Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steliata)
    Do they still do January exams?
    I do certainly, since my exam board isn't in England the linear exams don't apply to me. Though I do 4 maths papers instead of the regular 2, and todays paper is supposed to be the hardest exam of all the maths exam... Harder than the June maths exam I still have to do :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trihawk7)
    I do certainly, since my exam board isn't in England the linear exams don't apply to me. Though I do 4 maths papers instead of the regular 2, and todays paper is supposed to be the hardest exam of all the maths exam... Harder than the June maths exam I still have to do :confused:
    That sounds grim. Well, good luck all the same

ReputationRep:
    Got an actual GCSE maths exam today... Haven't even revised much for it... So screwed is what I am

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hope it went well.

I'm doing maths atm (do 2 papers and the 2nd one is on Monday! Eeek!) -I know the pain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turn-to-page394)
    Hope it went well.

I'm doing maths atm (do 2 papers and the 2nd one is on Monday! Eeek!) -I know the pain.
    If only I can say it went well... I revised so much for circle theorems only to find there was zero. Zero. Defo isn't a very good mark... Probably a B max since I didn't know a lot of the paper and ended up just doing the "don't leave any space blank" thing...

Good luck on yours!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If only I can say it went well... I revised so much for circle theorems only to find there was zero. Zero. Defo isn't a very good mark... Probably a B max since I didn't know a lot of the paper and ended up just doing the "don't leave any space blank" thing...

Good luck on yours!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    OMG, same! Panicked so much about surds. Nope. Nada. None. Now they'll be on the next paper - or hopefully not, seeing as I suck at them for some reason... I always work out the answer as I'm leaving the exam.... ._.

I'm sure they went well - you're just focusing on what went badly not what went well (glass half full or empty, you know - not that I can talk being the obvs great optimistic I am! :P).

Thanks! Hoping to drag my mark up - or at least not drag it down. :/

ReputationRep:
    I got B/C in my AQA English Language Controlled Assesments. They count for 40% of the grade. Any tips on how to boost my grade to an A in the English Language paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's been ages since I've posted here! I got my Maths GCSE results for the exams I sat in November and I got an A, which is a full GCSE!

I have my English language exams next week which I'm not looking forward to, I haven't done too well on past paper practice.

I hope everyone else's January exams are going well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turn-to-page394)
    OMG, same! Panicked so much about surds. Nope. Nada. None. Now they'll be on the next paper - or hopefully not, seeing as I suck at them for some reason... I always work out the answer as I'm leaving the exam.... ._.

I'm sure they went well - you're just focusing on what went badly not what went well (glass half full or empty, you know - not that I can talk being the obvs great optimistic I am! :P).

Thanks! Hoping to drag my mark up - or at least not drag it down. :/
    I always seem to remember everything in the last 5 minutes :emo:...

Nah, definitely not, I missed out a lot as in I mean probably 2/5 of the paper was left to guessing It was quite a logical paper and while the past papers you could check your answers in the last 30 mins, this paper only left me with the last 5 mins to think of the 2/5 that I left out...

Lets hope you pull it up rather than dragging it down

(Original post by sunday_morning)
    It's been ages since I've posted here! I got my Maths GCSE results for the exams I sat in November and I got an A, which is a full GCSE!

I have my English language exams next week which I'm not looking forward to, I haven't done too well on past paper practice.

I hope everyone else's January exams are going well
    I did my B1 in November as a resit and got it back yesterday to find I got a high A Was really hoping for an A* but still, close enough Pretty chuffed. Resat it because in year 10 I did it but I didn't finish the paper :emo:

ReputationRep:
    ha yes
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    so i've put myself into a massive mess...
    yayy

ReputationRep:
    I always seem to remember everything in the last 5 minutes :emo:...

Nah, definitely not, I missed out a lot as in I mean probably 2/5 of the paper was left to guessing It was quite a logical paper and while the past papers you could check your answers in the last 30 mins, this paper only left me with the last 5 mins to think of the 2/5 that I left out...

Lets hope you pull it up rather than dragging it down
    Life...

I hate logical papers - I end up feeling more stupid than normal for not using my brain -- getting spoon-fed techniques to do questions has its downfalls...
    But if the paper was a hard one, maybe the grade boundaries will be lower?

Ahaha, yes.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else been stalking the Cambridge decisions thread all day? :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    I'm so confused - does an A* grade exist in A-levels?
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    (Original post by frostyy)
    Yes, it does.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by frostyy)
    Not at AS but yes in the full A Level

ReputationRep:
    I find it hard to pass my English Language someone please give me tips :/ btw my coursework is a B which stands for 40% but i still find it hard to get a C overall :'(
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Ayaz123)
    I find it hard to pass my English Language someone please give me tips :/ btw my coursework is a B which stands for 40% but i still find it hard to get a C overall :'(
    What exam board are you on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gingerbread101)
    What exam board are you on?
    WJEC
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Ayaz123)
    WJEC
    I was on AQA so can't really give you any specific help..
    Is it the creative writing you struggle with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gingerbread101)
    I was on AQA so can't really give you any specific help..
    Is it the creative writing you struggle with?
    Its the reading exam that i struggle with

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.