Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well done you! 👍😀

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nasrin9494)
    I passed my numeracy test first time.
    I'm over the moon. Yayyyy
    Well done! I have my test at uel too next week, can you assist me in the questions that they ask for the maths and English and one to one?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VelmaStaplebot)
    Well done you! 👍😀
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Umi91)
    Well done! I have my test at uel too next week, can you assist me in the questions that they ask for the maths and English and one to one?

Thank you
    Thank you. The test that universities run is kinda similar to skills tests but they are quite easier than the actual tests. I have done them tests for the universities I applied to. I'm not sure about UEL but the universities I went to gave me test on spelling, punctuation, grammar and letter writing. Maths test was based on mental arithmetic question, multiplication, division, fraction and percentage questions. If you're currently revising skills test then you will get through this easily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nasrin9494)
    Thank you. The test that universities run is kinda similar to skills tests but they are quite easier than the actual tests. I have done them tests for the universities I applied to. I'm not sure about UEL but the universities I went to gave me test on spelling, punctuation, grammar and letter writing. Maths test was based on mental arithmetic question, multiplication, division, fraction and percentage questions. If you're currently revising skills test then you will get through this easily.
    Ahh thank you for your help! Much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4m4xx)
    Anybody doing a primary pgce at UOM?
    No sorry, but just wondering any body dling part time pgce primary at wichester uni.?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Umi91)

Thank you
    The writing was an essay type task, the one to one was all normal qs you would expect and the maths was sort of GCSE level. It was quite hard compared with UCL and the skills maths tests, so maybe revise some maths on bite size if you are not confident.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VelmaStaplebot)
    Hi Niyo123,
    I'm doing Chemistry SKE with Uni of Sussex through Vidlearn online. I'm based in the East Midlands, am still working and have young children so online will be a good option. It seems to be a rolling start date so I am planning on studying April to June approx. It was arranged through my tutor at Leicester Uni. I think the various ITT providers will all have their own preferred routes for SKE. There does seem to be a lot of variation. Hope that helps.
    Thanks.
    My training provider don't have online SKE for Maths. They have given me only the in campus options. I have to check with them if they allow me to do it from somewhere else. Me too have young child to look after, so it will be helpful if I get an online programme.

ReputationRep:
    I spoke to Hibernia College (part of TES) and they were helpful, before I sorted it out through the Uni. If you go with an alternative, the Uni may go with it.
    Here's a link to the SKE directory - might be useful.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...urse-directory

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Has there been an official statement or any articles on why there are no FE bursaries when a) they were here last year, and b) they is still a massive shortage of maths/english teachers in FE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S27)
    Has there been an official statement or any articles on why there are no FE bursaries when a) they were here last year, and b) they is still a massive shortage of maths/english teachers in FE?
    https://getintoteaching.education.go...ning/bursaries
    Are they not the bursaries for next year? Or is that for the 15/16 intake?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S27)
    Edit: I think the post above is correct, they don't half hide the info on the website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherry2005)
    No sorry, but just wondering any body dling part time pgce primary at wichester uni.?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gizmodo)
    https://getintoteaching.education.go...ning/bursaries
    Are they not the bursaries for next year? Or is that for the 15/16 intake?
    (Original post by Aemiliana)
    Edit: I think the post above is correct, they don't half hide the info on the website.
    Im not so sure, when you go on the links provided they all reference 15/16. If that was for the 16/17 i doubt it would be the same following the somewhat last minute changes to the process last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S27)
    Im not so sure, when you go on the links provided they all reference 15/16. If that was for the 16/17 i doubt it would be the same following the somewhat last minute changes to the process last year.
    I navigated through the site to find what I thought was the same info so I'd give them a ring/drop them an email to have them clear it up (and hopefully update the website if it's outdated).

ReputationRep:
    I navigated through the site to find what I thought was the same info so I'd give them a ring/drop them an email to have them clear it up (and hopefully update the website if it's outdated).
    Oh no im not to concered! I was part of the 15/16 intake but just wondering what has changed.

ReputationRep:
    Am I looking at something different, this says 2016/2017 An overview of all fundingFinancial incentives for postgraduate non-salaried teacher training courses in 2016/17 by subject:

https://getintoteaching.education.go...es-and-funding

ReputationRep:
    Anyone done english gcse equivalency test?
    Any advice will be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nurglespuss)
    Hey there,

I've completed my application for PGCE biology and am just waiting for references. Its a new direction for me! Ive gone the degree/MSc/PhD route, and am really looking forward to this next challenge!
    Wow, you seem like you have a lot of experience! I have also applied for PGCE biology. I had my interview couple of days ago, just waiting to hear back! Really excited about starting the course. where are you looking to go to?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.