Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A3561)
    Think I got the same email as you about HMRC today, hopefully it's more than one position or location.
    Would imagine there are lots of positions and locations, tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miniimmy)
    Hey all, For those who were successful In the DAS when were your initial assessment centre days? Do you reckon they're going through applicants chronologically? I had mine near the end of June and haven't heard anything.
    I was early January

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

I came across this thread looking for information on the Direct Appointment Scheme. Am I right in thinking for those who received an email they were just matched with a position or did you have an informal interview? I received an email to ask if I could have an informal interview next week as there are a number of positions available - and I hadn't come across anyone talking about this on the thread so I am not sure what to expect. Has anyone had experience of this? Also for those asking I had my assessment centre on the 7th July and received an email about the Direct Appointment Scheme at the beginning of August.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ssgge)
    Hey guys

I came across this thread looking for information on the Direct Appointment Scheme. Am I right in thinking for those who received an email they were just matched with a position or did you have an informal interview? I received an email to ask if I could have an informal interview next week as there are a number of positions available - and I hadn't come across anyone talking about this on the thread so I am not sure what to expect. Has anyone had experience of this? Also for those asking I had my assessment centre on the 7th July and received an email about the Direct Appointment Scheme at the beginning of August.

Thanks
    My email was from the Fast Stream appointment team telling me HMRC would contact me regarding a role they may have for me. That email contained an attachment which was an email from HMRC directly, saying they would like to offer me a role in mainstream civil service through the DAS. It then went on to say they would be in touch by 24th August when I could get more information on the roles I was being considered for.
    Now, given they stated 'roles' instead of role I'd assume that I would have to meet them for an informal interview at some point like you are.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JHart1865)
    My email was from the Fast Stream appointment team telling me HMRC would contact me regarding a role they may have for me. That email contained an attachment which was an email from HMRC directly, saying they would like to offer me a role in mainstream civil service through the DAS. It then went on to say they would be in touch by 24th August when I could get more information on the roles I was being considered for.
    Now, given they stated 'roles' instead of role I'd assume that I would have to meet them for an informal interview at some point like you are.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahh thanks for that, I guess I am just wondering how much to prepare in terms of questions etc. Anyway, if anyone is interested I can post and say how it goes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ssgge)
    Ahh thanks for that, I guess I am just wondering how much to prepare in terms of questions etc. Anyway, if anyone is interested I can post and say how it goes.
    Hope it goes well for you next week, and would love to hear how it goes

What department was it that contacted you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ssgge)
    Would definitely like to hear how it went, thanks and good luck!

The first email I got said that any informal interview would be just as much for us to check them out. It's important that you don't just take anything and think practically about what the job entails and whether any relocation is needed and worthwhile for that role.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have had this email from HMRC saying they'll be in touch by 24th etc but haven't had any forms in the post, and the email from HMRC states they'll complete pre-appointment checks after we've spoken. Why do you think there are differences between people being offered positions in the same department?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WanChai)
    I have had this email from HMRC saying they'll be in touch by 24th etc but haven't had any forms in the post, and the email from HMRC states they'll complete pre-appointment checks after we've spoken. Why do you think there are differences between people being offered positions in the same department?
    My email also said they'll do pre-appointment checks once we've spoken. The forms I got were through Fast Stream (I assume as HMRC hadn't seen my papers then). Not sure if HMRC will do their own as well.

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Does anyone know the contact number for direct appointment scheme as I need to contact them to update my location preferences. I've emailed them but have not received a reply. Also should we assume if we've not heard by now that our application is not being taken further.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flower129)
    Hi
    Does anyone know the contact number for direct appointment scheme as I need to contact them to update my location preferences. I've emailed them but have not received a reply. Also should we assume if we've not heard by now that our application is not being taken further.
    I've not seen any phone numbers in any of my correspondence with them.

They hold your papers until the December after your assessment centre, so you could hear any time up until then.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I've just had an email attaching all the criminal checks forms etc. My original degree certificate is up in Lincoln at home (I'm down in London). Is it worth taking a zipcar up there to pick it up and send it all off asap? Will when you send it affect the application? Is it even likely to end up in anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robboadam31)
    Hey guys, I've just had an email attaching all the criminal checks forms etc. My original degree certificate is up in Lincoln at home (I'm down in London). Is it worth taking a zipcar up there to pick it up and send it all off asap? Will when you send it affect the application? Is it even likely to end up in anything?
    Can't you just ask somebody to send it to you? If posted first class it will be with you tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think I'll be doing that lol

I just got nervous that a small delay would blow it all up.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think I'll be doing that lol

I just got nervous that a small delay would blow it all up.
    They're very quick, I sent mine on the Friday and I had it back on the Tuesday.

ReputationRep:
    They're very quick, I sent mine on the Friday and I had it back on the Tuesday.
    So have you received an offer yet? And if so, how long did it take after sending the forms off?

ReputationRep:
    So have you received an offer yet? And if so, how long did it take after sending the forms off?
    I sent my forms off on the 7th and I got an email from them on the 11th saying HMRC would like to offer me a position and they would be in touch by the 24th. Not heard anything since then.

ReputationRep:
    I sent my forms off on the 7th and I got an email from them on the 11th saying HMRC would like to offer me a position and they would be in touch by the 24th. Not heard anything since then.
    Ok cool. Guess it's just a matter of sending off and praying. I imagine it's fairly likely though, if I've been given the forms?

ReputationRep:
    Ok cool. Guess it's just a matter of sending off and praying. I imagine it's fairly likely though, if I've been given the forms?
    My thinking is they wouldn't go through the pre-appointment checks process if they didn't plan on offering us something. Whether it's something we want to do is a different matter!

ReputationRep:
    Just had an email from CSR saying they have lots to get through and it's taking longer than expected, so have pushed the date back to mid-September by which time I should have heard from them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.