attacking bite it's all been hesitant (or crappy) approach play.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.