Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hllovt)
    Anyone going to the interview on Weds 18th at Canterbury? X
    Yes, me!! What are you interviewing for? I'm secondary history

ReputationRep:
    So I got my first rejection today. I was kind of expecting it, my interview didn't go amazingly and places are super competitive. My nerves got the better of me and I couldn't remember a thing I had prepared. I am massively disappointed , but if I look on the bright side I did get an interview. I think there are 26 places and over 500 applied last year, so to even to get an interview... I'm just pissed off with myself for foundering during the interview. However, onwards and upwards . I had another interview yesterday and it went a hundred times better (damn you nerves). But it will take around 2 hours to get there (that's if I even get an offer).

One more interview in January....

Good luck everyone. If you do get a rejection, having a little cry or whatever, then pick yourself up, dust yourself down and try again. You WILL succeed . Well that's what I am telling myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fen2k)
    So I got my first rejection today. I was kind of expecting it, my interview didn't go amazingly and places are super competitive. My nerves got the better of me and I couldn't remember a thing I had prepared. I am massively disappointed , but if I look on the bright side I did get an interview. I think there are 26 places and over 500 applied last year, so to even to get an interview... I'm just pissed off with myself for foundering during the interview. However, onwards and upwards . I had another interview yesterday and it went a hundred times better (damn you nerves). But it will take around 2 hours to get there (that's if I even get an offer).

Good luck everyone. If you do get a rejection, having a little cry or whatever, then pick yourself up, dust yourself down and try again. You WILL succeed . Well that's what I am telling myself
    That's a really good attitude to have. Good luck with your remaining interview and fingers crossed for a offer for yesterday's interview!

ReputationRep:
    Still haven't heard anything from IOE, Kingston or Greenwich about my application for secondary maths
    No interviews or rejections... Nothing.
    Driving me mad! Keep checking all the time!

ReputationRep:
    Just wanted to ask, do you book the professional skills test via https://www7.pearsonvue.com/testtake...SignInPage/TDA

I checked the DofE website some time ago, and I think there was a different link given then for the registration..? :/

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Just got an email from Bedford offering me an interview for January!!

ReputationRep:
    I just finished my personal statement yesterday and completed the application! Now just to wait for the references

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yoshi-i)
    Just wanted to ask, do you book the professional skills test via https://www7.pearsonvue.com/testtake...SignInPage/TDA

I checked the DofE website some time ago, and I think there was a different link given then for the registration..? :/

Thanks!

I think it's this one:
    https://www7.pearsonvue.com/testtake.../TDAENTRYTESTS

As you need the one that says 'Entry' tests I think!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bellylaugh)
    I think it's this one:
    https://www7.pearsonvue.com/testtake.../TDAENTRYTESTS

As you need the one that says 'Entry' tests I think!
    Thanks, yeah I realised I copied the wrong link LOL. I'm on the one that says Entry (rather than Exit), thank you

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to Hull for Primary but still not heard anything! Have they got back to you yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katiebarnes1991)
    Has anyone applied to University of Hull for primary? if so, have you heard anything yet?

I've applied to Hull for primary but I'm still waiting to hear from them! Are you still waiting for a response from them?

ReputationRep:
    I'm still waiting for Greenwich and a school direct to get back to me, constantly checking track is getting annoying now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fen2k)

For you to even get an interview is epic...

I'm still waiting on the 2nd reference... People are pushing all the wrong buttons with me :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiaclaire_)
    Afternoon! Which i'm glad about, because I live in Birmingham so it gives me time to drive down how about you?

Me too! Good luck will see you next week !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fen2k)

Hi there,

Thank you for your motivational message!

I'm glad you're not too disheartened and your attitude is definitely the best attitude to have!

I haven't had any response yet so i'm not sure how I will feel.

Good luck with it all! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandyN91)
    Does anyone know if IoE is doing any more interviews? Its my first choice n still havent heard anything yet.
    I was going to ask the same lol! What subject have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anisa-101)
    I was going to ask the same lol! What subject have you applied for?
    Secondary English. I sent off my application 5/12 n havent even gotten an acknowledgement from them. It is slightly scary since they offered conditional offers to others

ReputationRep:
    Secondary English. I sent off my application 5/12 n havent even gotten an acknowledgement from them. It is slightly scary since they offered conditional offers to others
    I also applied for Secondary English. I know how you feel, fingers crossed they get back to us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anisa-101)
    I also applied for Secondary English. I know how you feel, fingers crossed they get back to us
    Yhh good luck to u! Hopefully we'll see each other at the interview

ReputationRep:
    Yhh good luck to u! Hopefully we'll see each other at the interview
    Aww yes I wish the same for you too hopefully

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.