Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shropshirelass51)
    Hi,

Did you decide on the part-time option?

Have you done your bursary form? The evidence thay want is a bit daunting and s going to slow down my application, but I guess as long as it's in before August then there's no problem.

Wonder when we will hear anything from BCU?

Hope all is well!
    Hi! All's well on my end thanks!
    Haven't made a decision on part time yet; have had loads on my plate recently! Certainly don't prefer part time but it may be best in my predicament. Haven't done the bursary form yet either; i'll be trying to make a start on all of this, this week hopefully. Regarding hearing anything from BCU, do you mean like timetable info, etc....?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone want to make a facebook group for BCU speech therapy 2015? would like to talk to future pupils ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aimeen93)
    Does anyone want to make a facebook group for BCU speech therapy 2015? would like to talk to future pupils ^_^
    That sounds like a good idea...only i'm not on Facebook!!! I think some of the other posters on here accepted at other uni's have set up a forum on this site just for their specific uni applicants. Would setting up a forum on here just for BCU applicants be another viable option anyone? If not, no worries*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaaySLT)
    That sounds like a good idea...only i'm not on Facebook!!! I think some of the other posters on here accepted at other uni's have set up a forum on this site just for their specific uni applicants. Would setting up a forum on here just for BCU applicants be another viable option anyone? If not, no worries*
    I would prefer a BCU forum on this site too!

ReputationRep:
    It's crazy how quiet it's become on here the past few weeks. I hope everyone has got the offers they were after and aren't too stressed with finance applications. I've sent all mine off, my sfe loan has been approved and NHS have received my supporting evidence. I just need to wait now to see how much they give me if anybody needs any information or help with their application, feel free to ask me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nesca89)
    It's crazy how quiet it's become on here the past few weeks. I hope everyone has got the offers they were after and aren't too stressed with finance applications. I've sent all mine off, my sfe loan has been approved and NHS have received my supporting evidence. I just need to wait now to see how much they give me if anybody needs any information or help with their application, feel free to ask me

Ah that must be a nice position to be in Yes I have a question or two! For the sfe reduced loan, they want confirmation of our nhs bursary. Did you send that off before they confirmed your application/confirmed you would get it? I finished the sfe application last week but haven't had a letter confirming anything yet, I'm only just starting the nhs part so I cant send them confirmation of that yet.
    Also... with the nhs bursary (I think its been mentioned on here before but a few pages back) how many weeks are we in attendance? Is it 36, 42 or something else entirely?! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaylou12)
    Ah that must be a nice position to be in Yes I have a question or two! For the sfe reduced loan, they want confirmation of our nhs bursary. Did you send that off before they confirmed your application/confirmed you would get it? I finished the sfe application last week but haven't had a letter confirming anything yet, I'm only just starting the nhs part so I cant send them confirmation of that yet.
    Also... with the nhs bursary (I think its been mentioned on here before but a few pages back) how many weeks are we in attendance? Is it 36, 42 or something else entirely?! Thanks!
    i did the bursary forms at the weekend and it didn't ask how me many weeks, it just asked which Uni, so I guess they calculate it from that. I can't sent all my evidence off, as I have to have my sons 2015/16 student finance letter and he hasn't completed the forms as yet! We've got lots of time until the end of August though.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't send NHS confirmation to sfe, I think that will get done automatically when we have received the confirmation from NHS. I just gave to send an agreement letter back to sfe and then it says I can log in and see what to do next. Regarding the weeks of the course, I think I put 36. But it does automatically update when they know what course and university you are going to. It's just so they can pay you extra as you get more for each week after the standard amount of weeks if that makes sense. Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Anybody at the university of Manchester know how many weeks in attendance we have?

ReputationRep:
    i did the bursary forms at the weekend and it didn't ask how me many weeks, it just asked which Uni, so I guess they calculate it from that. I can't sent all my evidence off, as I have to have my sons 2015/16 student finance letter and he hasn't completed the forms as yet! We've got lots of time until the end of August though.
    Ah okay, so you're in a similar situation to me! Yes, I suppose there is no major rush really. I just want to know how much money I'm going to get before I sign for any accommodation! Thanks

I didn't send NHS confirmation to sfe, I think that will get done automatically when we have received the confirmation from NHS. I just gave to send an agreement letter back to sfe and then it says I can log in and see what to do next. Regarding the weeks of the course, I think I put 36. But it does automatically update when they know what course and university you are going to. It's just so they can pay you extra as you get more for each week after the standard amount of weeks if that makes sense. Hope this helps
    Oh I see, so we don't have to physically send them any NHS stuff. That's okay then, I'll sign the form and send that off and hopefully will receive a confirmation soon! Have you had a letter through the post from sfe yet? I'm still umming and ahhing over which uni to go to, really need to make up my mind!! Thanks for your help!

