The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3340
Original post by Lucilou101
Seems a bit strange - it may be for statistics etc, best thing to do is to ask them :smile:

Original post by L'Evil Fish

It's for research, they want to see correlation with AS/2 modules with uni results

Ok. Thank you.
Original post by MyPrecious
Alright, Thank you so much! I shall email the admissions office ASAP.
Anything else i should know about this email I have to send?

Put 'missed offer' in subject title.
Oh great,
'I'm sorry! We have been extremely busy this last few days that I completely forgot to email you a copy of this letter. You have been pooled'
More purgatory time :smile:
So, I got 3A* and a C but unfortunately I needed an A in what I got a C in so I have been rejected but am off to Warwick

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HopefulLawyerHG
So, I got 3A* and a C but unfortunately I needed an A in what I got a C in so I have been rejected but am off to Warwick

Posted from TSR Mobile

No way, what subject?!
I got in! :biggrin:
Original post by aprocrastinator
Because I am a bit of a perfectionist and I put in the most revision hours for Biology and I feel like I did much better than the marks I got :redface: my dad was perfectly fine with remarking and it's his money so :tongue:

I wouldn't risk it, your grade might go down if you get a remark so then you would lose your offer!

See you in October. :smile:
Original post by MagicJigsaw
I wouldn't risk it, your grade might go down if you get a remark so then you would lose your offer!

No, if the remark goes down the official mark stays the highest one.
Anyone going to Christ's or studying bio natsci? :biggrin:
Original post by DiddyDodd
Anyone going to Christ's or studying bio natsci? :biggrin:

Christ NatSci here!!!!
Original post by Elcor
No, if the remark goes down the official mark stays the highest one.

No it doesn't. Latest one becomes your final mark.
Christ NatSci here!!!!

Woop!! So excited, so happy with my results!! :biggrin:
Original post by physicsmaths
Im gna reapply. Imperial/warwick and Cambridge again. I could very well get an S offer but I would take that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

what were your AS grades?
Original post by vincrows
No it doesn't. Latest one becomes your final mark.

Oh, not what I've heard. That's cruel and doesn't make any sense. Why would they take your money and lower your grade? 2nd marking could have been worse than 1st.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MagicJigsaw

True

http://www.jcq.org.uk/examination-system/post-results-services

"6.6.4 Where there has been a downgrade, the request will not be revoked and the original higher grade will not be reinstated."
No way, what subject?!

Law, and one of the A* was general studies

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elcor
Oh, not what I've heard. That's cruel and doesn't make any sense. Why would they take your money and lower your grade? 2nd marking could have been worse than 1st.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're paying money to be 'remarked' not buying higher marks.

Edited to add:
Original post by mazzletazzle
Truehttp://www.jcq.org.uk/examination-system/post-results-services"6.6.4 Where there has been a downgrade, the request will not be revoked and the original higher grade will not be reinstated."
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by paradoxicalme
Goddammit Cambridge, this is meant to be the honeymoon period! You send me an envelope, congratulate me on meeting my offer, then saddle me with 50 pages of financial documents, a bunch of forms I have to mail you (because you apparently still reside in the 19th century where the internet is nonexistent) and news of a £1500 college fee I've got to pay you in three weeks time. Thanks, Emmanuel. I feel very appreciated. :tongue:

(just kidding Cambridge I love you)

AFAIK it's only Emma that has that £1500 prepayment. Seems harsh.

(Congrats anyway! (If I haven't already said it (Apologies if I have - been a bit of a strange day...)))
Original post by physicsmaths
Im gna reapply. Imperial/warwick and Cambridge again. I could very well get an S offer but I would take that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds like a plan. Any ideas for what you'll be doing in the gap year? I highly recommend studying first year material because STEP should be easy after that, especially if you get up analysis.
Original post by jneill
AFAIK it's only Emma that has that £1500 prepayment. Seems harsh.

(Congrats anyway! (If I haven't already said it (Apologies if I have - been a bit of a strange day...)))
I think many colleges ask you to pre-pay for accommodation and possible some of college fees before a term starts.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending