Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Arsenal Thread XX Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    What about the games in which Arsenal benefitted from questionable referring decisions in that run, I bet you weren't complaining then. Pires diving to win a penalty and admitting to it afterwards comes to mind. Or how about the Arsenal players being thugs in the 0-0 the previous season, lucky not to have had points deducted for that embarassing behaviour.

Rooney did dive to win a penalty, but this stonewall penalty was not given. Convenient how everyone forgets that:

Didnt rio jump on ljungbergs back in first half when baring down on goal? No free kick was given, yet alone a red card.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArsenalWenger)
    Didnt rio jump on ljungbergs back in first half when baring down on goal? No free kick was given, yet alone a red card.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Didn't he get a retrospective ban for studs down Cole's ankle?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    What about the games in which Arsenal benefitted from questionable referring decisions in that run, I bet you weren't complaining then. Pires diving to win a penalty and admitting to it afterwards comes to mind. Or how about the Arsenal players being thugs in the 0-0 the previous season, lucky not to have had points deducted for that embarassing behaviour.

Rooney did dive to win a penalty, but this stonewall penalty was not given. Convenient how everyone forgets that:

I was in the United end for the 0-0 at OT. One of the funniest football related moments of my life.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, this is further forward in time than that team but our team with Cesc, RVP and Nasri did have some right thuggish characters. Surprisingly, they lacked the mental fortitude though. The previous team had thuggish/chav scum traits too, but they were more mentally tough.

ReputationRep:
    The guys on Skysports 5 aren't very confident that we can go far this Champions League. I can't really complain we've only gone far twice since , 06 (Final) & 09 (Semi-Finals).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barneystin)
    you watch continental football, right?

what actually happened to him? just an overachieving youth?
    Bojan wasn't favoured by the manager and the form of Pedro, Villa and Messi meant it was very hard for him to get into the team.

I didn't watch too much continental football at the time.

ReputationRep:
    Being linked to manolas

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Being linked to manolas

Posted from TSR Mobile
    he's not in olympiakos' squad for tomorrow either. was alright in the WC but haven't seen him other than that. i hope this doesn't mean no CM signing either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    he's not in olympiakos' squad for tomorrow either. was alright in the WC but haven't seen him other than that. i hope this doesn't mean no CM signing either.
    I've only seen him in the world cup too.

I doubt it would stop a CM signing as he would probably just be a replacement for vermaelan

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Howedes being thrown out lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Howedes being thrown out lol
    What

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Being linked to manolas

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, looks like Manolas would Kostas around £8m

:ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how good he is

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

We've been linked with him for a bit now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    We've been linked with him for a bit now
    Howedes would be quality but maybe too good to be backup especially considering he's 26

Although if he's willing to come...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Howedes would be quality but maybe too good to be backup especially considering he's 26

Although if he's willing to come...

Posted from TSR Mobile

He's quite a versatile player I can see Wenger playing him in both CDM and backup CB if needed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    He's quite a versatile player I can see Wenger playing him in both CDM and backup CB if needed
    I didn't know he could play cdm. Is he good there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Really really hope wenger does not just by a defender who can play as CDM and think 'great, that position is covered' - then play arteta/flamini/new defender in rotation..

Just give ramsey a proper first team partner who is capable of the job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

Pires denies to this day that he ever dived...(obviously he did but whatever, it was the 40th minute or so, no guarantee we wouldn't have scored later on anyway). RvN should himself have been sent off in that game, loads of arsenal players got bans after that game you seem to have conveniently forgotten (also no one gets points deductions for unprofessional behaviour, otherwise Suarez would have stopped liverpool getting Europe).

Let's look at the incidents in that game (3 red cards united should have had: RvN, Ferdinand last man challenge, neville hatchet job on Reyes.

Match fixing at its finest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    Really really hope wenger does not just by a defender who can play as CDM and think 'great, that position is covered' - then play arteta/flamini/new defender in rotation..

Just give ramsey a proper first team partner who is capable of the job.
    We've done so well in the market this year and just need two more players. A quality DM and a decent CB. That's all really.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.