ReputationRep:
    Ah okay, so you're in a similar situation to me! Yes, I suppose there is no major rush really. I just want to know how much money I'm going to get before I sign for any accommodation! Thanks

Oh I see, so we don't have to physically send them any NHS stuff. That's okay then, I'll sign the form and send that off and hopefully will receive a confirmation soon! Have you had a letter through the post from sfe yet? I'm still umming and ahhing over which uni to go to, really need to make up my mind!! Thanks for your help!
    I'm not sure, I haven't been told that I have to but I'll find out soon I guess. Id just send the form off and log in to your account and it has an actions to be taken section I had a letter from sfe with the amount I will be getting and stuff. What unis are you stuck between?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure, I haven't been told that I have to but I'll find out soon I guess. Id just send the form off and log in to your account and it has an actions to be taken section I had a letter from sfe with the amount I will be getting and stuff. What unis are you stuck between?
    That's the one I'm waiting for :/ hopefully soon! MMU and uni of Manchester. Leaning towards MMU at the moment, the placements are more spread out and the new birley building is pretty impressive! Not sure what the library and study spaces are like there though. I'll decide somehow!

ReputationRep:
    That's the one I'm waiting for :/ hopefully soon! MMU and uni of Manchester. Leaning towards MMU at the moment, the placements are more spread out and the new birley building is pretty impressive! Not sure what the library and study spaces are like there though. I'll decide somehow!
    Ah I see, you should join us at MMU no really though, I hope you manage to make a decision soon

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!
    I have received offers and am now deciding what to choose as my firm and insurance. It's going to be between city and leeds, I real don't know what to choose at all!
    However, everyone around me seems to be pushing city as it has a slightly better 'reputation'
    Do you think this will matter? And did it affect any of your decisions?
    Thankyou!!

ReputationRep:
    It's reassuring to see that others are filling in the finance forms at the moment.

A question about SFE... some of the posts mention applying for a reduced loan. I answered that I was a qualified teacher with QTS on the initial page (as I am!) and had a pdf to complete. There is no box about a reduced loan - do I want the maximum available or a specified amount were the only questions.

Are there any other teachers out there who could help me as I was going to print it and post it this week.

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrsrev)
    It's reassuring to see that others are filling in the finance forms at the moment.

A question about SFE... some of the posts mention applying for a reduced loan. I answered that I was a qualified teacher with QTS on the initial page (as I am!) and had a pdf to complete. There is no box about a reduced loan - do I want the maximum available or a specified amount were the only questions.

Are there any other teachers out there who could help me as I was going to print it and post it this week.

Thank you!
    Sorry I can't help. I wasn't sure if you could apply to SF if you were already a graduate, perhaps someone can clarify?

Hope all is well!

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't sure if you could apply to SF if you were already a graduate,
    I'm not sure either, but have filled in details of my degree, so they can reject it if I don't qualify. I'd rather try and be pleasantly surprised if I get it. I'm hoping that not having a loan before will help.

I'm well thanks. Hope things are good with you too.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I can't help. I wasn't sure if you could apply to SF if you were already a graduate, perhaps someone can clarify?

Hope all is well!
    I think in most cases you can't but on our case you can as it leads to a professional qualification so you are still entitled to a reduced maintenance loan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenemily03)
    Hi everyone!
    I have received offers and am now deciding what to choose as my firm and insurance. It's going to be between city and leeds, I real don't know what to choose at all!
    However, everyone around me seems to be pushing city as it has a slightly better 'reputation'
    Do you think this will matter? And did it affect any of your decisions?
    Thankyou!!
    I wouldn't necessarily go on reputation, every uni had to deliver the same course content In a sense and NHS and other companies have told me they don't look at the uni you attended, only the result you got. Just go wherever you feel most comfortable as you'll be the one who has to attend for 3 years. I haven't been to city but when I work to Leeds, personally, I absolutely hated it. But everyone is different I hope you manage to make a decision

ReputationRep:
    If you don't mind me asking why did you hate leeds? Was there one particular thing you didn't like or an accumulation of different things?
    I totally understand if you don't want to answer..!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.