Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    FYI, just done HSBC phone interview. Very basic competencies and motivation. Interview last around 15mins. They sent me an email 30mins after that I met the minimum requirements, and wait for further reviews.

ReputationRep:
    Barclays phone interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prettyIBer?)
    FYI, just done HSBC phone interview. Very basic competencies and motivation. Interview last around 15mins. They sent me an email 30mins after that I met the minimum requirements, and wait for further reviews.
    (Original post by JimbobJam)
    Barclays phone interview
    congrats to both of you, which divisions btw? and when did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Breakingbank)
    congrats to both of you, which divisions btw? and when did you apply?
    For those of you that passed the Citi test how long did you have to wait before finding out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ox2018)
    For those of you that passed the Citi test how long did you have to wait before finding out?
    Have you done it ? How you think you did?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    Doing my Nomura test, clicked on next question half way through and the screen went blank and says IBM. Any ideas what I should do?

I've now got error code 00003, wonderful

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What happened after this ?

Same thing happened to me, emailed them. They havent responded, but then I received an automated rejection!

Do you have a contact at Nomura ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stealth_writer)
    Yeah I did it like an hour ago. Yeah I thought it was alright, the difficulty kept increasing but it seemed okay. Really annoying with all the scrolling and the amount of useless information though

How did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stealth_writer)
    Just did the test like an hour ago. Out of 12 questions: 4 definitely wrong (2 ran out of time, 2 plugged in the wrong numbers), 6 probably right (probably), of the 2 left I have no memory whatsoever what I managed to accomplish :P

So yeah, now im quite emotionally drained to get myself to do anything else today!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kate992)
    Just did the test like an hour ago. Out of 12 questions: 4 definitely wrong (2 ran out of time, 2 plugged in the wrong numbers), 6 probably right (probably), of the 2 left I have no memory whatsoever what I managed to accomplish :P

So yeah, now im quite emotionally drained to get myself to do anything else today!
    Im sure you'll be fine. I wonder whether my test was perhaps different to you guys as I am applying for the IBD Stockholm test but it was talentq for Citi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gavgav123)
    What happened after this ?

Same thing happened to me, emailed them. They havent responded, but then I received an automated rejection!

Do you have a contact at Nomura ?
    Nothing has happened. I can no longer access the test but they haven't rejected me. I haven't heard back yet.

I have emailed them on an address that was in the FAQs on "what to do if you encounter a test problem". If I don't get a reply in two days, then I have the email of the IBD Recruiter who I will go to for escalation. PM me and I will send you the addresses.

So frustrating, their application took me ages and I was doing well on the test. So bizarre for the screen just to go blank like that mid-way through.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    Nothing has happened. I can no longer access the test but they haven't rejected me. I haven't heard back yet.

I have emailed them on an address that was in the FAQs on "what to do if you encounter a test problem". If I don't get a reply in two days, then I have the email of the IBD Recruiter who I will go to for escalation. PM me and I will send you the addresses.

So frustrating, their application took me ages and I was doing well on the test. So bizarre for the screen just to go blank like that mid-way through.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    PM'd

ReputationRep:
    Guys, so confused.

I just got an email from Citi. I applied SA, FT and OC. They said they cannot accept my SA or FT application because my OC one has "already been processed" even though on the website it says you can apply for more than one role.

Anyone else had this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Had my HSBC Assessment Centre last week, also had my first round Citi last week with Cit assessment centre this coming Wednesday, all happening so fast!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Finance123456)
    Had my HSBC Assessment Centre last week, also had my first round Citi last week with Cit assessment centre this coming Wednesday, all happening so fast!
    For summer ?
    What division ?

ReputationRep:
    For summer ?
    What division ?
    Yeah for Summer, HSBC was following on from the Spring Week so fast tracked but Citi was a new application this year, both were for markets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Finance123456)
    Yeah for Summer, HSBC was following on from the Spring Week so fast tracked but Citi was a new application this year, both were for markets.
    Wow. Well done. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Wow. Well done. Good luck!
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else buzzing for these rejections to flood da inbox or just me?! Haha.. wish they would tell you if your through or not rather than putting it in a pile for ages

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard back from deustche yet after sitting the numerical test?? They are taking ages!!!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if BAML got a new recruitment system ?

My email and password don't seem to be working with their system ?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.