Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whiggy)
    This is an amazing idea! Do they really plant the trees, though?
    It's from Earth Hour and Johnnie Walker is a big company so I shouldn't think they'd lie, especially when it doesn't cost that much to plant trees.

They may just be genuinely nice or doing it for corporate responsibility quota, but even in the worst case, I can imagine they'd just be interested in seeing who's searching for what alcohol companies and what their customers go on so I don't mind.

ReputationRep:
    #trump2016
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    I do hope that everyone enjoyed Europe day today by singing Ode to Joy and saluting our flag.
    My salute looked a bit like this:

:giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Toy Gun)
    It's from Earth Hour and Johnnie Walker is a big company so I shouldn't think they'd lie, especially when it doesn't cost that much to plant trees.

They may just be genuinely nice or doing it for corporate responsibility quota, but even in the worst case, I can imagine they'd just be interested in seeing who's searching for what alcohol companies and what their customers go on so I don't mind.
    Yeah, hopefully they will plant the trees then!

I think that's a debatable issue. I personally think that it's an infringement on people's rights if the company is snooping without expressed consent. There's probably some small print somewhere, so I'm not overly bothered either TBH.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really enjoying 'Up Late With Rylan' on Channel 5 so far! I hope its ratings are somewhat successful.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else's circadian cycle totally messed up and uncontrollable?

ReputationRep:
    Not good for thon cortisol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Helping a US friend with some basic maths. We've been working through #8. Look at the answer in the back. 'Murricah.

• Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Yep:yep: Thanks, TSR :yy:

(Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    Helping a US friend with some basic maths. We've been working through #8. Look at the answer in the back. 'Murricah.

Is it bad that I've forgotten enough of GCSE maths not to be able to do either of those questions?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

Errors are hardly uncommon in textbooks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This is true, but at least they normally retain some semblance of the correct answer. Aside from having '5' and 'x' in it, I have precisely no idea how they've reached this conclusion.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    This is true, but at least they normally retain some semblance of the correct answer. Aside from having '5' and 'x' in it, I have precisely no idea how they've reached this conclusion.
    Depending on how exactly what they use to write it works, it could be that they wrote "5 1/x" instead of "5+1/x" and it merged the two. IDK.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Edexcel A-Level maths textbooks have an infuriating number of errors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Yep:yep: Thanks, TSR :yy:

Is it bad that I've forgotten enough of GCSE maths not to be able to do either of those questions?
    I finally managed to get some sleep. It was a struggle though!

Haha, I know people who couldn't even do it at GCSE!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Terrible scenes in Munich knifeman stabs 4 people 1 dead shouting " Allahu Akbar "
    But remember it has absolutely nothing to do with Islam .... And we should welcome muliculturism with open arms

ReputationRep:

I would laugh but I'm not 100% sure myself. It's 5x + 1 / x surely in its lowest form no?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    Terrible scenes in Munich knifeman stabs 4 people 1 dead shouting " Allahu Akbar "
    But remember it has absolutely nothing to do with Islam .... And we should welcome muliculturism with open arms
    I hope the Swedish story is sensationalised as well (lodger rapes 10 year old)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    Is there a group of people, preferably foreign, you quite like for us to demonstrate them to be a bunch of evil, murderous ***** so we can keep them out too?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Saracen's Fez: something tells me you aren't moving back in; cranbrook_aspie, we did notice the paint job and will see you in court.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Is there a group of people, preferably foreign, you quite like for us to demonstrate them to be a bunch of evil, murderous ***** so we can keep them out too?
    When did i mention foreigners ?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.