Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

• View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doctorwhofan98)
    I think universities get our results on Sunday, though they might not look at them until Monday.
    Unis get our results on the 12th so tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catsinnit)
    Im so worried because both my firm and insurance choices are asking for ABB so if i dont get the grades i dont have a backup, which i know was a stupid decision on my part but i couldnt find a single university that i liked that had entry requirements below ABB

To make things worse because im having a gap year i cant go through clearing (as far as i know) so if i fail i'll have to retake
    What do you mean you can't go through clearing if you're on a gap year?!!!!!! 😱😱😱😱

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladymusiclover)
    Anyone have edexcel markscheme files?
    They're in the first thread post

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onica)
    Yo are not the only one! I found those papers difficult too. My whole class found the SCLY4 paper difficult too, and everyone was complaining about how hard it was on the Sociology thread and on a Twitter, so there's some consensus between the students showing that everyone across the country found it hard. I saw a post from this girl on Twitter who posted an email from her teacher, and that teacher said that the paper was unfair and the most difficult paper they have seen and she was talking to other teachers from different schools and they said the same. I'm sure you've seen the petition for lowering grade boundaries, right? Although it may be funny, it shows that people found it hard and even a teacher retweeted the post on lowering grade boundaries. SCLY3 was a dream and I think I can get near full marks. I thought as that paper was easy, the the next one will be hard but I had know Idea it would be that hard! It was ridiculous because the put topics that were literally less than a page of Information after I worked hard all year studying everything and getting full marks for that to come up!

Well for Psychology, I have no comments. Apparently they copied the same question for gender from last year? I didn't do those sections but did Aggression, intelligence and a Eating Behaviours and found it 'ok'. PSYA4 was okay, but it was research methods that I didn't like.

I hope the grade boundaries are low.
    Well in a way I am glad everyone found it hard since I guess there will be more of a chance of lower grade boundaries (let's hope!!) but yeah it was definitely unexpected and incredibly unfair. My teacher gave predictions for sociology and he said it was something like gender and crime, ethnicity and crime and something else (I'm ready forgetting literally everything!) and he only told us a week prior to the exam that postmodernism could be a 33 marker! But regardless, none of his predictions came up and those were the ones I really revised for. 😒
    I didn't realise there was a petition!! I never looked on Twitter after I was afraid that everyone was gonna find it easy and then I would be panicking
    all summer. I'll sign the petition immediately if it still means anything (are the grade boundaries set in stone now?)

Yeah with psychology I've resorted to just hope now. Literally no idea what the grade boundaries could be like. I didn't revise for unit 3 because I had a media exam that same day and I literally knew nothing so I was panicking more about that.and yeah gender did come up again the same as last year I think but then again I've literally forgotten all the questions for all of my exams now. I did gender, aggression and relationships (relationships was so utterly boring) Unit 4 wasn't great but I need a B in psychology to get into my uni so fingers crossed!

Good luck with your results! And let's hope the grade boundaries are low and nice!! I did one year a levels so psychology AS wasn't that hard this year (thank god) but I had a feeling that the A2s would be horrific. 😒

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abii21)
    What do you mean you can't go through clearing if you're on a gap year?!!!!!! 😱😱😱😱
    I thought clearing is for people who want to start this year?

ReputationRep:
    7 days to go and I'm slowly going towards insanity! Why so much uncertainty? :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TraceyE)
    I thought clearing is for people who want to start this year?
    I'm such a thicko. I have been on a gap year, wanting to start this September. I thought you meant people who have taken a gap year couldn't 😄 Sorry!

ReputationRep:
    I've finally decided on my clearing backup uni so now I'm just really excited to see my grades, and also grade boundaries are out in 6 days Woooo 😎😎

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doctorwhofan98)
    I think universities get our results on Sunday, though they might not look at them until Monday.
    Ah thank you! We only have a few days left then... :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    I've finally decided on my clearing backup uni so now I'm just really excited to see my grades, and also grade boundaries are out in 6 days Woooo 😎😎
    Ohhhh what is it? I think I've got about 8 back ups, data for all collected and listed in order of preference.

Can't wait for results too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    UCAS got them today, they are matching them to our applications and Sunday they send our results to the unis. So as I said a few days ago the unstoppable ball is now moving and our futures are fixed.
    Oh gosh no! :rofl: I hope they don't see mine and just skim over it! :rofl: Oh no don't tell me that! I did really badly in one of my exams :/ I'm not too worried this year though, probably because I've told myself that it's not the end of the world Good luck with yours! I hope you get what you need!

ReputationRep:
    you're not alone..

ReputationRep:
    So much suspense and my heart can't take it. I can almost taste my heart 😷

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tofearoblivion)
    So much suspense and my heart can't take it. I can almost taste my heart 😷
    I hope that there are many happy students on results day

I feel like all my hard work will be wasted, as these AS exams don't count towards anything at least they'll give me an indication of what to improve on next year!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueenBee98)
    Oh gosh no! :rofl: I hope they don't see mine and just skim over it! :rofl: Oh no don't tell me that! I did really badly in one of my exams :/ I'm not too worried this year though, probably because I've told myself that it's not the end of the world Good luck with yours! I hope you get what you need!
    I'm sure you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    I'm barely sleeping

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    I'm sure you'll be fine
    I hope so!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vik1234)
    Unis get our results on the 12th so tomorrow
    Really? Where does it say rhat

ReputationRep:
    Anyone did As business studies exams this year for edexcel ... what did you thought of it???

ReputationRep:
    Anyone did As business studies exams this year for edexcel ... what did you thought of it??? Im just eondering

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.